Final fantasy 13 $9.99 new & $8.99 used in store.

Is this a special sale price or a permanent price drop? If it's a special sale price, then I may need to snag it tomorrow using the B2G1 sale.

It's $10, so there's that. It can be a pretty bad game and still be worth $10. Having said that:

It's bad. Real bad. Real real bad.

[quote name='neuropunk']not a bad price for a hallway game.

hope you like 30 hour long hallways.[/QUOTE]

All JRPG are basically long hallways, the only difference is that this one removed the town so you just don't have the illusion of non-linearity.

I know I'm in the distinct minority on this one, but I prefer FF13 to Skyrim. The battles are a hell of lot more fun. $10 is a great price for this game, particularly if you enjoy the optional hunts.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Been waiting on the right price for this one, if there's a B2G1 around the corner, I'm in. Much obliged OP.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Seems like a no brainer. Waiting out the B2G1

Still have my sealed $15 copy from Best Buy. Thinking about returning it since I work in an office building right next to Best Buy and GameStop. Is there a chance of getting a gutted copy considering there are so many brand new copies of this game floating around?

[quote name='nadohawk']Same deal for 360.[/QUOTE]

But it's 3 times as good, because it comes with 3 discs. Am I right? Who's with me? No one? Okay.

[quote name='neuropunk']not a bad price for a hallway game.

hope you like 30 hour long hallways.[/QUOTE]
I'm 30 hours in and about to face the final boss in chapter 11. Any idea how much longer I have left?

I love the game but I have a huge backlog I need to get to.
I think this may be in my top 3 FF games, the combat is fun and the design of the world itself is fantastic.

[quote name='speedracer']It's $10, so there's that. It can be a pretty bad game and still be worth $10. Having said that:

It's bad. Real bad. Real real bad.[/QUOTE]

False. It is actually quite good.

I thought the game was great. Any scenes with Hope though were horrible, but I always hate the "everyone hates me I'm a whiney kid" characters

I don't really like open world games.

I didn't really care for this game, but I will rebuy it for 10 dollars since I traded in my copy awhile ago and I plan on getting FFXIII-2 next month and want to have the complete series. Maybe I can muster the motivation to play through it again since I never finished it the first time? I only wish I had my save file so I don't have to relive that 20 hour tutorial again.... :drool:

[quote name='BigPopov']I thought the game was great. Any scenes with Hope though were horrible, but I always hate the "everyone hates me I'm a whiney kid" characters

I don't really like open world games.[/QUOTE]

this.

Got my price adjust today. probably wouldve lost it if I didnt. hate missing a good deal

[quote name='whoknows']Sweet game.[/QUOTE]
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Jesus fucking Christ, stop it. Just stop. I wouldn't want any gamer to waste their time on this piece of trash.

Just about worth 10 bucks new.

And as for 13-2, give 2 months and there probably a chance to grab one at 20 bucks on one of the big retailers.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Been waiting on the right price for this one, if there's a B2G1 around the corner, I'm in. Much obliged OP.[/QUOTE]

There is. Starts tomorrow for PUR members, free and paid.

[quote name='speedracer']It's $10, so there's that. It can be a pretty bad game and still be worth $10. Having said that:

Thanks for the unbiased opinion. For any RPG or Final Fantasy fans, this game is good although not quite on par with previous entries. That said, well worth $10.

Why do people insist on saying its horrible?
Its not even a horrible FF game let alone a horrible game in general

I have a feeling that most of the people who say that aren't fans of JRPGs.

I've heard alot of "RPG fans" exclaim hate for this game. Only to find out they only play WRPGs

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Why do people insist on saying its horrible?

I've heard alot of "RPG fans" exclaim hate for this game. Only to find out they only play WRPGs[/QUOTE]

I'd consider myself an RPG fan in general and a Final Fantasy fan in particular. But there were so many things annoying and wrong about this game. Rather than go into all of them, I'll just throw one of the biggest problems out there:
Too many cutscenes too close together - almost every 3 or 4 battles or 50 steps. The best analogy I have is this - Imagine playing a game and having someone rip the controller out of your hands every 10 minutes and saying, "Hold on, let me show you something..."

This is an amazing deal for a amazing game. It has beautiful soundtrack and imo the prettiest graphics ever. jump on it !

[quote name='Royal High Knight']going to jump on this. I only played #7 in my life, but I didnt know what the fuck I was doing since i was 9 and new to the series.[/QUOTE]

srsly :p

I recommend playing 8-10 + tactics as well (if you have a lot of time to kill)

I dunno why XIII gets so much hate. The story was weird (and any part with hope sucked) but the battle system was unique and quite interesting. It's just a shame that you don't get it fully fleshed out until like 20 hours into the game and there's no NG+ mode.

