Fighting Thread XXXVII - Say You Prayers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
man I saw one of the most bizarre thing today:

I mean, where I saw it was weird enough... plus the game itself is hella out of place...

but what the hell is that?!?!?! lol

[quote name='mike.m']Hmm thats the only problem I might have. 6 months is okay, but I actually had a MAS stick way back in the day for PS1 and it ended up having problems.[/QUOTE]
That's why I like my custom stick. If a button gets shitty, I can replace it easily. I had to take it apart once because the circle button stopped working because the wire came off of the PCB. I resoldered it and now it's fine. My soldering skills suck though.

I had an original X-Arcade back in the day and it definitely wasn't the best experience. The money would have been better spent investing in something else.

Also, I'm looking forward to see KoF'98 UM at SBO. :)

[quote name='hankmecrankme']That's why I like my custom stick. If a button gets shitty, I can replace it easily. I had to take it apart once because the circle button stopped working because the wire came off of the PCB. I resoldered it and now it's fine. My soldering skills suck though.[/quote]

Well I don't really have the custom stick option. I can do things like replace switches and resolder wires, but if the whole thing goes tits up, I'd like some options past 6 months. Its a lot of money to be able to play my SF games with a joystick. :)

A couple of you might appreciate this, if you haven't seen already:

max04098.jpg

Max Factory Brigitte!

[quote name='gunm']A couple of you might appreciate this, if you haven't seen already:

max04098.jpg

Max Factory Brigitte!
[/quote]

They don't like hotlinking.

[quote name='JEKKI']man I saw one of the most bizarre thing today:

I mean, where I saw it was weird enough... plus the game itself is hella out of place...

but what the hell is that?!?!?! lol[/QUOTE]

That machine is gorgeous.

KOF XI + H2H cabs= WIN

WTF! Dude that was taken from our arcade in San Diego... That originally was Derby Stallion, the horse racing game... lolol... We have like 3 of those conversions in SD...

I have some SF4 news... :)

Look forward to some exclusive SF4 themed controller to be unveiled soon...

Opened up KOFXI and NGBC tonight...both seem pretty cool, though I prefer KOFXI so far. Anyhow, I've noticed that with the addition of these two, I now own 5 King of Fighters games.

King of Fighters 2002
King of Fighters 2003
King of Fighters Neowave
King of Fighters XI
King of Fighters 2006

Anyways, I'm thinking of getting rid of 2002&2003 since they're a bit redundant - Neowave is a refinement of 2002's mechanics and XI is a refinement of 2003's mechanics. Or should I get rid of Neowave?

Input is appreciated.
And I'm not getting rid of 2006, it's one of my favorites (believe it!)

Also, can anyone point me to any good tutorials for getting started in KOF XI? I'm not quite sure how to build effective combos utilizing the character tagging feature, or whatnot.

Neowave is almost universally considered to be worse than 2002... personally, I got rid of both 2002/2003 and Neowave, though. I'd much rather have XI than 03, and I prefer 98 to 02.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Anyways, I'm thinking of getting rid of 2002&2003 since they're a bit redundant - Neowave is a refinement of 2002's mechanics and XI is a refinement of 2003's mechanics. Or should I get rid of Neowave?[/QUOTE]

I think KOF 2K2 is better than Neowave just cause it's got more characters and moves. If you're gonna get rid of one I'd let Neowave go.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I still need to pick up KoFXI... fuck. I'm too hung up on finishing my Wii crap.[/quote]

You better get it while it's still 10 bones at Best Buy.

I really like VF5 I have started using Brad. I pretty much suck, but between Rock Band, VF5 and CoD4 I had a great XMAS for games.

