Fighting Thread XXXVII - Say You Prayers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']after finally reading the EGM article, I am expecting to see this game bring back love for fighters.

I think it's going to turn out to be one of those titles that has a long following of even casual players, much like what Halo did. I think the gameplay mechanics and game itself can hold that to be true, but the online part will be truly what tests this theory. though I will say I know that capcom is building a brand new net code for this game that has yet to be used on any other titles (other than SFHDII) and is very specific to the game.[/QUOTE]

Hasn't SF always been pretty popular with "casual" players though? I think the same goes with Tekken and Soul Calibur.

I know a lot of people who aren't hardcore fighting game fans but love playing those 3 series casually.

[quote name='asianxcore']Hasn't SF always been pretty popular with "casual" players though? I think the same goes with Tekken and Soul Calibur.

I know a lot of people who aren't hardcore fighting game fans but love playing those 3 series casually.[/QUOTE]

it has been popular, but recently not "Halo" popular where everyone can easily toss their hat in the ring.

more badass...

99009900.jpg

99990009900.jpg

[quote name='asianxcore']Hasn't SF always been pretty popular with "casual" players though? I think the same goes with Tekken and Soul Calibur.

I know a lot of people who aren't hardcore fighting game fans but love playing those 3 series casually.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that SF has been hella popular since SFII Turbo. I don't know anyone other than some of my good friends who have played the Alpha series or any iteration of 3. Well, except for one Asian kid who had SF Anniversary, but I rocked the shit out of that son in 3S.

Third Strike seemed to get some backlash in the sfiv threads around here and on gaf. lots casuals bitching about parrying.

[quote name='Apossum']Third Strike seemed to get some backlash in the sfiv threads around here and on gaf. lots casuals bitching about parrying.[/QUOTE]

You guys make good points about SF. I guess I have always been around people who played SF (and fighting games) hardcore but also casually (recognizing the characters). I think a lot of people will pick up SFIV for the nostalgia though. As I mentioned many many threads ago, the whole "I remember playing that..." factor when talking about fighting games (to casuals) will always remain.

People bitch about parrying? Why? Everyone watches "the" Daigo vid from EVO and thinks that shit happens all the time. If anything I've seen parrying used sparingly in competitive matches. A couple months ago I was at a local arcade and watched this guy beast people with Necro. Most of the time he would parry when it would benefit him setting something up, not because he could.

Not everyone can parry and I actually like that it punishes mashers/fireball spammers.

If you don't understand parrying though, it comes off as being really, really cheap. Coz while yeah, we get it and the people in yo hood get it, the moron who just got done playing that NFL Street 2 that Blockbuster hooked him up with is gonna think that shit's cheap. Then he's gonna bitch about how it ain't Def Jam and he'd beat your ass if he had a turbo controller.

I want to see the game in motion, with life bars, like someone is playing it.
I need to see if Tira is as broken as she was in sc3.

[quote name='InuFaye']I want to see the game in motion, with life bars, like someone is playing it.
I need to see if Tira is as broken as she was in sc3.[/QUOTE]

tira broken? :lol: my ass. cassandra, now that stuff is fucked up.

:lol: love the "Long Paul" :)

I wanna see some Bryan Shotgun combos... also wondering what alot of the other characters have... mainly steve and kazuya and maybe kuma.

Do you guys know if KoF XI works on the PS3? I have a HDTV so most PS2 games lag on my PS2. Same question for NeoGeo Battle Coliseum.

I play Kof XI on my ps3 without any problems, but I don't have an HD tv since I'm a poor college student. But I might able to tell you in a couple days since I'm going back home for a bit and they have 2 hdtvs.

[quote name='suko_32']Thanks. If it works on the PS3 it's good enough as the PS3 pretty much eliminates lag for me.[/quote]

KOFXI works fine on the PS3. Otherwise I'd be pissed off (I have no PS2). Works nicely though.

Its a cool game, even though I really don't know what I'm doing.

Rolento - it really is that good, I was never HUGE on KoF either but that game just blows my mind. absolutely love it. prefer it over even 98.

suko - what version PS3? I'm 99% sure it will work on the 20 or 60.

Ah, sorry. Forgot to mention it's the 80GB version.

Edit: Decided not to be lazy and searched, and it seems KOF XI works on the 80GB. No word yet on Neogeo Battle Coliseum.

What's up Fighting Thread? Normally I just lurk in here and before I go any further I wanna say you guys rawk.

I know a few of you picked up "NeoGeo Battle Coliseum" (SNK Engrish FTW) and mine arrived today. I popped it in and about 5 minutes popped KoF XI back in because the lag was unbearable. I was wondering if any of your guys were experiencing lag while playing the game. I'm just about ready to fire up a later and perhaps if this is widespread enough we might see action similar to Card Fighters Clash. I just wanted to know if any of you guys were experiencing trouble with your games.

what do you mean by "lag?" Is it slowdown that happens during the matches, or is it the whole "rounds take 20 seconds to load" thing?

