File planet subsciption glitch

Mad-B-Man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Don't know if this is old news or not, just found this out. Basically gets you a 12 month subsciption onfile planet for free.

I don't know if glitches are condoned on CAG or not, but I do recall the Overstock checkout glitch being a favourite of ours back then. Somepeople say it no longer works, but hey, doesn't hurt to try.

Taken from /v, and no, the rules do not exsist, GB2/gaia/.

"If you hate Fileplanet as much as I do, and wouldn't feel guilty about fucking them over for a free subscription, then follow these steps...

Step One - first step is to create a free basic Fileplanet subscription.

Step Two - Once you have activated your account login for the first time.

Step Three - Click the following link....
https://login.fileplanet.com/subscribe/start.aspx?spid=10206

Step Four - Fill out the first name , last name , country and zip code fields, leave all other fields blank. Click the checkbox that you agree to the TOS, and click next. You will then be taken to a server error page, this is normal.

Step Five - Go back to the main Fileplanet page, logout of your account, and then log back in, and volia! You are now a Fileplanet full subscriber for $0.00

Now start downloading BioShock, and enjoy!"

[quote name='joshythegreat18']Sorry if I'm being stupid, but where is the basic sign up? All I'm seeing are pay options.[/QUOTE]

Login.

So what day is the demo going to be up? If it runs ok on my PC I'll probably grab it at release...even though $50 for a PC game hurts.

[quote name='whoknows']So what day is the demo going to be up? If it runs ok on my PC I'll probably grab it at release...even though $50 for a PC game hurts.[/QUOTE]

its downloading for me now. Just download there d2m download manager and it lets you download with it right now.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']its downloading for me now. Just download there d2m download manager and it lets you download with it right now.[/QUOTE]
Will it let you install it and play it? I thought it said something about locking the demo

Other folks have said they got e-mails saying their fileplanet accounts were suspended for suspicious activity after doing that subscription link without putting in payment information.

I haven't yet, but I have a real fileplanet subscription because I keep forgetting to cancel it lol

My Bioshock download just stopped. Says no mirrors are available.

If this is the level of their service I'll never pay for it.

[quote name='whoknows']My Bioshock download just stopped. Says no mirrors are available.

If this is the level of their service I'll never pay for it.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me, glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem.

[quote name='Fragonard']Same.

Thanks OP.[/quote]

Hmm the installer says Access is denied. for me for the CoH beta, wonder why..

[quote name='chodax']Hmm the installer says Access is denied. for me for the CoH beta, wonder why..[/quote]

go read on the COH beta forums, its a problem happening to almost all Vista users.
it happened to me too, the way to fix it was to run administrative command prompt and run the installer through it.

I couldn't this to work. It keeps asking me for a promotional code. I made a new account and everything. Oh well. I will download the demo the old fashioned way,

[quote name='supraazn']go read on the COH beta forums, its a problem happening to almost all Vista users.
it happened to me too, the way to fix it was to run administrative command prompt and run the installer through it.[/quote]

Yea it worked for me, thanks

[quote name='GenDV138']Same thing happened to me, glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem.[/quote]

Looks like they removed the files.

well it looks like i lost the subscriber status...
did the glitch and was about to get into a few betas and now i guess they caught up with the glitched accounts.
surprising fast too... good job fileplanet

did they managed to get everyone here too?

I no longer have the account although it was good while it lasted. I got the Quake Wars Beta, COH OF Beta and I preloaded and then downloaded the Medal of Honor Airborne demo. What else did everyone get?

I got the Quake Wars Beta and a few HL2 mods with the no-wait servers. Tis all good since I don't really use FilePlanet anyway, maybe once a year.

[quote name='supraazn']well it looks like i lost the subscriber status...
did the glitch and was about to get into a few betas and now i guess they caught up with the glitched accounts.
surprising fast too... good job fileplanet

did they managed to get everyone here too?[/QUOTE]

Looks like they got me

aww shucks. :( Too bad too...the new WiC demo with single player just came out too :(

bread's done
Back