Final Fantasy 7 for 50 bucks

Vampire_Zio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
So someone offered to sell me Final fantasy 7 ( green label ) for 50 bucks, is this worth the price? I know the black label is expensive. But even on ebay I have seen the green label sell up to 80 bucks. So the best place to ask I figured was on CAG.

Thank you for your time.

matters the condition, if it is complete, if its mint/near mint and has everything go for it.

Edit: yea i'd actually wait til today is over and hear the ps3 e3 announcements before doin anything

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='As I Bleed']matters the condition, if it is complete, if its mint/near mint and has everything go for it.[/QUOTE]

Its complete, not sure about the disk condition but lets assume very good.

edit: oh e3 is today? wow times flys, is there a rumor about ff7 being mentioned there? I hope they are going to do the remake and not some lame download on the psx network.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']nah, id go 30$ highest for any FF VII, 'specially since the whole ESRB rating for ps3 and what not.[/QUOTE]

I figured around 30 for the green label, I offered $35 and a few games for them to pick from, really just trying to get a copy for a friend that lives in hartford. ( they never played FF7, and rather not lend my only copy out )

$80 for a green label copy? my mint black label sat on ebay for $75 shipped for the whole month of april and I didn't get a lick of interest!

I would agree with the $30-35 range... it's always been my belief that FF7 is valuable solely because there's people that just want to play it, not necessarily collect. I would imagine once it comes out on PSN the value will plummet.

I sold my copy of FF7 for about 60 a few weeks ago. The moment I heard about FF7 being ESRB announced was the moment I sold it. I'll just rebuy it on the PSN if I miss it.

It's on PSN right now, so.....no. Not worth $50.

The game was never "rare", people just wanted to play it, and now that they can for (comparatively) cheap there's no reason to spend that much.

[quote name='darkslime']No, I'm sure you will be able to get it for $20 in a few weeks now that its on PSN.[/QUOTE]$20!!! D:
are you serious????

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']$20!!! D:
are you serious????[/QUOTE] probably. it's a really common game and a lot of people will probably be unloading it now. prices have already dropped a lot.

I bought a great condition black label copy for $35 like 6 months ago. Now with the PSN release, copies are going to start flooding the market.

[quote name='eastshore4']$80 for a green label copy? my mint black label sat on ebay for $75 shipped for the whole month of april and I didn't get a lick of interest!

I would agree with the $30-35 range... it's always been my belief that FF7 is valuable solely because there's people that just want to play it, not necessarily collect. I would imagine once it comes out on PSN the value will plummet.[/QUOTE]

I have seen crazy bidders fighting over the green label copy more than $80 on ebay 2 or 3 times even when the black label is going for $80 buy-it-now, too... both condition is in either excellent or mint. But I'm pretty fair sure that FF7 is made available via PSN, I think the value of both green and black label copies will eventually go down.

Anyway, to determine whether FF7 regardless of color label is worth getting at certain price... anywhere between $20-$40 depending on condition is satisfiable buy. If you are talking about sealed copy, not gutted one for $50, get it, no question. =P

Last edited by a moderator:
WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Downloading as we speak.

Stoked? Yes I am, thanks for asking.

I would wait to buy one, prices will probably drop slightly now.

I would download the game if I didn't already have a copy of it myself in disk format, nor do I have a psp oh well. I always found that odd you can buy a psone game for the ps3 but you can't run the game without a psp....

I haggled the guy down to 35 bucks for the game, its for a friend anyways that wants it so I'm getting paid back. Ill keep an eye on ebay just in case.

[quote name='Vampire_Zio']I would download the game if I didn't already have a copy of it myself in disk format, nor do I have a psp oh well. I always found that odd you can buy a psone game for the ps3 but you can't run the game without a psp....

I haggled the guy down to 35 bucks for the game, its for a friend anyways that wants it so I'm getting paid back. Ill keep an eye on ebay just in case.[/QUOTE]

Er, what? I'm pretty sure that the PSN download plays on both the PS3 and PSP. Once you download it, you can just play it off the PS3 or copy it onto a stick to take play on your PSP.

It's sad. I have all these PS1 and PS2 games that I realize are all each easily worth the price of a NEW xbox360 game IF I sold them...Which I never will!

FF7? $80? Why?! Who the hell never owned FF7? And why when it's easily available via mod or emulation?
It's simply because people are pretentious and want to own a physical copy. They aren't paying to play and experience the game, they're paying to own a piece of history.

It makes me wonder, what will these games be worth in 5 years? Will the prices sky rocket more, or will people stop caring?
That's why I dont sell my games; there's too much to think about, and too many regrets.

One could make a great deal of money by buying any FF game 2 times; once to play, and one to keep sealed in their closet for 10 years. Or any JRPG in general! I think it's because dorks are willing to pay anything for a dorky game.

[quote name='GuardianE']Er, what? I'm pretty sure that the PSN download plays on both the PS3 and PSP. Once you download it, you can just play it off the PS3 or copy it onto a stick to take play on your PSP.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. You can play it on either system.

[quote name='Vampire_Zio']I would download the game if I didn't already have a copy of it myself in disk format, nor do I have a psp oh well. I always found that odd you can buy a psone game for the ps3 but you can't run the game without a psp....

I haggled the guy down to 35 bucks for the game, its for a friend anyways that wants it so I'm getting paid back. Ill keep an eye on ebay just in case.[/QUOTE]

As others have said you don't need a PSP to run the game. It plays on both PS3 or PSP.

bread's done
Back