final fantasy 13 and splinter cell conviction xbox 360 bundles $199.99 @ walmart YMMY

royce321

CAG Newbie
at my local walmart *therefore the ymmy* i spotted the xbox 360 bundles collecting dust lol

they have been reduced to $199 for each unit, a pretty nice deal for a regular xbox......would be even better if they were slim models :)

anyways just letting ya'll know

HOLY CRAP! That's an amazing deal, hell I just might pick up one of these instead of the 'slim' 360. For $200 I'd be getting:

-Xbox 360 Elite w/ 250 gb HDD
-2 Wireless Controllers
-Headset
-Splinter Cell Conviction

DAMN GOOD DEAL!

[quote name='nixmahn']is it the bundle + 50 gift card for 200 or just the bundle?[/QUOTE]

i'd buy the unit if the $50 gift card counted towards that lol

the gift card is for the arcade only i think

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be all over these if I had not scored on the 200 arcade - 100 GC from amazon last November. Wonder if they will have any left overs for cheaper clearance prices laterz because of the crappy economy.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Lol, anyone who picked up a slim over one of these at $199 would be crazy.[/QUOTE]

i agree...i already have conviction so that would go up on ebay which would make this deal even cheaper for me if i were to find it...

I should probably go check the Wally Worlds around me tomorrow. Then I could trade in my two older 360s (which have Jasper chip sets) and get the Slim with nothing out of pocket. Then I'd have one 360 with a 250GB HDD to keep at my girl's, and the slim for my new apartment. Damn, I need to do the math before I think it's alll worth it.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Lol, anyone who picked up a slim over one of these at $199 would be crazy.[/QUOTE]

Eh, it would depend on if the person needs or wants wifi, otherwise I agree with you. I'll have to hit my walmarts tomorrow to see if they're selling them there for this price.

Great deals. I'd be more tempted if I didn't already own the games. The main reason I want the slim is the new look I likes and the fact that I am on original 360 number 5 due to the constant issues with them.

Just checked my nearest walmart, but the bundles are still $350=(
OP, were the discounted bundles behind the case, or were they simply stickered on a shelf?

[quote name='Thongsy']Eh, it would depend on if the person needs or wants wifi, otherwise I agree with you. I'll have to hit my walmarts tomorrow to see if they're selling them there for this price.[/QUOTE]

Even if said person wanted wifi, they could just buy the adaper, bringing the cost level with the slim, and still come out ahead because of the extra controller and the game.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']FML. This sort of thing always happens a few weeks after I make a console purchase. I just paid $300 for an elite at GS.:cry:[/QUOTE]

I'm really surprised that a CAG vet would have bought a console so close to E3. Everybody knows to wait cause there's almost always some type of announcement.

Now where are my PS3 announcements :bomb:

[quote name='skateraXVIII']FML. This sort of thing always happens a few weeks after I make a console purchase. I just paid $300 for an elite at GS.:cry:[/QUOTE]

1) you shouldnt have bought before E3
2) This particular deal is YMMV so good luck trying to find it.

Those in the Huntington, WV - Ashland, KY area are NOT eligible for this markdown at this time. Called a dozen Wal-Marts in the district. Those with them in stock all scan for $349.99 still.

I'm cursing right now, as this would drastically change my purchase choice from an Arcade.

[quote name='shosh']whats ymmy?
is the deal yummy?[/QUOTE]

Your Mileage May Vary

Which means it may be at your location, or you may have to drive a longer distance to get to a location that does have it.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Your Mileage May Vary

Which means it may be at your location, or you may have to drive a longer distance to get to a location that does have it.[/QUOTE]

no, that would be YMMV.
this is YMMY so shosh is right, it is YUMMY!;)

[quote name='craig.courtney']If you are going to post YMMV deals (which most Walmart deals are) please post the area you are in.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='craig.courtney']If you are going to post YMMV deals (which most Walmart deals are) please post the area you are in.[/QUOTE]

sorry :)

bay area california

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Which store in the Bay?[/QUOTE]

pittsburg

thought about buying the whole lot and selling them on ebay but the margin is way too low as the last bundle sold pretty low :(

plus whatever the cost of shipping those things would be

[quote name='royce321']pittsburg

thought about buying the whole lot and selling them on ebay but the margin is way too low as the last bundle sold pretty low :(

plus whatever the cost of shipping those things would be[/QUOTE]

Not true, I just called them and they have the bundle listed as $349. And here I was about to drive an hour there and an hour back to get the bundle, damn.

Did you actually buy one OP? Or did you just happen to see one of these bundles in the spot of where the arcarde model should be so you assume it's that price?

[quote name='hebrewhammer587']Not true, I just called them and they have the bundle listed as $349. And here I was about to drive an hour there and an hour back to get the bundle, damn.[/QUOTE]

i just saw the rollback flags on both consoles, i saw the flags yesterday so they couldn't have taken it off already

btw pittsburg, ca not the pittsburgh, pa just in case

i won't be back there until friday so i'll take a pic if its still there

[quote name='SLeeK719']Did you actually buy one OP? Or did you just happen to see one of these bundles in the spot of where the arcarde model should be so you assume it's that price?[/QUOTE]

god that would be the biggest fail post of the year. (outside of spam)

for those calling the store ahead of time make sure you have them actually look at the case as its all the way on the bottom with a fat rollback flag

[quote name='atc250es']eBay fees suck too, they're up to 9% final fee plus your listing fee, plus Paypal fee....[/QUOTE]

yea :(

plus with bing cashback rip there is even less incentive :cry:

I was going to head out today to pick up an Arcade for ~100 so I shall check.

Even if it has those consoles at that price, I don't think I will pick one up. I already have a 120gb and both games. So I can't really justify an extra $100 for an upgraded HDD and one more controller when compared to the cheap arcade as a backup console.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I was going to head out today to pick up an Arcade for ~100 so I shall check.

Even if it has those consoles at that price, I don't think I will pick one up. I already have a 120gb and both games. So I can't really justify an extra $100 for an upgraded HDD and one more controller when compared to the cheap arcade as a backup console.[/QUOTE]

lol, I'm like the opposite situation. I don't have either of those games, even though I'm not terribly interested in either, but I could always Goozex them for good points. I don't have a 360, but already have some games and would be fine with a 120gb HDD, but everything 250 or 60 now. So that bundle for $199 would be amazing. I'll probably just end up getting the Forza/ODST 120gb bundle for $215.

[quote name='hellhunde']lol, I'm like the opposite situation. I don't have either of those games, even though I'm not terribly interested in either, but I could always Goozex them for good points. I don't have a 360, but already have some games and would be fine with a 120gb HDD, but everything 250 or 60 now. So that bundle for $199 would be amazing. I'll probably just end up getting the Forza/ODST 120gb bundle for $215.[/QUOTE]

Either way with the price drop, you can't really go wrong with ANY model of the 360 I think.

bread's done
Back