Thomas Hearns
Tommy Morrison
Victor Ortiz
Vinny Paz
Vivian Harris
Winky Wright
Yuriorkis Gamboa

Last edited by a moderator:
Also no Larry Holmes, Bernard Hopkins, Evander Holyfield, or Floyd Mayweather Jr.

But I'm really glad to see Julio Caesar Chavez in there.

This is my most anticipated game of the first half of 2009. I played round 3 to death on 360 and PS3 and I can't wait for this one to drop.

I hope you can toggle off the HUD though.

Anyone here a boxing fan but didn't care much for FNR 3? I thought the demo was awesome so I bought it. But after playing it for like a week I never really touched it again.

I don't know what the problem was...

[quote name='steveinneed']Anyone here a boxing fan but didn't care much for FNR 3? I thought the demo was awesome so I bought it. But after playing it for like a week I never really touched it again.

I don't know what the problem was...[/QUOTE]
Maybe you sucked at it? :lol:

I wasn't addicted and I hated playing online because some people were way too good, but I loved playing it with my friends.

[quote name='Sparta Omni']Maybe you sucked at it? :lol:

I wasn't addicted and I hated playing online because some people were way too good, but I loved playing it with my friends.[/QUOTE]

I played online a couple times and I was pretty mediocre. I don't think that is it though as I couldn't even bring myself to finish the career mode.

[quote name='Scorch']UFC has completely killed my hype for this game. I wonder if anyone else feels the same.[/QUOTE]

In the same boat. Loved FNR 3 and have been waiting for 4 to come out. Once I played the UFC demo, FNR 4 became a distant thought. Will probably pick up FNR 4 at the end of the year when its cheap though, it still looks amazing and alot of fun. Just can't seem to justify having 2 fighting games.

Just pre ordered this and got a early demo card for tomorrow, which is cool.

If no one else has it I will come back and tell you guys about it.

Since this isn't an "official" boxing product, they should have a little fun and put all the Rocky boxers in. Lang, Creed, Drago, and Balboa. Shit, the sales would probably increase tenfold. Maybe if they kinda stayed true to boxing by having Rocky characters unlockable or as DLC, so as to not piss off any purists.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Since this isn't an "official" boxing product, they should have a little fun and put all the Rocky boxers in. Lang, Creed, Drago, and Balboa. Shit, the sales would probably increase tenfold. Maybe if they kinda stayed true to boxing by having Rocky characters unlockable or as DLC, so as to not piss off any purists.[/QUOTE]

this is a little off topic, but, did you just play a game of gears 2 warzone?

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Since this isn't an "official" boxing product, they should have a little fun and put all the Rocky boxers in. Lang, Creed, Drago, and Balboa. Shit, the sales would probably increase tenfold. Maybe if they kinda stayed true to boxing by having Rocky characters unlockable or as DLC, so as to not piss off any purists.[/QUOTE]

Yea but then they would of had to pay for them. You can always just create them. People made great CAPs for FNR3

Been playing the demo for a while and its pretty damn good. I dont like the full analog controls though because, like skate sometimes its just hard to train your thumb not to move the sticks a certain degree.

Other than that it was kinda sweet.

No, you have to have a gamestop preorder thing in order to get it now. If you dont wait 2 weeks and then it will be there for download.

The demo itself isnt that good but it does show that the game has some great potential. You only get 3 rounds and the game seems to be set up so that you have to really take your time and pick your spots over the long haul.

3 rounds is a little short to get the full experience.

finally got my hands on a dl..

well it certainly feels... different..

doesnt have the same pick up and play control factor like the other... gotta keep playing it..

All I ever do with Create-A-Fighter is make Rocky characters, so I don't disagree. I doubt it would ever happen because of licensing rights...but then again, it's not that much weirder than Fight Night Round 2 for Gamecube having Super Punch-Out!! as an unlockable extra.

Downloading demo now.

Anyone have any issues with the demo? I cannot get it to work. I start it up and it just hangs at the start-up FNR4 screen. Does it take a long time to start?

