Final Fantasy Advent Children Blu-ray $17.99

Bear in mind that this is getting repriced. Amazon.com has updated the price, but not its MSRP (of which it should be updated to $24.95).

[quote name='panzerfaust']is the Complete version all that better? i was hugely disappointed with the original version.[/QUOTE]

I cannot emphasize enough how much better Complete is than the original cut... it feels like it's paced much, much better.

The Complete version actually makes sense. When I watched the original version I had no idea what was going on during parts of it. It's actually coherent in the Complete edition. I would highly recommend giving it a shot.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Did they remix the post production?[/QUOTE]

Aside from the fact that "remix the post production" makes no sense [I think you mean "remix the audio" or "adjust the mixdown" or "refine the audio levels"] there is good news... the audio for the Blu-ray is fantastic.

Don't believe me? Blu-ray.com gave it 5/5 and had this to say about it:

A perfect audio track offers a blend of spatial effects, music and dialogue to create a viewing experience that completely immerses the listener in the world of the film. I've rarely had the opportunity to hear such a track, but I'm pleased to report the Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Japanese track for this film is one of the most incredible audio tracks I've had the pleasure of listening to. Dialogue exhibits an immaculate level of detail in any range or pitch, but I was most impressed with the deep voices of several male characters. The music is equally crisp and efficiently incorporated in a non-obtrusive way next to the on-screen action. On a film that runs the emotional gamut, it has to be difficult to create a musical score that always seems appropriate, and Advent Children contains some truly inspired musical numbers. Lastly, the use of spatial separation and environmental effects were handled with precision across the entire sound field of my home theater. From the subtlety of a ringing bell, to the explosion of a building, you'll notice the tiniest sounds and details in the audio mix, while marveling at the wealth of sounds hitting your ears. I especially enjoyed the battles that took place on the massive bikes in the desert and on the freeway. Those sequences reminded me of the freeway scene from Matrix: Reloaded (without the inclusion of poor CGI), and will likely stand as my new demo material for showing off my obsession with home theater.

For anyone who's interested in the English track (also offered in Dolby TrueHD 5.1), the track is nearly as proficient as the Japanese mix, but I detected a slight drop in non-dialogue volume next to the original language offering. It's not extremely noticeable, and wouldn't have been an issue if I weren't switching back and forth on the fly, but those that prefer the English dub (which is actually quite good) should be aware there's a slight difference between the two tracks.

[quote name='WTK']Bear in mind that this is getting repriced. Amazon.com has updated the price, but not its MSRP (of which it should be updated to $24.95).[/QUOTE]

sorry i don't understand. u mean the complete version should be repriced to a lower value than the current $38.96?

I meant re-mix the audio post production, i guess what i said didnt make sense

But thanks for the info

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard of overstock, but never purchased anything from them before. Are they reliable for quality of goods? I'm just wary of incredible prices.

bread's done
Back