[quote name='jimfoley16']Rolento - it really is that good, I was never HUGE on KoF either but that game just blows my mind. absolutely love it. prefer it over even 98.
[/QUOTE]

I take your word strongly on that one since you say it's better than 98 (and the fact that you are Jim Foley >_< ), so now it's a must for me... I'll probably pick it up early next week.

on a strange note for people in japan that had bugged copies of GGXXAC, there's a new version comming out:

GGXXAC Plus

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I take your word strongly on that one since you say it's better than 98 (and the fact that you are Jim Foley >_< ), so now it's a must for me... I'll probably pick it up early next week.

on a strange note for people in japan that had bugged copies of GGXXAC, there's a new version comming out:

GGXXAC Plus[/QUOTE]

;)

You won't be disappointed. It's sooooo good! And at fifteen dollars you'd be a damn fool not to pick it up. Looking forward to playing something on Live with you (and Chac, and everyone else from this thread) as soon as I get my system back, which hopefully will be Monday or Tuesday.

[quote name='jimfoley16'];)

You won't be disappointed. It's sooooo good! And at fifteen dollars you'd be a damn fool not to pick it up. Looking forward to playing something on Live with you (and Chac, and everyone else from this thread) as soon as I get my system back, which hopefully will be Monday or Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

UMK3 maybe? I sold my halo 3 since I was barely playing it... oh, and no more GoW either :lol:

my 360 collection has thinned out, but my XBLA collection will never bore me.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']UMK3 maybe? I sold my halo 3 since I was barely playing it... oh, and no more GoW either :lol:

my 360 collection has thinned out, but my XBLA collection will never bore me.[/QUOTE]

Aight we'll play some XBLA games. Uno and UMK3 seem promising, with maybe some TMNT Arcade thrown in.

[quote name='Chacrana']what do you mean by "lag?" Is it slowdown that happens during the matches, or is it the whole "rounds take 20 seconds to load" thing?[/QUOTE]

The game slows down randomly during an actual match. I felt it just unplayable. Out of 4 matches that I played, the game got choppy in each one. :( I haven't touched it since.

Holy shit, SNKPUSA truly is the most useless dev. on the planet. I haven't picked up the US version yet, but if everyone's experiencing that problem... wow.

And KOF XI doesn't have 480p in the US one. Good thing I still have my Jappo copy.

[quote name='Chacrana']Holy shit, SNKPUSA truly is the most useless dev. on the planet. I haven't picked up the US version yet, but if everyone's experiencing that problem... wow.

And KOF XI doesn't have 480p in the US one. Good thing I still have my Jappo copy.[/QUOTE]

I agree that does suck. My Japanese copy of NGBC only has the long load times before matches. I never had a problem with in game slowdown of any kind.

Glad I kept my Japanese copies of NGBC and KOFXI. I am glad though that people are finally getting a chance to play these games in the U.S. Even though (as you mentioned) SNKPUSA is completely worthless.

Rolento, you sold Gears? I thought I was the only one in here that did that :) I started to play a lot of ranked matches, but the online community for that game got on my nerves. "$$$$A YOU GARBAGE"

Yeah, I sold off my copy of Gears too. Got the PC version now and I like it a lot better, even though I can't play any CAGs now :(

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']semi fighter news:

Senko no Ronde 2 is coming to arcades.[/QUOTE]

Wonder if that one will get released on 360 in America ;)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']semi fighter news:

Senko no Ronde 2 is coming to arcades.[/QUOTE]

The controls killed the first one for me. So... I dunno how I feel about it. Probably indifferent.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Wonder if that one will get released on 360 in America ;)[/quote]
Even though nobody bought the first one, I hope it does. Or at least a region free release. I actually liked it.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, I sold off my copy of Gears too. Got the PC version now and I like it a lot better, even though I can't play any CAGs now :([/QUOTE]

Is it worth buying again for the extra levels (aka fighting the Brumak)?

Also can you use a 360 wired controller to play it on PC?

I really liked Senko No Ronde. The final bosses for each character in story mode were brutal. Then again I completely suck at shmups so that doesn't help.

Anyone want to buy a PS2/JAP copy of Psyvariar? :)

[quote name='asianxcore']Is it worth buying again for the extra levels (aka fighting the Brumak)?

Also can you use a 360 wired controller to play it on PC?

I really liked Senko No Ronde. The final bosses for each character in story mode were brutal. Then again I completely suck at shmups so that doesn't help.

Anyone want to buy a PS2/JAP copy of Psyvariar? :)[/QUOTE]

hmm... I haven't gotten to the extra content yet, but from what I'm hearing, it's worth upgrading, but probably not at $50. It sure is purdy, though. And yeah, you can use a 360 controller. Just plug it in and it'll configure itself automatically to be exactly like the 360 version's controls.

I really liked the added levels in GoW PC. They fleshed out that part of the game, and are fun. They don't redefine the game, but add to it nicely.

Also, boo to SNKP shitting on its fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back