Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles anyone?

evilomar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
So is anyone else excited about this game. I haven't been this excited since Secret of Mana (Seiken 2) for the Super Nes. I tried playing the inferior Legend of Mana, but it just didn't feel the same. Nothing like beating the hell out of monsters with 3 of your buddies, this game is gonna kick ass!!! Regardless of what the reviewers of Game Informer have said. Its a good thing I don't take their reviews seriously, they do have nice pictures though.

I'm certainly excited about it. I've been anticipating it's release ever since I played it at E3. Too bad I am broke...

yeah, I'm excited for it as well, it looks like it will be really cool, I found myself a mp partner as well so it should be fun

It looks cool, shame it's only on Gamecube, and you cannot play it's full potential unless you have multiple players/systems. Sounds like a lot of money involved to me.

I'm sure i'll ger flamed for this..
but i noticed that you can still put 5 bucks down at any eb and get a free link cable....

i know i'm not the only one who has taken advantage of this... not wanting to pay 15 bucks a cable for me and three friends....

honestly....
flame away....
but here is no obligation to purchase the game after you put a 5.00 deposit... and no.. they wont ask for the cable back...

just reserve it at four eb's or so.....

i mean...
heck...
its easy for me cuz i'm in NYC... but if you happen to stop by some some mall you never go to.. and want a 5 dollar cable... just reserve CC there... and get your cable...

then when they call you saying they have it....
just say sorry...i got it already as a gift.. thanks agnyway....
there ya go.

been doing this for years honestly with t-shirts and other promos and what-not....
not a scam... just... sort of a loophole i guess.

have fun.

Why would you get flamed for that? That is an awesome idea! Wish I would have thought about it myself! You belong amongst us cheapassgamers!

[quote name='metroidkiller9']no, actually it is a scam.

Main Entry: scam
Pronunciation: 'skam
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
: a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation[/quote]

the flaming begins...
lol

listen man.....

suppose you did as i did.....

just walk into any eb....
ask if the free cable for 5 dollar promo is still going...
tell the guy... hey... i'm definately not gonna buy it here.. but i'm gonna give you five to reserve it anyway... just for the free cable... in fact... you CAN call me when it comes in... but chances are....
i will already have it.... fact is.. i just need another cable... and you guys have a promo.... here's my five... thanks for the cable...

is that a STILL a scam?

[quote name='metroidkiller9']no, actually it is a scam.

Main Entry: scam
Pronunciation: 'skam
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
: a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation[/quote]

You need to cancel your account here. Is this any more fraudulent than hundreds (or perhaps thousands) of CAGers repeatedly using the Best Buy Gift Card to their advantage? Or perhaps the same number of people using an Amazon/TRU price reduction code that was intended for a single consumer? Or worse yet, (and I know lots of people do this), buying all the $5 and $10 games at the clearance sales/racks just to turn around and trade them in for more store credit at EB. Is that a scam? :roll: Please...

while we're on that 5 dollar game subject...
how did you think i intended to PAY for FFCC?

mine is coming free after trading in four 3.50 copies of Fantavision.

Scam? I think not.

i won't flame you, but i won't do it for moral issues.

but if u look back at the "buy one get 50% off" for Mad Catz accessories deal at EBgames, you'll see that they have the cable for $9 and get it for $4.50 with something else.

or, if u can't settle for a 3rd party product for this, like me, u can get the official nintendo one for $10, free shipping.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=801381

Bla bla bla bla bla.

This website is half exploitation of deals anyways... I'd think "morality" should be the least thing on anyones mind.. good idea, by the way.

with the best buy gift card and and the eb trade in deals you are not entering into an agreement you are planning to then break. you paid for the gift card and you are trading in 4 games. those are the only prerequisites to fulfill those deals. how would you like it if eb then said, oh sorry but we got those 4 games from someone else and didnt give you your credit but kept your games. chances are youd feel scammed.

Sure I'm getting it. With EB's preorder deal, I couldn't resist. Four $5 games from Circuit City equal one brand new FFCC with a free GBA/GCN link cable? I'm there.

