Fighting Thread XXXVII - Say You Prayers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went to EB to pick up KoFXI before I went to see I am Legend and the guy tells me he sold the last copy... oh well. I'll have to wait a little longer, but I'm in no hurry.

also random pic:

video2.gif

got damn man... the Ranbato season for SoCal Accent Core is finished and look at these prizes!!

1st place - Eiji; 14 points + $500
2nd place - Ken I; 11 points + $300
3rd place - Hellmonkey; 9 points + $150

fukkin rich orange county kids man... I dont even make that much to support my life lol!

NGBC arrived today. I messed around with it for about an hour and everything felt okay.

I was playing it on a PS3 through HDMI on a Plasma TV with one of the PS2 Sega Saturn pads. It feels overly sensitive compared to KOF XI on the same setup (I was accidently jumping a couple times a fight) but I didn't notice any slowdown. That being said, I had never played NGBC before today so I might not know what to look for.

How were the load times? The Jap version had like... 20-30 seconds worth of loading before a match which really hurt the game overall. Also, does the game support 480p?

[quote name='torifile']What is the point of all these "Fighting Threads"? I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

To discuss bewbs and Rolento's sexuality.

It used to be to set-up Gears of War matches.

Loading was quick. Perhaps a bit slower than either the US or JP versions of KOF XI but nothing near 20-30 seconds. It was fast enough that it's not a distraction at all.

As far as Progressive scan, I don't think so. I did the same thing here that I did a couple days ago to play RE4 in 480p and there was no prompt asking me about switching it to progressive scan mode.

[quote name='Halo05']Loading was quick. Perhaps a bit slower than either the US or JP versions of KOF XI but nothing near 20-30 seconds. It was fast enough that it's not a distraction at all.

As far as Progressive scan, I don't think so. I did the same thing here that I did a couple days ago to play RE4 in 480p and there was no prompt asking me about switching it to progressive scan mode.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... well, I can deal with no Progressive Scan if the load times are fixed. Thanks for that info... it's definitely promising.

I'll pick this up now, especially since I already sold my Japanese one. Worst case scenario, I'll reimport the Jap one...

^^^This guy slayed my loli at Melty Blood

DAHHHHHHH DAHHHHHH DAYYYYYYYYY DOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH

[quote name='kristianator']beastly makoto player[/QUOTE]

Nice. I suck at 3S but I like watching people play as non-Shoto characters.

You going to stick to Elena in the tournament that Dan was talking about on SRK?

Who is setting that up? Is it just you and Dan running the entire thing? I'll be in Michigan starting tomorrow and I won't be back for over 2 weeks. I'll definitely sign up for CVS2 and GGXX Slash if you guys are running those 2 games.

Also Dan mentioned that you guys were considering adding Hokuto No Ken to the list of games at the tournament. Were there any people asking for it that weren't myself, Ken or Wen?

Yeah, the loading times in NGBC were noticable but not terrible in anyway. The loading screen just brings your attention to it. I tried it again since the first time and I didn't notice any slowdown the second time. Not sure if it had anything to with the fact that I just did 1 player stuff the second and I went straight to versus the first time I played it.

[quote name='asianxcore']Nice. I suck at 3S but I like watching people play as non-Shoto characters.

You going to stick to Elena in the tournament that Dan was talking about on SRK?

Who is setting that up? Is it just you and Dan running the entire thing? I'll be in Michigan starting tomorrow and I won't be back for over 2 weeks. I'll definitely sign up for CVS2 and GGXX Slash if you guys are running those 2 games.

Also Dan mentioned that you guys were considering adding Hokuto No Ken to the list of games at the tournament. Were there any people asking for it that weren't myself, Ken or Wen?[/QUOTE]

yeah.. elena all the way through

and it's all daniel. i didn't even know a tourney was going through.

i don't think anyone's gonna be playing hokuto no ken..

It's typically stupidity on SNKPUSA's part... I guess I shouldn't be surprised. But, eh... whatever... if the load times on NGBC are fixed, I'll buy the port no matter how lazy SNKPUSA is.

With KOFXI though, I have no incentive to replace the Japanese copy I have. Thank God I didn't sell it.

I really have to remember to pick up the Japanese version of Metal Slug Anthology, too. SNKPUSA fucked that one up with the input lag on the PS2 version, but that's been fixed for the Japanese version, as far as I know.

Honestly, I don't think SNKPUSA deserves to survive as a business. They're a piece of shit and they're run by fucking idiots. In all seriousness, I hope they go out of business.

[quote name='kristianator']yeah.. elena all the way through

and it's all daniel. i didn't even know a tourney was going through.

i don't think anyone's gonna be playing hokuto no ken..[/QUOTE]

Oh well. I should be free on that weekend, so I'll probably enter.

Also I think it'll be a given that I might be the only Dizzy player in the XX Slash tourney (aka Sol/Ky ho's)

[quote name='guido_anchovy_9']Yeah, the loading times in NGBC were noticable but not terrible in anyway. The loading screen just brings your attention to it.[/QUOTE]
The load times are about even on my 6 year old PS2 and my 9 month old PS3; about 6 seconds. That's a big improvement over the Japanese version.

Happy Holidays to my fighting game friends... hope you guys have a good one.