[quote name='Logg']I really like VF5 I have started using Brad. I pretty much suck, but between Rock Band, VF5 and CoD4 I had a great XMAS for games.[/QUOTE]

I still love how insanely shallow Brad sounds 90% of the time.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I still love how insanely shallow Brad sounds 90% of the time.[/quote]

Virtua Fighter should be renamed:

THE BRAD SHOW

Ass, there isn't much of a chance it'll be released Stateside, eh?
It would allow me to sell both 2002 and Neowave without really missing out.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Ass, there isn't much of a chance it'll be released Stateside, eh?
It would allow me to sell both 2002 and Neowave without really missing out.[/QUOTE]

Import my brother.

totally off topic, but whoever has a Wii here, can you add me to your friends list/codes? I pretty much added everyone on the fighter thread and am lacking people.

Any import fighters on the horizon that I should be looking out for? I think Fatal Fury Battle Archive 2 is out in Japan already.

[quote name='MadFlava']Any import fighters on the horizon that I should be looking out for? I think Fatal Fury Battle Archive 2 is out in Japan already.[/quote]

FF Battle Archive's Vol. 2 has been out for almost a year. I think KOF 98' UM is supposed to be out soon. I thought it was supposed to be November 07 but that proved to be untrue so I'm not 100% sure when we'll see it. If you're into World Heroes it's collection is out in Japan for the PS2 and we should see it possibly in Febuary. Can't think of anything else at the moment, I'm probably missing something.

Well there's GG Accent Core Plus... uhm... the SNK Arcade Collection (though that's coming to the US)... the Kizuna Encounter collection is already out... there's the Samurai Shodown collection that's also headed to the US... other than that stuff and KOF 98, I don't think there's anything coming in the near future.

Hokuto No Ken should be getting a "bargain" price re-release in 08' (in Japan) I believe. Fun game.

I'm still waiting to see if Japan will sack up and release Battle Fantasia on PS3.

[quote name='asianxcore']Hokuto No Ken should be getting a "bargain" price re-release in 08' (in Japan) I believe. Fun game.

I'm still waiting to see if Japan will sack up and release Battle Fantasia on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously. Battle Fantasia's the one I've been waiting for.

So, what fighters has everyone been playing? I've played Melty Blood and Virtua Fighter 5 lately, and have neglected KOF XI and Neogeo BC. I'll get to those two sometime soon.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']So, what fighters has everyone been playing? I've played Melty Blood and Virtua Fighter 5 lately, and have neglected KOF XI and Neogeo BC. I'll get to those two sometime soon.[/QUOTE]

None :(

Haven't been playing many games cause of the Live outtage. Playing a bit of Ghost Squad (awesome game). Probably gonna play some KoFXI tonight with my brothers cause my oldest bro just got the US version

To PS3 owners in the Fighting Thread!

I like this game series called 'Ryu Ga Gotoku' also known as Yakuza...

soooooooooo.... Ryu Ga Gotoku KENZAN! demo up on Japanese PSN now !~

Two demos...

839MB

&

964MB

! Go get it...

That must've just gone up. I checked out the JP PSN store like... I dunno, 90 minutes ago and from what I could tell the latest update was from December. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='MarkMan']To PS3 owners in the Fighting Thread!

I like this game series called 'Ryu Ga Gotoku' also known as Yakuza...

soooooooooo.... Ryu Ga Gotoku KENZAN! demo up on Japanese PSN now !~

Two demos...

839MB

&

964MB

! Go get it...[/QUOTE]

I can't download this right now. How'd you like it though? I think it's cool that they're setting this in the past rather than risking making the whole modern day setting stale, but ya never know how a Sega game will turn out.

That video was awesome Rolento. We have a dude like that at University Pinball. He acts out the fatalities in Mortal Kombat, and talks mad shit but is joking about it. Awesome guy. We call him the champ.

East Coast Philly where you at?!? :rofl:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

oh man... I have a new favorite video nobody should miss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA

I say this guy is related to or is JEKKI.[/QUOTE]man that's neither me nor my relative!!

go to a Marvel tournament, that's pretty much standard crowd commentary.

I think Ive posted videos before too... doods get mad high before hitting the arcades

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

oh man... I have a new favorite video nobody should miss:
[/QUOTE]

Yipes doing commentary= GOLD

As well as being a top Marvel player the dude has funny commentary. That Pringles comment had me laughing for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back