Fight Night Round 4 Thread!

js1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
fight-night-round-4.jpg

I did not see a thread for the PS3 version of the game(I searched, 360 version has one though). I figured with the current B1G1 deal going on and the trade 3 to get Fight Night R4 deal going on at GS, that more people(PS3 owners) are going to get the game, so I figure now would be a great time to start a thread to keep track of everyone's Legacy characters and setup CAG tournaments and more.

So, if you have the game and would like to play(fight) :argue: against other CAG's post your PSN name, Time Zone and best time for you to play.

I'll do my best to keep the thread updated that way people don't have to search to find users.

Feel free to use this template and just put in your info. And don't forget when sending friend requests put that it's for Fight Night or whatever else.

PSN: (CAG name)
Time Zone:
Best Time for me is:

So as Ref Lane Mills would say "Let's get it on!"
test-mills.jpg

:boxing:

List of CAG's(as of 7/12/09)

PSN:SmogItUp(smiggity)
Time Zone: EST
Best Time for me is: Late nights

PSN:x3x1x (bornrunnin31)
Time Zone:EST
Best Time for me is: prob after 9pmish.

PSN:Phoenix_Azure(Ecofreak)
Time Zone: ?
Best Time for me is:?

PSN:Li9uid (ED_ )
Time Zone: PST
Best Time for me is: ?

PSN:WatchdogXC (WatchdogXC )
Best Time for me is: 8pm or later

PSN:mdam0re (m_d_amore)
Time Zone: ?
Best Time for me is: ?

PSN:Metrognome (Metrognome)
Best Time for me is: Weeknights and weekends 11PM - 2AM

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't explored online yet, but having plenty of fun in Legacy. The photo face creation sort of looks like me, probably better than I could do it I tried manually to get it to look like me.

Anyway, count me in for some fights.

EST prob after 9pmish.

I'd be in for a few matches. Really early on in my Legacy career. I used the USB camera and my face is REALLY FREAKIN' LONG.

Great game -- I missed playing it after Round 2 several years ago. I'm glad they got rid of that parry system because I thought it was ridiculous and not fun at all.

i tried the demo and didnt like the changes they made to the controlls. i liked having the haymaker as a button move. can you change the button controlls in the final game? also whats it like using mike tyson?

I really enjoyed the demo and enjoyed using the sticks, just because when using buttons I found myself using the same ones most of the time.

My main goal of this thread was just to have a thread for everyone to be able to find other players and to at some point have a CAG tournament(not for a while) just to give people(myself included) to enjoy the game and get to know the controls and the "in's and out's" of the way the game works.

I do need to get a usb camera or eye toy to try the usb capture thing(could use it for Burnout Paradise also).

Well the camera scans your face and tries to make an ingame face as close as they can to your's. Mine is somewhat accurate but it's nothing super incredible.

There are some other cool features I didn't even know about though. You can upload created boxers and share them. Plenty of celebrities and other boxers not in the game already up that look fairly accurate. It also has the scrolling ESPN ticker at the bottom you can customize what news shows up and you can also access some ESPN videos on demand, but they aren't the most recent right now.

Still, I'm having fun and the stick doesn't bother me at all. I feel like I'm throwing plenty of punches fast and accurately. Rarely do I throw the wrong one I'm looking to.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Well the camera scans your face and tries to make an ingame face as close as they can to your's. Mine is somewhat accurate but it's nothing super incredible.

There are some other cool features I didn't even know about though. You can upload created boxers and share them. Plenty of celebrities and other boxers not in the game already up that look fairly accurate. It also has the scrolling ESPN ticker at the bottom you can customize what news shows up and you can also access some ESPN videos on demand, but they aren't the most recent right now.[/QUOTE]

Pretty cool, I didn't know some of that either..