[quote name='doubledown']Does it take a long time to start?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Demo works fine, you're just being impatient. It's probably better if you don't play the demo, though. After playing UFC, FNR4 is pretty bad.

[quote name='KaneRobot']All I ever do with Create-A-Fighter is make Rocky characters, so I don't disagree. I doubt it would ever happen because of licensing rights...but then again, it's not that much weirder than Fight Night Round 2 for Gamecube having Super Punch-Out!! as an unlockable extra.

Downloading demo now.[/QUOTE]
The trailer included with the demo says that players can share created boxers online, so expect all of the classic boxers that you can think of to be on their quickly.

Enjoyed the demo, though I don't think I have a grasp of the controls enough to do much damage. I won by decision with Hatton but won for just throwing more punches and connecting about the same percentage as Pac-Man. It was fun though as my first FN game, though UFC seems to be easier to get a hold of and get some satisfying fights out of it.

Played the demo and was really not that impressed. I wanted to love it but found that it was just OK. I have to say that after playing UFC for the past couple weeks this one does not top that. Hopefully the full game will be a little better and once I can use other boxers maybe my mind will change.

Loved almost all the Fight Night games. Did not love the demo for Round 4. The new total punch control doesn't feel right, a lot of times I'll make the motion for hooks or uppercuts and instead it'll go for hooks to the body. Why couldn't they have made the left trigger the modifier for all body punches instead of just for some body punches? The game is about timing punches for the best result and there are times I'll throw a different punch than what I was trying for. Fail.

Round 3 had no HUD, this one has 3 different bars for each fighter cluttering up the screen.

I miss countering punches, but this is more realistic. Graphics are great, especially the arena and crowd. The fighters animate much better than FNR3.

UFC did nothing for me. After playing the demo for this, I wasn't too impressed either. FN3 was pretty much exactly what I wanted, it was just lacking as far as bells and whistles. This new control setup is going to take some getting used to, I'll keep giving it a shot to see if I can adjust.

You guys are killing me with this UFC stuff.

UFC, although the best UFC game every made isnt that amazing of a game. I played around 50 matches with a buddy of mine and it was a blast but certainly not the second coming of jesus like you guys are making it seem. I think some of you are letting being a fan of UFC cloud your vison of the game being amazing. Though it is nice that you finally got a game worthy of the sport.

I dont even know how you guys are comparing the 2 since they are completely different in nature.

I think both games will be very solid and extremely fun to play.

Played the demo yesterday and I'll probably stick with 3. It doesn't seem like a huge leap forward and the HUD actually makes it feel like a step backward. Wasn't the whole point of the next gen Fight Night to make you actually pay attention to the fight instead of just using a HUD?

[quote name='depascal22']Played the demo yesterday and I'll probably stick with 3. It doesn't seem like a huge leap forward and the HUD actually makes it feel like a step backward. Wasn't the whole point of the next gen Fight Night to make you actually pay attention to the fight instead of just using a HUD?[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm talking about. I would've been fine with some minor improvements to FNR3 and some additional modes or something. Seems like they fixed something that wasn't broken.

Hmmm. Now that you mention it, I agree. I dont know why there was a hud...I am sure you can take that off though.

I plan on gameflying this anyway so I guess its not a big deal.

[quote name='Scorch']Yes. Demo works fine, you're just being impatient. It's probably better if you don't play the demo, though. After playing UFC, FNR4 is pretty bad.[/QUOTE]

I guess I am impatient....I let it sit at the title screen for over a minute...how long does it take?

WOW. Interest seems to be at an all time low.

GameCrazy should be same-day shipping this title and have it in stores tomorrow afternoon.

Well, UFC is a decent fighting game in comparison. I was previously a Fight Night fan but even with the graphical and physics improvements the demo feels clunky, ala rock-em sock-em robots. I'll rent it due to being a boxing fan but the game play does not feel like a new experience. There are also documented issues from the demo that different punch combinations really don't matter in comparison to just throwing hay-makers.

bread's done
Back