I've been way too busy lately, but I pop in still everyday... :)

Be safe!

Happy Holidays, MarkMan. Don't work too hard. You gotta rest sometime. Plus, you don't want your fighting skillz to dull. ;)

I think it's time for some Vampire Savior.

happy Kwanzaa and 3 Kings... yeah I said it >_<

...but you get the gist.

as for fighting... I still say the general discussion thread is pulling the steam power from this thread... fuckers ;)

also, now that I have a Wii, are there any GC fighting games I should pick up? :lol:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPQpVwou-Bc[/media]

and yes, just a japanese guy taking in a fight.

Eh, I dunno. Didn't SvC come out junk on GCN? I don't have any fighters for that system or Wii for that matter.

[quote name='Old Rasputin']Happy Holidays Markman, please suck my balls and remeber me if you become famous outside the CAG fighter thread. :lol:[/QUOTE]

he'll remember you, as the guy with 4 penises in his mouth covered in enough jizz to feed an orphanage.

wow, what a positive reply :)

hmmm, MK Armageddon sounds like a very stupid Wii purchase just to see how horrible to wii controls are.

[quote name='Old Rasputin']No need to talk that way. We're all adults here. Perhaps you're not mature enough.[/QUOTE]

I can agree with you there. Then again, I do put paste in my eyes and wash puppies in cabbage powder.

I never forget retards that share a name with fighting game characters... it must be the geek inside of me...

I won't lose my fighting game skills! I'm playing fighting games whenever I get a chance/not doing anything at work lolol...

Weekend is here! How is your Christmas shopping going? I'm at 0%!!!

GO FOR BROKE!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I can agree with you there. Then again, I do put paste in my eyes and wash puppies in cabbage powder.[/QUOTE]

I don't get it..... I can do a back filp, can you?

man... MM you reminded me of my favorite fighting game MC in SFA3... I love that "COME ON STAND UP, GO FOR BROKE!"

i don't know what to think about the sound in tekken 6. the soundtrack is very below the standard of tekken 5/dr and, as probably the best way put by someone on Tekken Zaibatsu, the announcer/MC sounds like he dosn't want to be there and has beter things to do. oh well... good game otherwise.

oh and chacrana, you're coming to miami. no contest. we can finally have that pinata party you always dreamed of.

I got Neo Geo BC earlier this week, but I havent had a chance to pop it in yet. Today when I checked my mailbox, Melty Blood Act Cadenza is starin me in the face.

So now I have two new 2D Fighters to play, 7-8 beers in the fridge, and the rest of Saturday afternoon in front of me. I think its time to dust off the HRAP stick...

:joystick: +:beer: = :mrgreen:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']man... MM you reminded me of my favorite fighting game MC in SFA3... I love that "COME ON STAND UP, GO FOR BROKE!"

i don't know what to think about the sound in tekken 6. the soundtrack is very below the standard of tekken 5/dr and, as probably the best way put by someone on Tekken Zaibatsu, the announcer/MC sounds like he dosn't want to be there and has beter things to do. oh well... good game otherwise.

oh and chacrana, you're coming to miami. no contest. we can finally have that pinata party you always dreamed of.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if I'd be able to go to Miami since I don't actually have a car or nuttin. Well, there's my dad's car there, but I'm prolly not gonna be able to take that shit to Miami.

The sound for Tekken 6 though... is the music as bad as the shit in Tekken Tag? Because that shit was turrble

TTT wasn't that bad really... tekken is just so all over the place it's hard to like.

oh and foley, you're welcome anytime in miami. if it's either for the women or the beach, lmk ahead of time and i'll work shit out.

Being away from fighting games for the last 4 days is rough. I thought about bringing at least my PS2 to Michigan with me, but scratched the idea in the end.

I roamed around the SRK boards and outside of in-house get togethers, the "main" fighting game arcades in Michigan are all dead. Bummer.

In response to MarkMan's question, I haven't done most of my X-mas shopping. The only gift I've bought are HD-DVD's for my stepdad. My girlfriend and friends know I'll get their gifts when I get back from my trip.

Oh and Happy Holidays to everyone the FG thread.

What are the chances of seeing Tekken 6 on the 360?

Foley, come on down to Miami. Rolento, you and myself could hold a Fighter Fiesta.

Happy Holidays to the entire Fighting game thread. Haven't been online much to talk fighters. But it's good to see the fort is still up.

RD: There is a chance, but it's not that high as of right now. Really the console releases are going to totally depend on how well Tekken 6 does in the arcades. In the US it's going to do shitty as usual. You'll be lucky to see an American version of the game. But Namco's waiting to see how it does in Korea/Japan/and other Asia regions.

But I really hope it does come out on 360. Even if it is based on PS3 hardware, I'm sure they can dumb down the graphic engine a tad and make the game system playable on the 360.

The more exposure for my favorite series the better :p !

But yea, expect console news on Tekken 6 in March.

tekken 6 would be nice to see on 360, but when i get it myself i'd have to go with the ps3 version due to controls and the weirdness of it not being on only a sony console.

i can see it happening partially also based off of sales of Soul Calibur IV. if that sells very well on both 360 and ps3, the pull for tekken would probably happen.

also, don't know if i got around to it, but happy holidays everyone. hope your days are filled with dragon punches and atomic busters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back