When I saw the video for Tyson vs Ali, I knew I had to get this. I got it on release and have been addicted since. I am currently playing as Tyson in Legacy mode. I must admit that I am a total newb to FN; I only played FN3 on psp, so the stick controls don't bother me. I'm not that good because I tend to throw many punches. Early on that's not a big deal, but as I fight more experienced fighters my stamina will drain and I'm gonna get caught with a hard uppercut :roll:

Anyhow, I really like this game and am enjoying it a lot!

glad to see this thread - I currently have a sealed copy w/a gift receipt trying to decide whether to open it up... I've heard there are online issues w/people disconnecting and winning - any validity to that? If so could it be fixed w/a patch?

Right now for me, it's either keep FNR4 or return it and get Madden 10 when it comes out. I appreciate CAG experiences w/the game!

whats it like using mike tyson?
Ask Don King, he would know

I'll be getting it today... I was set on buying FN4 about 2 years ago, and the fact that I'm only paying $20 for it through the B1G1 only sweetens the deal. I didn't know they nixed the button controls, kinda dissapointing but I'll get used to it I'm sure. I'm going to work through some single player first but I might throw my ID up here when I'm through. I can't coordinate an attack worth shit in Valkyria Chronicles but I can put a whoopin' on everyone when it comes to Fight Night

I have it and it is a lot of fun so far. My PSN is WatchdogXC and I'm Eastern Time Zone and mainly play after 8:00 or so. I had a lot of fun with my first online match but the last 2 were horrible and it didn't really have to do with losing. It was just a pain playing against someone who would throw well over 100 punches every round and try to cheese it.

It looks like you can upload a couple of pictures (front and side) of yourself to achieve a similar result(better?) than using the usb camera on www.easportsworld.com . I'm going to give it a try and see how it turns out. Some of the created boxers online are really good like a couple of the Rocky's and Ivan Drago, etc..

[quote name='saiyajinsc']I just got the game today, and I picked Ali against Tyson, the first punch of the first round Tyson threw knocked me out!!!!![/QUOTE]

Welcome to the world of boxing! At least it was a virtual smack-down and not real life :boxing:

So I'm about 18 fights through my player created Legacy mode, and everyone ranked above me has stats that are way above my own (Currently ranked 16). Makes me afraid to go and try to climb the ladder. Anyone else notice this or did I climb too fast?

[quote name='m_d_amore']you can add me to the list too[/QUOTE]

I added you to the main list.

So how are you guys doing on your Legacy mode? What about online? How are you guys doing on there?

Won my first like dozen fights in legacy then starting challenging higher ranked opponents in the 20s and lost like5 straight. Only won a few online fights too, haven't run into anyone cheap, I'm just not that great I guess.

The online belts you have to work your way up in the online championship mode. Good luck with that.

For the online belts, apparently, someone with the PSN "DJeezy" actually holds all three belts. There is requirement that the belt holder fight at least once every three days or he relinquishes the belt. Problem is -- he has two Playstation 3s, so he keeps fighting himself and thus retains the belts.

So many people are waiting for a shot at those trophies but can't do anything about it. Not sure EA even cares to address this issue.

You can read all about it on the GameFAQs.com forum.

[quote name='mykevermin']^ ahahahahahaha. whatta fuckin' prick.

Kinda funny anyway.[/QUOTE]

It's actually really sad that this person would actually spend the time running these shenanigans. Wonder if he bought a 2nd PS3 specifically for this.

I'll grant that it is sad indeed. But still rather funny.

EA - and other companies that have online titles in games, should have them acquired and defended only in random online bouts. Easy solution, I would think.

pretty fun. but no less an asshole. it should be get the trophy and pass it on to the next guy.

so ecofreak, i havent seen you play bb yet!

found that on GFAQ

So he has all 3 belts. Well a friend of mine contacted him and DJ said he will trade the 3 belts for Socom. So if you got Socom from the PSN contact DJeezy and see if you can trade and get the belts back in cycle. or just trick him and get them. Either way figured I would post this since it was passed on to me.

[quote name='enufs8d']so ecofreak, i havent seen you play bb yet![/QUOTE]

Oh -- BlazBlue? I actually picked FNR4 instead of BlazBlue because I have a very poor performance history when it comes to Guilty Gear type fighters. And I unfortunately don't have enough time to devote to learn a whole new fighting system w/ brand new characters. I had earlier experience w/ FNR2 on the PS2 and thought I'd jump back in. I also didn't want to get stressed about a game w/ even more complexity than SFIV ("I HATE FIREBALLZ & I CAN'T PULL OFF THIS ULTRA COMBO!!! RAWR!!")

