Fighting Thread XXXVII - Say You Prayers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jimfoley16']lol exactly what i was thinking[/QUOTE]

ahhh, and most importantly, no camel toe! Rolento and Chac like trannies confirmed.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Quick question: Can a 60 gig PS3 play Imports PS2 titles?[/QUOTE]

nope. PS1 and PS2 games are region locked.

[quote name='Apossum']nope. PS1 and PS2 games are region locked.[/QUOTE]

They should just release a patch that allows it. That way I can get rid of my flip-top PS2 and have one less system taking up space.

I would assume music game lovers, RPG freaks and fighting game nerds are the only people who import anyway.

[quote name='Apossum']nope. PS1 and PS2 games are region locked.[/quote]

Well that sucks Chun Li trany-balls. Thanks anyways.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the site's getting so bogged down it wont let me watch the damn thing... fuck.[/quote]

God damn, serious. I just want to watch the stupid thing.. I can't even get the download link to work.

[quote name='asianxcore']They should just release a patch that allows it. That way I can get rid of my flip-top PS2 and have one less system taking up space.

I would assume music game lovers, RPG freaks and fighting game nerds are the only people who import anyway.[/QUOTE]

They should. I would pay money for it. don't they want money?

SFIV looks good. heavy steroid usage is evident, goofy faces. the gameplay looks fun and fast, even at this early stage. I like the sound of the offensive/defensive meters...only thing that really had me raising an eyebrow was the online play--I can't think of any amicable solution that would balance out play so that noobs and good players could play each other peacefully.

[quote name='Apossum']They should. I would pay money for it. don't they want money?[/QUOTE]

Sounds crazy but it could work right?

Hell people bitch now about paying $59.99 for a next gen game. I doubt many people (outside of the hardcore fans of the genres I mentioned) would rush out to order import PS2 games costing upwards to $65-70 before shipping.

SFIV footage looked good. To be honest it's hard NOT to think about the SF EX series when watching that footage (even though I know a 2-D play style will be kept). It's also, as many have mentioned, far from being done so I'll reserve how I really feel until then.

Damn. I really just want to play the final version already :)

having read the article, i've gotta say it was like 8 pages of information that could've been condensed into 2. there was a whole lot of nothing said in it.

it also kind of sucked that while the kevin smith dude in the video was trying to explain dash cancelling with the saving system, the footage being shown simultaneously didn't seem to be that at all. i might be mistaken, but that ken was just doing a shoryureppa.

oh well. with that, does egm STILL have exclusive on sf4? it's just a whole lot of filler from them when it feels like there's a lot more not being researched/reported..

[quote name='Apossum']ahhh, and most importantly, no camel toe! Rolento and Chac like trannies confirmed.[/QUOTE]

Well I would offer Poison my antidote.

nenga2008_03.jpg
nenga2008_01.jpg

nenga2008_04.jpg
nenga2008_02.jpg

nenga2008_06.jpg

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: the entire thing had great moments and why the fuck does cammy sound Australian.?[/quote]

Producers might have been thinking about Kylie Minogue and the SF movie.

[quote name='gunm']Producers might have been thinking about Kylie Minogue and the SF movie.[/QUOTE]

Then why leave out Jean Claude's accent on Guile? Not american enough?

The gameplay in the SFIV videos looks exciting and I can't wait to try it. I just hope the camera stays just a tad more static than what it appeared in the video. I remember them mentioning that they were just showing off all different camera angles for show and it would stay more static. If it does stay like videos though, I suppose I could grow to get used to it. Who knows, it might be to compensate for lag in on-line play or something?

Also, awesome job on the Sakura-Guile clip, Jekki! :)

So this is a random question.

Does anyone know if the Japanese release of SF3 - 3S on PS2 supports progressive scan? I don't think the US version of SF Anniversary does but I'm holding out hope that it got randomly pulled from the US version.

I checked Wikipedia and it doesn't mention anything about it supporting 480p. At the same time, their list doesn't mention SFA Anthology having progressive scan but it does, I just checked with my copy.

EDIT - It doesn't. Bummer.

[quote name='Logg']I just googled and list of Teirs for VF5 and the first one was

http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=178282

With MarkMan dude is worldwide[/quote]
I like to dabble in things here and there... :)

I have other aliases online but I've been pretty good at keeping those under wraps... lolol.

My FIGHTING GAME FRIENDS!

Happy New Year!

Oh and I got this today!

2153407586_14d6010f18.jpg

!

If you guys haven't seen... The lineup for Tougeki 2008/Super Battle Opera 6 have been announced... A suprising comeback from.............. HOKUTO NO KEN!

Here's the list:

[quote name='SDTEKKEN.COM']
  • Tougeki 2007 - Super Battle Opera Game List:
  • Arcana Heart 2 - 1 VS 1
  • Guilty Gear XX Accent Core - 3 VS 3
  • The King of Fighters ‘98 Ultimate Match - 1 VS 1
  • Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - 3 VS 3
  • Super Street Fighter II TURBO - 2 VS 2
  • Tekken 6 - 3 VS 3
  • Virtua Fighter 5 Ver. C - 3 VS 3
  • Hokuto No Ken - 1 VS 1
  • Melty Blood Actress Again - 2 VS 2
[/quote]

Happy New Years, guys!

May the next year be full of kick ass fighting games (TEKKEN 6/Soul Calibur 4 WAIYAH!!!)

[quote name='SilverPaw750']I bought KOF XI and NGBC earlier this week.

Which one shall I play first?[/QUOTE]

King of Fighters XI is definitely the better game. I love both, but KOF XI is one of the best fighting games I've ever played.

I was just wondering if any of you might have suggestions for a decent arcade joystick, something like the custom ones made by X-Arcade or Arcade in a Box. I don't like the Japanese style Sanwa sticks.

Anyone have any experiences with either X-Arcade or AiaB? I'm a fighting game afficionado and I just can't play a fighter without a joystick, preferably an arcade quality one.

Are there any other reasonable options besides these two joystick companies, assuming they are crap. (IGN gave both very high scores.)

I find that a few people really like the Street Fighter Anniversary stick, despite being made with imitation parts. Of course a lot of people hate it as well.

DevilJim, the Soul Calibur(and I guess Tekken) player, bought one a long time ago after trying the one I had.

The regular X-Arcade is garbage in my opinion... Unless it's the HAPP Modded ones.. those are decent but still, I just don't like them...

The best US style arcade sticks IMO are the Nubytech Happ Modded SF Anniversary stick and MAS Systems arcade sticks...

And just like IGN's game reviews... take their arcade stick reviews lightly...

wow... sweet customs MM... please post more if you find em or can scan em!

every custom so far I've seen in T6 beats T5/DR like crazy. I love the trench coat for dragunov.

I had a great new years. saw some family I messed for ages.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']MAS sticks are great. They use HAPP parts. I like them and I thought about ordering one, until I decided to make my own.

http://www.massystems.com/ProStick.html

I might order a mini Pro Stick sometime. I want a smaller stick than my huge custom monster, and I don't have a good selection of tools to use.[/quote]

I don't see anything on their site about warranty. Do they offer a lifetime warranty? Also, don't see anything that specifically says it supports Xbox 360.

Pretty sure this was brought up a while ago but... eh, whatever. Is Big Bang Beat worth picking up? Saw some videos of it and it looks legit, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back