Fighting Game Thread 8 went so deep, so deep, put that ass to sleep

[quote name='ninja dog']I saw a P.O.W. machine at a hotel recently. That game rules.

on topic-- aren't Ralf and Clark supposed to be characters from P.O.W.?[/QUOTE]

Nah, breh. I think they're from Ikari Warriors.

Marvel: Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Mr Fantastic, Captain America, Iron Man, War Machine (alternate Iron Man outfit) Elektra, Thor, X-23, Magneto, Dr Doom, Shuma-Gorath, Emma Frost, Deadpool, Super Skrull, Taskmaster, Juggernaut, She-Hulk

Capcom: Ryu, Mike Haggar, Frank West, Chuck (alternate Frank West outfit), Spencer (Bionic Commando), Dante, Chris, Morrigan, Arthur, Amaterasu , Albert Wesker, Zero, Chun-li, Viewtiful Joe, Trish, Tron Bonne, Hsien-Ko, Akuma, Felicia

highlights = huge nerd boner

please be accurate -_-U

I'm holding off on fighting games until MVC3. Anyone know if a deluxe edition with a fighting stick will be released? Whats the releases date?

I'll probably pick up BB:CS for PS3. I really liked the first game, but never put too much time into it because SFIV dropped.

Also the game comes out like 2 days after my birthday, so maybe I'll put it on my wishlist?

[quote name='Rodimus']GG last night Monsta. I was so tired but didn't want to stop.[/QUOTE]

Me to though to be fair I isually go to bed at 4am lol. My wife woke up for work and was like WTF is going on?

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Me to though to be fair I isually go to bed at 4am lol. My wife woke up for work and was like WTF is going on?[/QUOTE]

I saved a few of those replays. There were some good matches in there. Nice Fei Long by the way.

street-fighter-cast.jpg

e honda and guile FTW!

[quote name='Rodimus']I saved a few of those replays. There were some good matches in there. Nice Fei Long by the way.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to be more impressive with my dan but thanks :) Just played my friend and went like 4-30+ which will hamper the record a bit heh. Too much Call of Duty makes me worst at fighting games, that and owning so many other 360 games.

Wow @ Blazblue DLC. I guess I'll wait further for a price drop then and put that money towards the DLC.

[quote name='Chacrana']I have such a tough time determining if Arc System Works is a Japanese company or a Jewish one.[/QUOTE]

That depends, do Jews like squirrels with underboob?

I'll probably get BBCS for 360 because I hate you guys, but we'll see. I will definitely give it a solid chance, but I really could not stand the balance in CT.

Q: What is the release date for BlazBlue CS?
A: The official release date is July 27, 2010

Q: How much will the game cost?
A: MSRP is $39.99.

Q: What is the region coding on BlazBlue CS Xbox 360 / PS3?
A: The PS3 version is region free. You can play the US version of BBCS 360 on a US/Asian Xbox 360 which means it will not play in a European or Japanese Xbox 360. Sorry :(

Q: Will there be a Limited Edition?
A: Short answer: No.
Long answer: We really did want to make a fantastical LE, but due to time constraints and production lead times, it just wasn't meant to be. Sure we could have slapped together some crappy branded merchandise and threw it in a box, but you guys deserve better than that. You’ll just have to live with buying the game for the paltry sum of $39.99.

Q: Will there be DLC characters?
A: Yes, indeedy! Makoto was just recently announced in this week’s Famitsu. Watch this space for updates to when she’ll be released and for future DLC characters. For you conspiracy theorists, Makoto is NOT on the BlazBlue: Continuum Shift disc nor are any of the future DLC characters, so you’re not just purchasing simple unlock code.

Q: What languages are in the game?
A: The US version will contain both English and Japanese voice overs. The Japanese version of BBCS will only have Japanese text and voices, except for battle call-outs, which will support English lines when playing against people playing the US version. Additional note: The Japanese version will not run on a non-Japanese 360.

Q: What new stuff is in the game?
A: - 3 new modes (in addition to all the modes from Calamity Trigger), Challenge Mode, Tutorial, Legion (sort of it was in the PSP version of the game)
- 3 new characters for the home console version (Hazama, Tsubaki, Mu-12)
- All-new story mode, with English voice-overs and cinematics
- Nu is back as an unlimited character.

Q: Will the game run in native 1080p?
A: No. The art and sprites are created at 720p resolution.

Q: Will the game modes from Calamity Trigger be returning?
A: Yes. All of them.

Q: Is Nu only Unlimited Nu?
A: Yes. Selecting the Unlimited version of Lambda selects Unlimited Nu.

Q: How will DLC character compatibility work?
A: On release day, an automatic patch will be released that adds Makoto to be played against, but not as (unless you buy the DLC, of course).

Q: How will the in-game unlockables be unlocked?
A: Just like in CT: by playing the game.

Q: Will DLC characters have theme music of their own?
A: We are unable to comment on this question at this time.

Q: Are Easy Specials still around?
A: Easy Specials are, technically, gone, replaced by "Beginner Mode". Beginner Mode is even simpler than Easy Specials--if such as thing can be. It's not that simple to explain, though, so that'll have to wait.

Q: Will Nu have a new story mode in CS?
A: No.

I have to say how this game has been handled so far as really bugged the hell outta me both by Arc and Aksys. 360 so far, maybe PS3 if I can get a LE.

Hmmm... never actually played Blue Ballz, but an updated version + budget price has me interested. I have always liked the look of the Guilty Gear games but all those meters always scared me away from really getting into them. I guess I'll keep tabs on BBCS and see if it looks like my kind of thing.

[quote name='MarkMan']Oh, RR not going to evo again.

This is such a surprise![/QUOTE]

... -_- you don't realize how much it bothers me honestly especially after enjoying everything that came of last year's evo. Srsly ur not helpin'

I am not in the US of A for the time being, but I will be trying my best to catch that EVO goodness on the streams.

Was trying to hunt down an arcade with a SF4 machine, or maybe even a SSF4 machine, and ended up finding one in some hip electronics district, but I was really shocked to find nobody playing!

But within like 2 minutes of me starting up a game, peeps started lining up for ACTION.
Frak, I had 2 of my friends at my back, and we were switching on and off rounds with Guile on vanilla SF4 and I had like the best time since high school. We were mostly winning too, and we started joking if the tick throws and air throws were going to piss the group on the other side off to the point of wanting to kick our butts for real.

Man, really brought back the good old days.

[quote name='distgfx']GGs to ya'll, sorry axc, I didn't see your message until after I quit SSFIV and you logged off.[/QUOTE]

It's all good.

I ended up playing a friend of a friend randomly in Endless Battle until like 2 in the morning? haha

[quote name='asianxcore']Rolento, I'll beat JEKKI to the punch...

That's old news :)[/QUOTE]

hey, at least I acknowledge my slowness. From here on out I'll just be a proud reposter.

That's the best one yet, Jekki. :lol:

GGs to AxC and trajin! Even though I didn't kill AxC with it, I still managed to get Akuma's U2 on both of ya'll. I just wish that my Ibuki wasn't playing so sloppily tonight.

bread's done
Back