Watching the 2nd Season of Hajime no Ippo (AKA Victorious Boxers) really pushed me over the edge.

[quote name='m_d_amore']found that on GFAQ

So he has all 3 belts. Well a friend of mine contacted him and DJ said he will trade the 3 belts for Socom. So if you got Socom from the PSN contact DJeezy and see if you can trade and get the belts back in cycle. or just trick him and get them. Either way figured I would post this since it was passed on to me.[/QUOTE]

I don't own either game, but you're a chump if you would give in to a dude like that by gamesharing or whatever.

Still thinking b/w this and UFC. Still unsure.

[quote name='Ecofreak']For the online belts, apparently, someone with the PSN "DJeezy" actually holds all three belts. There is requirement that the belt holder fight at least once every three days or he relinquishes the belt. Problem is -- he has two Playstation 3s, so he keeps fighting himself and thus retains the belts.

So many people are waiting for a shot at those trophies but can't do anything about it. Not sure EA even cares to address this issue.

You can read all about it on the GameFAQs.com forum.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: That's awesome.

[quote name='smiggity']GhostFace where you at? We need to fight :whee:[/QUOTE]

I'll be on tonight! You askin' for a beatdown!?;):boxing:

[quote name='Ecofreak']Oh -- BlazBlue? I actually picked FNR4 instead of BlazBlue because I have a very poor performance history when it comes to Guilty Gear type fighters. And I unfortunately don't have enough time to devote to learn a whole new fighting system w/ brand new characters. I had earlier experience w/ FNR2 on the PS2 and thought I'd jump back in. I also didn't want to get stressed about a game w/ even more complexity than SFIV ("I HATE FIREBALLZ & I CAN'T PULL OFF THIS ULTRA COMBO!!! RAWR!!")

Watching the 2nd Season of Hajime no Ippo (AKA Victorious Boxers) really pushed me over the edge.[/QUOTE]

I thought about picking up Blazblue, just because the reviews seem so good for it ,but I never have gotten into any other fighters besides Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, and MvC.

This is what happens when people have FNR4, a cat, webcam, and too much time on their hands...

504x_IMG00414-20090702-2016-804.jpg
504x_IMG00423-20090702-2128-804.jpg

I love the person's screen name, BTW.

I wonder how the game's physics engine would handle a good right hook.

And I'm positively horrified.

fuck EA, not paying for something that should've been in the game to begin with. I don't think face buttons will help it at this point, UFC murdered this game.

[quote name='Scorch']fuck EA, not paying for something that should've been in the game to begin with. I don't think face buttons will help it at this point, UFC murdered this game.[/QUOTE]

The face buttons will be free to download. I am the opposite, I enjoy fight night, I did not care too much for the UFC game. It's a good game just hate the online glitch. Have they patched that yet?

UFC cant stand up to the legacy that is fight night.

Sorry for bailing on ya the other night Ghost. After Socom we can finally get one in

[quote name='smiggity']UFC cant stand up to the legacy that is fight night.

Sorry for bailing on ya the other night Ghost. After Socom we can finally get one in[/QUOTE]

It's cool, I'm not fairing too good against others in the few online matches I've played. I am 0-3 in my world championship(online) mode. And I'm 1-0 in a quick ranked match. So I worry a little bit about the online play, especially with the one guy holding all of the belts and being a dick about it.

So, I'll give the game some more time and if I don't get bored with it all see what the DLC will be like. But at least if I get rid of it, I'll be able to get my money back or more than what I paid for it..;)

I want a fighting game(online), but I don't know if this is what I want. I might look into Blazblue and see what that is like..

[quote name='smiggity']You sell this already Ghost? Saw you were on BlazBlue the other day[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did I actually got more than I paid for it! I am really enjoying Blazblue. It's one of the better fighting games I've played in a long time.

bread's done
Back