Final Fantasy Dissidia - $12.99

i got dissidia when it was 15 bucks last christmas, and that was TOTALLY worth it. same with crisis core. hop on this if you're on the fence about these games, they probably wont get much cheaper.

I was about to buy this new when I saw it used for a couple dollars cheaper. The Warehouse has never failed me before, so I took the plunge. :p Thanks OP!

^^^ Agreed. A very fun game, definitely worth $13, it's one of those few PSP games that feels like it was made for the system, instead of merely being "condensed" onto it. Pretty damn corny though, expect a lot of pretty men telling each other to "hold onto hope", and other groaners.

Anyone that is thinking of biting should check out the right hand of the page to see if Amazon warehouse has it in stock or not. I just bought mine from it like someone else did and it was $2-$3 cheaper.

Thanks OP. Great deal.
But I've suddenly become interested in avoiding physical media for my PSP. Just not worth the hassle of carrying things around. Hmmm....really good price though.

Glad to see so many people liked it, considering it was total fan service, but I just couldn't get into it. I liked pretty much everything about the game except the gameplay itself, I just couldn't get around the clunky controls. It's astonishingly deep though, so if you end up liking it then it is well worth this price (unfortunately I bought it at launch).

Now if only I could find a cheap PSP. My fiancee would instantly steal it but that's alright. I have enough DS games to keep me busy for a while.

This and Crisis Core are some of the best games on the system.

Though, yes, Dissidia's dialogue is sickening at best. The gameplay and depth make up for it tenfold. I put 60 hours into the game easy.

[quote name='bvharris']Glad to see so many people liked it, considering it was total fan service, but I just couldn't get into it. I liked pretty much everything about the game except the gameplay itself, I just couldn't get around the clunky controls. It's astonishingly deep though, so if you end up liking it then it is well worth this price (unfortunately I bought it at launch).[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. Graphics/sound wise, the game is astonishing. Gameplay wise, I found the game dull and boring. I love the Final Fantasy series, but I could not get into this game after trying 4 separate times. I always come back thinking it will get better, or I missed something the previous play...but I always leave disappointed. I know some people feel this is the best PSP game out there, but I personally have enjoyed dozens of PSP games far more than I enjoyed Dissidia

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I feel the same way. Graphics/sound wise, the game is astonishing. Gameplay wise, I found the game dull and boring. I love the Final Fantasy series, but I could not get into this game after trying 4 separate times. I always come back thinking it will get better, or I missed something the previous play...but I always leave disappointed. I know some people feel this is the best PSP game out there, but I personally have enjoyed dozens of PSP games far more than I enjoyed Dissidia[/QUOTE]

I'll skip it for now then. With Birth by Sleep coming out next week, my PSP is going to be pretty occupied. Thanks for the replies guys, both positive and negative, but gameplay kinda killed the deal for me.(If that makes sense...)

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']I'll skip it for now then. With Birth by Sleep coming out next week, my PSP is going to be pretty occupied. Thanks for the replies guys, both positive and negative, but gameplay kinda killed the deal for me.(If that makes sense...)[/QUOTE]

Yea, it is a hard game to judge. Obviously it cannot be terrible, or else there wouldn't be a crowd of people who enjoy it so much. It just seems the gameplay style clicks with you or it doesn't. Same thing goes for Monster Hunter Freedom. That game is one of my favorite PSP games, yet so many people hate it. Hopefully the people who pick it up enjoy it though, because it sucks to waste money on something you can't enjoy.

Wow, from sheer amount of content 13 bucks is pretty amazing. I was disappointed with the game in general but I could FF fans or people who like a lot of genre mixing really digging it.

[quote name='dallow']Guess I own this game now. Was cheap enough.

Hops it's better than the demo.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely hated the demo. It was confusing and I constantly lost. However, I picked up Dissidia anyway during an Amazon deal last year and absolutely LOVED it. The full game is much, much better about easing you into the gameplay and each feature (of which there are a LOT). I'm terrible at fighting games now (was okay at SFA1 and 2 back in the day) as well as complex battle systems (Kingdom Hearts on the GBA and The World Ends With You are but a couple of games I wish I were better at but am teh phail as they say - and those are 2D games ;D). However, I managed to play and enjoy Dissidia for nearly 65 hours playing every single day after I first opened it up. I finally had to put it away because I played it so much. :) It's both simpler to get into than the early part of the game lets on as well as unbelievably deep the more you play. When you first start, you're practically only seeing 10% of what you can unlock and do in the game. It's like Christmas every time you play because you unlock stuff both big and small on a constant basis.

So, go into the game with open eyes and be prepared to unlock more stuff in a game than you ever thought possible. I hope you have fun!

P.S. The game has a great built-in help system on just about anything, but I did find that the official strategy guide (below) did one effin' great job about fleshing everything out even better. There are battle and technique nuances that are better explained in the guide, as well as much more. This is one of the times that a strategy guide is actually a strategy guide and not a walkthrough ;) To say this helped me understand and progress in Dissidia is a huge understatement. Hope that helps, too!

http://www.amazon.com/DISSIDIA-FINA..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1283446482&sr=8-2

Another vote for amazing graphics and fan service, but the gameplay just didn't grab me. Crisis Core is the best game on PSP though.

Copy arrived some days ago but I finally opened it today.

Pleasantly surprised to find it came with the soundtrack excerpts CD.

bread's done
Back