[quote name='vamn']I'd consider myself an RPG fan in general and a Final Fantasy fan in particular. But there were so many things annoying and wrong about this game. Rather than go into all of them, I'll just throw one of the biggest problems out there:
Too many cutscenes too close together - almost every 3 or 4 battles or 50 steps. The best analogy I have is this - Imagine playing a game and having someone rip the controller out of your hands every 10 minutes and saying, "Hold on, let me show you something..."[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't mind that as long as the cutscenes/story is good

I've heard alot of "RPG fans" exclaim hate for this game. Only to find out they only play WRPGs[/QUOTE]
^this

I'm annoyed that I paid $29.99 for this at K-mart at launch and still haven't finished it. At $9.99, I'd say it's worth it if you're of the opinion that price should be factored into your enjoyment of a product.

More than anything, even the whiny characters and silly storyline, the worst part of the game for me is that the battle system is really fun to play since you have to react quickly, but actually getting into combat is a pain in the ass because it's almost always impossible to avoid enemy encounters while you're exploring around: there's always a ton of enemies, many of them outrun you, and most of the corridors are narrow.

If you don't mind spending more for a better game, get Resonance of Fate. If you have a PS3, get Valkyria Chronicles.

For anyone that has bought a new copy was it sealed like a NEW game should be or was it in a used case with a "new" disc? And yes I know its GS but Im just checking to

[quote name='OregonDealz']Any of the stores you guys went to have the black label or were they greatest hits?[/QUOTE]

Mine was a black label (the regular one, not the red greatest hits one).

[quote name='Royal High Knight']For anyone that has bought a new copy was it sealed like a NEW game should be or was it in a used case with a "new" disc? And yes I know its GS but Im just checking to[/QUOTE]

The one I got wasn't sealed. It was just like taped shut.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']For anyone that has bought a new copy was it sealed like a NEW game should be or was it in a used case with a "new" disc? And yes I know its GS but Im just checking to[/QUOTE]

Mine was sealed.

They do the new disc in used case thing when the only have one copy left...I'm assuming. They did that when I bought Catherine a few days ago.

Its not even a horrible FF game let alone a horrible game in general[/quote]
Beautiful.. and crazy overproduced. The entire game felt like Star Wars Episode 2: Gorgeous scenery, god awful characters, and an incredibly simple and dull story that never gets off the ground.
I loved JRPGs... until FFXIII. I've played 7 through completely 5 times.
I've heard alot of "RPG fans" exclaim hate for this game. Only to find out they only play WRPGs
Other than about 5 minutes of Oblivion and hating it, I had never played a WRPG before FFXIII. It was so damn bad that I decided it was time to get over my hatred of a nonlinear story so I picked up FO3.

You can see from my sig how that went. So yea, maybe people should look into it before buying a game because it's named Final Fantasy. That's all I'm saying.

tl;dr FF13 turned me off an entire genre I had been playing for a decade.

Came into this thread to offer my take on the game for like the millionth time, but is anyone really swayed by these back-and-forth opinion-fests on a polarizing game?

I loved this game. Probably due to the fact that I was going in expecting a horrible game. The battle system is fucking great, the graphics are beautiful, the music is good and the story was not that bad.

If you actually enjoy JRPGs, then don't let people steer you away from this. There are far worse and shorter games than this. For $10 it's a hell of a deal.

I was so hyped for FF13. I took a vacation day from work so I could go to a midnight release and spend the whole next day playing what was sure to be the best RPG of all time. Two hours into the game I yelled, "What the fuck is this shit!" FF13 is probably one of the most polarizing RPGs of all time.

This article sums up a lot of my complaints I had with FF13: 13 Reason I hate Final Fantasy XIII

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Came into this thread to offer my take on the game for like the millionth time, but is anyone really swayed by these back-and-forth opinion-fests on a polarizing game?[/QUOTE]
I didn't mean to and should have known better. I just meant to say that there's some pretty significant reasons to be a hater. YMMV as always.

QFTMFT.

[quote name='sampyle']False. It is actually quite good.[/QUOTE]

No, our fast-driving-vehicular friend actually has it right.

I enjoyed the 20 hours or so I put in to the 360 version back when it came out. I'm picking up a PS3 tonight and was about to grab it again for $30, will be picking it up for $10 instead.

Thanks a bunch OP

Edit: And to the people that say this game sucked, you are the reason why JRPGs are horrible right now. Square tried to innovate and everyone wants the same shit they were getting 10-15 years ago (which is why most developers are afraid to try anything new)
FFXIII was easily the most fun I've had with any JRPG since PS2 days

bread's done
Back