Final fantasy Chronicles/Antholgy

Theenternal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Last time I played these, it was on a psone and I found the load times a little slow, how are the load times on these games with the ps2 compared to the snes versions?

should be about the same as the ps1, the snes versions are obviously going to be quicker since they're on cartridge

Yeah but doesn't the PS2 have that option so the disc gets read faster or something...doesn't that help the loading to be quicker, and have sharper images?

I got Chronicles for PS2 and the load time before battles in Chrono Trigger is slightly annoying.

Yeah I remember each time when you battle just how long it takes to actually start the battle in Chrono Trigger...another reason why a GBA remake would be great

Ive played both cart and cd format, what im asking is how it runs on the ps2 since it has a faster cd drive, the load tmies should be signifigantly less than the psone.

I wanted to note that Final Fantasy Anthology doesn't work properly on the PS2. The save screen is entirely distorted. I'm pretty sure this is true for all FFAs and PS2s (it's one of the only reasons I keep my PS1 around). Also, with FFC, there isn't really a difference load-time wise with the faster-loading option turned on. Can anyone verify these 2 statements?

[quote name='craven_fiend']i think the only difference from playing the games on a ps2 instead of a ps1 would be the picture quality.[/quote]

Not for 2D games.

Speed improved on my PS2. And uh, yes. The graphics do improve (somewhat, and to an extent). When I bought Anthology, I had a television that did not support S-Video. As some people may no, the PSX isn't very optimal in standard cables, so the font came out different from the SNES version. I then got a PS2 and the font changed to it's original form with the built-in enhancer. But that was still on the same TV. On my new television, however, keeps the original, true look on S-Video, no matter if it's on a PSX or PS2.

Actually, all you have to do with FFA is exit out of the save screen and reenter it. it should work then. it works for me on my PS2. and it is GOD AWFULLY slow loading for battles on FFVI and FFV. nowhere near as enjoyable as on SNES.

Yes, the PS2 has faster load times for PS1 games, if you set it up to do so. If you don't believe me, play it on the PS2 with faster reading selected, then quickly switch to the PS1 and play there.

The load times in FF Tactics, for instance, were significantly faster on the PS2, and the same goes for my copies of FFC and FFO. Graphical improvement, however, is certainly negligible.

bread's done
Back