Fight Sticks for Street Fighter

maynemayne2000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I want to get a fight stick for super street fighter 4, but im not sure which fight stick to get, the street fighter 4 one is apparently bad. and the tournament edition is just so expensive i would rather not pay that much

Are there any fight sticks from other games that will work and that aren't so expensive? How is the street fighter 4 regular fight stick is it as bad as its been said? is the tournament edition worth it?

all thoughts appreciated :)

most sticks can be good if you swap out the parts for semitsu or sanwa parts (latter being what the TE uses)

If you arent into mdding a stick, Id say your best bet would be to save up till you can get one. I lucked out and got my TE in a trade here

The MadCatz Standard Edition stick isn't terrible, but it will most likely need to be modded within a couple of months because the buttons are not made of the same Sanwa quality as the Tournament Edition stick.

You could try to use the wireless fight stick from the Tekken 6 bundle, but in all honesty you'd be wasting your time. The Tournament Edition stick is really the way to go, you can usually find the first editions for cheaper since so many other rounds have come out.

It really depends on how serious you are about fighting games. The SE or Tekken 6 or one of the Hori fight sticks would do fine for most casual players. If however you want the best without modding then watch the Amazon Warehouse deals. I got my TE 1 for 80 bucks just after xmas. The reason I got my TE was for some ps3 fighters but mostly emulators on my pc. :)

[quote name='kurrptsenate']most sticks can be good if you swap out the parts for semitsu or sanwa parts (latter being what the TE uses)

If you arent into mdding a stick, Id say your best bet would be to save up till you can get one. I lucked out and got my TE in a trade here[/QUOTE]

I'll look into to it more when i get off work, since i cant watch videos on this winterm. is it hard to do? or expensive to do when the time comes? because the regular fight stick is $50 on amazon, and if the parts are cheap i might go that route.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']It really depends on how serious you are about fighting games. The SE or Tekken 6 or one of the Hori fight sticks would do fine for most casual players. If however you want the best without modding then watch the Amazon Warehouse deals. I got my TE 1 for 80 bucks just after xmas. The reason I got my TE was for some ps3 fighters but mostly emulators on my pc. :)[/QUOTE]

ill keep my eye out for it. its not really that 150$ is too expensive, its just id rather buy more games with 150$ than spend it on an accessory, but 50-80 would be really great ! thank you for the help!!

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']The MadCatz Standard Edition stick isn't terrible, but it will most likely need to be modded within a couple of months because the buttons are not made of the same Sanwa quality as the Tournament Edition stick.

You could try to use the wireless fight stick from the Tekken 6 bundle, but in all honesty you'd be wasting your time. The Tournament Edition stick is really the way to go, you can usually find the first editions for cheaper since so many other rounds have come out.[/QUOTE]

how long do you think i would have before i need to mod the stick? id be willing to mod if it lasts long enough without and the parts are cheap :D

Short answer: Get either the Madcatz TE or the Hori HRAP3SA.

They both have the same innards (all Sanwa), but I recommend The Hori's more "bang for the buck", because it works with PS1/2 games on BC PS3s, so you can use it for a LOT more games, therefor making its price easier to swallow. Obviously, this point is moot if you have a 360.

Getting a "cheap" stick and then modding it, is debatable as depending on what all you are replacing, it can cost almost the same as just getting the TE/HRAP3 in the first place without any of the work/trouble in modding.

I was on the fence for many years and tried many sticks, before I got my HRAP3SA, and my only regret is that I wish I would have bought it (or any other pro-arcade stick) earlier. :)

PS. If you are used to US arcade sticks, there are a couple minor alterations you may want to do to either stick, but that is a whole other topic...

bread's done
Back