Films You Have Waited Years To See Released In Some Form Or Another?

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
I'm still waiting to see The Woods. It's a movie with Bruce Campbell and it was made like 2-3 years ago. I've seen the trailer for it last year, but nothing has come out since then. I think I read somewhere that only recently it has been shown at some festivals and supposedly it will be released in Germany on DVD in August with rumors circulating about an October release stateside in some form or another.

And if we're extending this to DVDs of TV shows then I have been waiting for the one season of Perversions of Science to be put out on DVD for a while as well.

Season sets of the Spider-man and X-Men cartoons and a movie where Jessica Alba shows her thingies (hopefully a future release).

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']The Wizard is finally hitting DVD. I've certainly been waiting a long time for it. but thats a RE-release[/QUOTE]

I'll second that. I scoured used video stores for it a few years back on VHS with no luck, so I'll definitely snatch it up when it hits dvd.

As for movies getting made, the rumors of a 3rd Ghostbusters have been floating around forever, but who knows if that will actually happen at some point or not. Tho I hear if it does, Bill Murray isn't interested, and he pretty much made the movies... :whistle2:(

As for TV to DVD, gotta go with The State, hands down. If that ever hits dvd I'll be buying it day-1.

Oh, I just remembered another. Since the Married with Children sets have been finally coming out, I would love to see Unhappily Ever After come out on DVD. You know, the show that was very similar to Married with Children but with the talking stuffed rabbit sort of similar to ALF.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']did boondock saints 2 ever come out?[/quote]

No and I have absolutely no idea what is going on with it. It's going, then it's not, it's written, then it's not, studio troubles, people disliking Troy Duffy, you name it I've probably heard about it on this project.:lol:

Off the top of my head...

The Exterminating Angel
Ivan's Childhood
Dodes'ka-den, Drunken Angel, I Live in Fear, the Idiot, et al
The Magician, Summer Interlude, Summer with Monika, et al
Out of the Fog
The Heiress
Anything by Max Ophuls
Twin Peaks - Season 2

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']did boondock saints 2 ever come out?[/quote]
I can't even find it on IMDb anymore. That's never a good sign.

I just checked the Boondock Saints message board, and nothing sounds promising on there either. It's mostly people saying that they've been promised the movie for two years with no real progress shown.

I did find this on there though: http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=51493

Not sure how reliable that is, but it's something. And about all the news you'll get from those boards.

-----------------

As for another movie I've been waiting for...

Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

I haven't seen this movie in freakin' forever. My old roommate's girlfriend borrowed it, they broke up, and I spent about a year trying to get it back from her so I could watch it. And I figured one day I'd just buy the dvd when I realized that it wasn't released yet.

I'm more hopeful that it's been released in the box set, but the box set doesn't sound to promising. Or at least from what I've heard about it. Basically just bare bones movies with no extras or anything, and one of them is in fullscreen even though the box set is supposed to be all widescreen.

Anyway, I hope they release Men in Tights on it's own soon. Amazon says September 6: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G6BLW4/qid=1151469524/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-0822384-4583922?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130

But they also have it listed as $11.19 on release which means it's probably just the bare bones movie also.

*Sigh* Oh well. Better than nothing, I guess.

Did "Night Of The Lepus" ever come out on DVD? I looked for it a couple of years ago and could never find it. That would be one I'd like to own sometime.

I wish they'd make that second Mario Bros movie.

Another one would be Zenobia. Its a film from 1939. Its one of about only 3 movies that Oliver Hardy did without Stan Laurel. I have it on VHS, but I seriously want it on DVD. I highly doubt it will ever happen

[quote name='camoor']An Ironman movie.

My favorite comic book character...

EDIT: SON OF A - directed by Jon Faveau... WTF

I mean COME ON[/quote]

I can only hope they come to their senses and cast Tom Selleck as Tony Stark.

artemis fowl for me- i think there was a teaser trailer for it on the new planet of the apes dvd and there was like a whole decoding contest to get a role in the movie but i think the whole movie was canned. would have been awesome though

Brisco County Jr. on DVD - FINALLY being released in July

Electric Dragon 80,000 Volts on DVD - The shit has been 'about to come out' for like 2 years.

EDIT: Holy shit, apparently Electric Dragon finally DID release! *orders*

I have a lot.

The Deer Hunter, as mentioned previously, is one near the top of my list.

There a whole lot of Akira Kurosawa movies I want to see but haven't (Ikiru, i'm looking at you!). This goes for a lot of the movies in the Criterion Collection.

I think most of all, though, I really want to see a movie that came out this march called, The Devil and Daniel Johnston. I haven't checked to see when it's coming to dvd, but man, i can't wait to see it.

Mel Brooks has been teasing us with mentioning a sequel to Spaceballs for a long ass time.

I remember about 15 years ago reading in the paper news about Mel Brooks making the sequel and naming it, "Spaceballs 3: The Search for Spaceballs 2."

And according to Wikipedia Mel Brooks mentioned in Sept. 2004 wanting to make a sequel to be released around the same time as Star Wars Episode 3.

Oh well.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Mel Brooks has been teasing us with mentioning a sequel to Spaceballs for a long ass time.

I remember about 15 years ago reading in the paper news about Mel Brooks making the sequel and naming it, "Spaceballs 3: The Search for Spaceballs 2."

And according to Wikipedia Mel Brooks mentioned in Sept. 2004 wanting to make a sequel to be released around the same time as Star Wars Episode 3.

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Isn't this filming now? I thought he was making it now after he helped with The Producers and stuff. I thought I read somewhere it was going to be taken from the title given in the movie and be called Spaceballs 2: The search for more money.

Oh and thanks GuyWithGun, here's one to add to the list:

Evil Dead 4 or Army of Darkness 2 or whatever it will be called.

[quote name='munch']I have a lot.

The Deer Hunter, as mentioned previously, is one near the top of my list.

There a whole lot of Akira Kurosawa movies I want to see but haven't (Ikiru, i'm looking at you!). This goes for a lot of the movies in the Criterion Collection.

I think most of all, though, I really want to see a movie that came out this march called, The Devil and Daniel Johnston. I haven't checked to see when it's coming to dvd, but man, i can't wait to see it.[/quote]

Yeah but you can find all of these on dvd easily. There are so many good foreign films that will probably never see the light of day on dvd, Wheres my judo saga criterion?!?!?!?! :bomb:

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']The Wizard is finally hitting DVD. I've certainly been waiting a long time for it. but thats a RE-release[/quote]

Hot Damn! I can't believe that is finally coming out on DVD!

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Boondock Saints 2. I saw a trailer like a year ago...

*Crosses fingers and hopes someon has info about it in this topic*

Haven't read it yet^[/quote]
I refer you to post #15.

[quote name='munch']The Deer Hunter, as mentioned previously, is one near the top of my list.

[/quote]

Deer Hunter is on DVD (apparently a new version is coming out on Friday) and so is Ikiru.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Boondock Saints 2. I saw a trailer like a year ago...

*Crosses fingers and hopes someon has info about it in this topic*

Haven't read it yet^[/QUOTE]

You didn't see a trailer. If you did, it was fake. It hasnt even started shooting yet...but ask anyone on the official boards....it is coming out next Tuesday...

[quote name='WAJedi']You didn't see a trailer. If you did, it was fake. It hasnt even started shooting yet...but ask anyone on the official boards....it is coming out next Tuesday...[/quote]
:roll:

:)

bread's done
Back