I suppose there are different ways to look at this, but I do not see it as a scam. You are paying $5 for a spot in line. If you leave the line, you leave the line. Now, if you were to try to get your $5 back without returning the cable, that would be a scam (and it probably wouldn't work either).

On a side note, when Legend of Zelda: OoT first came out on the N64, I pre-ordered it at EB. When I went to pick up my game, they hadn't received the extras that were supposed to come with it. I kept calling every few days, waiting for them to arrive. I went out of town for about a week, and when I got back, they said they had come in, but they didn't have them anymore. Now, that was a scam :x . I should have done something about it, but sometimes I am just too easygoing.

[quote name='guessed']I suppose there are different ways to look at this, but I do not see it as a scam. You are paying $5 for a spot in line. If you leave the line, you leave the line. Now, if you were to try to get your $5 back without returning the cable, that would be a scam (and it probably wouldn't work either).[/quote]

exactly.
:p

ok fine. if you leave the line you leave the line. but then to go get on another line, and then another line, followed by another as suggested by joystickz is pure scamming.

Am I the only person around who is a Final Fantasy fan, but isn't excited about this game?

None of my gamer friends have GBAs. So the game has no point for me.

The one player campaign is supposed to be boring and mostly without story. And I'm tired of pretty, story-less games.

[quote name='metroidkiller9']with the best buy gift card and and the eb trade in deals you are not entering into an agreement you are planning to then break. you paid for the gift card and you are trading in 4 games. those are the only prerequisites to fulfill those deals. how would you like it if eb then said, oh sorry but we got those 4 games from someone else and didnt give you your credit but kept your games. chances are youd feel scammed.[/quote]

Feeling scammed... Kinda like not being able to bring ANY non-sports title in for trade? There are plenty of people on this board who were not allowed to trade in non-sports games even though the coupon didn't specifically exclude those games. EB Manager scamming the customer. Nice try pal. :roll:

How about games that sell for 50 bucks when only like 20 percent of games made are worth the full price. How about a person paying 50 bucks for a game like Enter the Matrix when it first came out. I think alot of people get scammed to buy a crappy title without reading reviews or any knowledge of the game being good. Companies love to take your money for overpriced items.....

Well, I'm not exited about it either. I don't plan on buying it. Square seems to be going through a downward spiral these days.

[quote name='poormojo']Am I the only person around who is a Final Fantasy fan, but isn't excited about this game?

The one player campaign is supposed to be boring and mostly without story. And I'm tired of pretty, story-less games.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat. I am a big Final Fantasy fan, but I play most games by myself. The fact that you are almost required to play with other people is a bad idea, in my opinion. All the great multiplayer games had at least a decent single-player game to go along with it.

[quote name='pete2010']How about games that sell for 50 bucks when only like 20 percent of games made are worth the full price. How about a person paying 50 bucks for a game like Enter the Matrix when it first came out. I think alot of people get scammed to buy a crappy title without reading reviews or any knowledge of the game being good. Companies love to take your money for overpriced items.....[/quote]

Yeah, it's not like the people who develop games deserve to be paid, or the artists who create that characters, game worlds and box art, or the staff of programmers who program the entire game engine, the AI, and ever other facet of the game, or the staff of people who test these game so they aren't completely bug-ridden, or the people who market it. Let's not forget the guy selling you the game.. he doesn't deserve any money from this either... lets just wait until everyone involved, even the people selling the game at the store have to take a loss.

Being a Cheapass is one thing, but being ignorant of the costs an people involved in the creation of a game, even a "crappy" one in your eyes, is another.
I hate when people whine about the costs of a new game or software program.... If you don't like the price, don't pay it.... but just about everyone is sick of hearing people bitch about it.

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='poormojo']Am I the only person around who is a Final Fantasy fan, but isn't excited about this game?

The one player campaign is supposed to be boring and mostly without story. And I'm tired of pretty, story-less games.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat. I am a big Final Fantasy fan, but I play most games by myself. The fact that you are almost required to play with other people is a bad idea, in my opinion. All the great multiplayer games had at least a decent single-player game to go along with it.[/quote]

Really? What about Gauntlet? There really wasn't much of a story there.

