Final Fantasy III, V, & VI - Hard to find in stores?

Gameboy415

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I'm looking to pick up these 3 games but I was wondering if they are still readily available in stores in the US.

I'm currently in Japan and I know of a few places in Tokyo where I can pick them up, albeit at a bit of a markup.
I'm heading home for the holidays so if they ARE still in stores, I would rather just buy them then.

So, are they hard to find?

I ask mainly because Gamestop doesn't even have listings for V or VI on their website and I imagine most other stores are phasing out their GBA selection too.

(Btw, online stores/ebay aren't really an option, as I don't currently have a credit/debit card)

most places are phasing out their entire gba collection because nintendo recently stopped supporting the entire system and collection as a whole. but, most gba titles (especially FFV&VI) should be pretty easy to find seeing as those came out really late in the systems life cycle. and FFIII is pretty much in stock every where I've seen, and toys r us has it marked down to 19.98 I believe.

Yeah, TRU has FF3 clearanced. I haven't looked lately but I know I saw FFV complete used at Gamestop today. I'm waiting for a price drop on V and VI before I pick 'em up.

We still have them all at CC, but I'm pretty sure they havent hit clearence yet, I unfortunatly bought 3 and 6 at full price so I'll just wait for them all to hit clearence before I snatch up 5.

Cool, thanks for the quick replies! :D

I'll probably just wait and see what I can find in December, otherwise I'm sure I can still find them in Tokyo early next year.

Like I said, we have a whole bunch of them at my CC store, nobody buys them, i ust walk by them day after day. And there still not on clearence.

Waiting for online clearance is bad idea since OP said no online purchase. It could be tough to find depending on where you are in US. It should come down to do you really want this games? Can you live with yourself if you miss out on them waiting for some killer offer while they're becoming harder to find?

Last week I went to buy Pokemon FireRed and they had none. All I remember seeing were stacks of FFIV, V, & VI, so you're good to go. I'm still searching for FireRed. :hot:

I haven't seen FF VI around lately. I still see FF V a lot, and occasionally FF IV. I haven't looked for FF III.

Amazon still has all of them, and I believe they ship to Japan now.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']
Amazon still has all of them, and I believe they ship to Japan now.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Amazon itself has only FF4 and FF6. 3 and 5 are sold by other sellers.

I got V and VI with the B2G1 from TRU, along with RF. V was $33.99 for some reason at Time Square. I see a bunch of them all the time at my CC. Time Square TRU had a bunch of V and VI too. Never paid attention to III since I got it for $20 back last TRU promotion.

I saw at least two FF games at TRU when I went a few days ago, they were normal price.

And I don't know why most people think they are phasing out GBA games. The TRU had more GBA games than anything else. The fact that tens of millions of people have a GBA and now the DS fans makes it a smart move to keep GBA games instore.

[quote name='bigdaddy']
And I don't know why most people think they are phasing out GBA games. The TRU had more GBA games than anything else. The fact that tens of millions of people have a GBA and now the DS fans makes it a smart move to keep GBA games instore.[/QUOTE]

Sure TRU might want to sell GBA games but how many of them is Nintendo printing now? Even Nintendo's own Minish Cap is out of print. I doubt any game will get reprints this late in GBA's life, so what's out there is all there is.

[quote name='Phryo88']We still have them all at CC, but I'm pretty sure they havent hit clearence yet, I unfortunatly bought 3 and 6 at full price so I'll just wait for them all to hit clearence before I snatch up 5.[/quote]V was $20 at Fry's a long time ago, if you can still find it

I can't find III but I see V and VI all the time. Still at $30 I'm waiting for a drop before I take the plunge. III dropped and suddenly I can't find it anywhere.

I've seen all of them at CC... FFIII is still marked as $40 though. I would've never gotten it had it not been for that coupon that made it $20 a TRU last Xmas.

I'm going to just go ahead and pick up FFV and FFVI during the next B2G1 sale. I don't think these will ever drop in price...

I have FF: Chronicles and FF: Anthology on PS. Is it worth it to get any of the FF advance titles? B2G1 right now at TRU as we all know...

[quote name='mcelfour']I have FF: Chronicles and FF: Anthology on PS. Is it worth it to get any of the FF advance titles? B2G1 right now at TRU as we all know...[/QUOTE]

The load times are kinda annoying. It was ok when it had to load new towns, maps, etc. but it takes 3-5 seconds to load a menu and a second or two during the battle menus- that gets really annoying.

I just picked up FFV and FFVI today- figure I might as well since there was nothing else I really wanted.

[quote name='Vinny']The load times are kinda annoying. It was ok when it had to load new towns, maps, etc. but it takes 3-5 seconds to load a menu and a second or two during the battle menus- that gets really annoying.

I just picked up FFV and FFVI today- figure I might as well since there was nothing else I really wanted.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I ought to throw in one of the PS discs and see for myself. I've not gotten around to playing them since I picked them up, and that does sound annoying.

Edit: I did throw in FFIV, and I didn't think the menus or battles or anything had a long load time. Later on? FFV or VI? Where are the load times bad?

I know FFVI had loading issues- I don't remember FFIV too well... or FFV but I'm pretty sure it was the same case. It's not annoying initially but as you keep playing it'll get on your nerves.

But I guess it might've been because I played the originals (of FFVI and FFIV) so I never had to deal with loading times initially that it became annoying when I played them on the PS1.

So when I dropped by my local TRU, they only had FFV, so no B2G1 on FF's for me anyway. Oh well. I have a big enough backlog to play anyway.

bread's done
Back