Yeah, I'm not too excited about it either, since I really don't know anyone with a GBA. And maybe I'm just out of the loop, but I haven't even heard that much about it (besides this whole multiplayer thing).

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='poormojo']Am I the only person around who is a Final Fantasy fan, but isn't excited about this game?

I'm in the same boat. I am a big Final Fantasy fan, but I play most games by myself. The fact that you are almost required to play with other people is a bad idea, in my opinion. All the great multiplayer games had at least a decent single-player game to go along with it.[/quote]

Really? What about Gauntlet? There really wasn't much of a story there.[/quote]

I wasn't really talking about the lack of a story, just the multiplayer being the main emphasis of the game. I liked Gauntlet.

I guess I just see a problem where to complete the game, you would have to constantly round up the same group of people to play.

agreed. sorry guys and girls. shoulda kept my opinion to myself. anyway i for one am totally excited about this game. me and my three friends and our gbas are ready and waiting.

[quote name='metroidkiller9']agreed. sorry guys and girls. shoulda kept my opinion to myself. anyway i for one am totally excited about this game. me and my three friends and our gbas are ready and waiting.[/quote]

glad we could agree on something.
:wink:

I also pre-ordered it with my Trade-in bounty from Ninja Gaiden. I figured I will just rent Ninja Gaiden from Gamefly anyway. I just used $42 out of the $52 code they gave me, with my 10% Gamespot discount I ended up paying only $2.99 ..and I still have a $10 code I can use!

Pre-ordered it. My brother and I have the regular GBAs while the wife has an SP. I like the idea of actually working together, rather than doing whatever you like you can in PSO (with the exception of multi-person switches,etc.)

I also like the idea of working co-op. I have heard it is similar to Secret of Mana, which is my all-time favorite game, so I'm excited to finally get a change to play in a few days.

I'd love to play it but the only person I have to play with me is my fiance. She isn't much into games although she tries to be since it is so important to me. I don't think I could get her to sit through FFCC. Hell, I can't even get her to sit through a 2 hour movie without asking me to explain what just happened! Short attention span... :cry:

I hear ya daph my girl only likes gameshow games like family feud wheel of fortune monopoly party crap like that its fun for me for like 2 seconds but she enjoys it. hopefully the time playing with her will give me some me time with FF:CC.

trying to get a girl into games eh?

have you tried animal crossing or FFX-2?

man..... nothing like a tiny town full of fuzzy animals with clothing to collect for getting a girl into games....

thats not to stereotype ALL female gamers....
just .... stereotyping female non-gamers....

trust me... if animal crossing wont work.... all hope may be lost....

but then again... maybe FF:CC can do the trick...
co-op games like gauntlet.... or baldur's gate can really build your communication and trust in a relationship....

hopefully FF:CC can do the same... just gotta decide who has to carry that damn mana bucket around...

The only games that have a chance are multiplayer. She loves playing together. I have yet to try her on a game that requires lots of time but like I mentioned before, she has a short attention span. Maybe I'll get lucky who knows.

Or maybe this means I need to make more friends in D.C. who like games as much as I do. Man I wish I woulda stayed in C.A! :evil:

[quote name='drunkentester']man, bring FFCC over and I'll game with ya phatty. It'll be like the old 3rd party days.[/quote]

I don't know why I keep forgetting that you are a hop, skip and a Metro ride away... #-o ](*,)

[quote name='drunkentester']and bring a Saturn A/V cable too so I can kick your a$$ on old school VF 2 and Guardian Heroes.[/quote]

You are sooo on! :twisted:

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']I also like the idea of working co-op. I have heard it is similar to Secret of Mana, which is my all-time favorite game, so I'm excited to finally get a change to play in a few days.[/quote]

Hellz yeah Secret of Mana was my favorite game as well. Alot of people are bitching because they are Final Fantasy fans that say its nothing like the series... that's the whole reason I am excited!!! I have not enjoyed a FF game since 3(VI) and it feels like Secret of Mana, hell yeah sign me up!!!

bread's done
Back