Final Fantasy III, V, VI remake!

I know a fair number of people who are really aversed to 'extra' context that comes with remakes. A particular instance, someone I know stopped playing FF1 in whichever PS1 compilation it came on, just because there was a port early on in the game that was not in the original. I know thats a silly example.

from the article: "He also stated that the game will be remade using polygons for both the characters and the field similar to Seiken Densetsu."

Wait just a damned minute...that almost sounds like an action RPG

Stoped playing because of extra content. Sorry but that makes no sense. I bought them because I HAD to see the video cut scenes that were added to them.

Very nice... only ever played 7, I might pick up 6 when it comes out since it's so acclaimed. Now where's Chrono Trigger?!!?!?!!?

Where the hell is IV? Why not just put I-VI on one cart to please everyone? Then maybe put VII-IX on one UMD if possible for the PSP. Now that would rule.

[quote name='javeryh']Where the hell is IV?[/quote]
"Final Fantasy IV Advance will be released in North America on December 12"

[quote name='javeryh']Why not just put I-VI on one cart to please everyone? Then maybe put VII-IX on one UMD if possible for the PSP. Now that would rule.[/QUOTE]

Because they love money?

[quote name='javeryh']Where the hell is IV? Why not just put I-VI on one cart to please everyone? Then maybe put VII-IX on one UMD if possible for the PSP. Now that would rule.[/QUOTE]

that wouldn't even be possible on a DVD, unless *maybe* it was duallayered. i mean 13 discs on average (i'm guessing from what a normal cd can hold) 600 mbs a disc, that's almost 8 gigabytes of FF.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']that wouldn't even be possible on a DVD, unless *maybe* it was duallayered. i mean 13 discs on average (i'm guessing from what a normal cd can hold) 600 mbs a disc, that's almost 8 gigabytes of FF.[/QUOTE]

Except that the first 6 could fit on one cd easy. The size of the original roms are probably no more than 50mb. Of course they've made it fancier with cut scenes and updated whatnot, so thats no longer the case.

[quote name='Strell']Sign me up. 5 and 6 togo. 6 to go.

Six f*cking to-GO, bitches.

I need new pants.[/QUOTE]

Oi. I think I just found something worth waiting for after I get Castlevania today.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']that wouldn't even be possible on a DVD, unless *maybe* it was duallayered. i mean 13 discs on average (i'm guessing from what a normal cd can hold) 600 mbs a disc, that's almost 8 gigabytes of FF.[/QUOTE]

And espeically with the earlier ones (7, 8, etc.), the video can be comrpessed much more now adays with minimal quality loss compared to the original comrpession. Most of the data in these games comes from the FMVs.

daroga

[quote name='Amano']Oi. I think I just found something worth waiting for after I get Castlevania today.[/QUOTE]

NO YOU CAN'T HAVE MY OLD PANTS

Wtf. Weird people here on CAG. Pants-wanting-motherf*ckers....

III for DS is old news, but good news. And I don't need IV, V, and VI for another system, even if it is a handheld, but for people without Playstations (as if there are any) that is nice also.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']"Final Fantasy IV Advance will be released in North America on December 12" [/QUOTE]

OK, you got me. I didn't read the article and I thought that all three were going on one cart. Dare to dream...

[quote name='BIG5']III for DS is old news, but good news. And I don't need IV, V, and VI for another system, even if it is a handheld, but for people without Playstations (as if there are any) that is nice also.[/QUOTE]

I would prefer to have versions without loading times, plus all of these should have extra content that aren't in the PSone releases.

[quote name='BIG5']Yes, but for $30 a pop when you can get V and VI or IV and Chrono Trigger for $20?[/QUOTE]

2 words:

Load Times

Square has classically done 2 in one games. In Japan especially. So it's no surprise that they do this. No on to things that could actually happen.

Dragon Quest 5 remake, and other such games. If these do well hopefully these and some others will come stateside. I've played the classic SNES fan translated version and hope these and other Square, and Enix classics come over here. Plus RPG's can be played much quicker on a handheld. Like Golden Sun on my GBA, Just pull it out and level up. When I imported to GS 2 I had 80+ for Issac and crew. Highest level without cheating ever in an RPG.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I want Chrono Trigger for the DS.[/QUOTE]
What's wrong with Chrono Trigger for the GBA? (Not that that's going to happen either.)

[quote name='nwaugh']What's wrong with Chrono Trigger for the GBA? (Not that that's going to happen either.)[/QUOTE]
Nothing. I would happy to have Chrono Trigger for either the DS or the GBA.
Although if it was on the DS some Wi-Fi co-op would be nice.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Nothing. I would happy to have Chrono Trigger for either the DS or the GBA.
Although if it was on the DS some Wi-Fi co-op would be nice.[/QUOTE]

NO. Don't mess with perfection.

...although, adding wireless play to a game that already had co-op features, like Secret of Mana, would be a fantastic idea...

...or even, dare I dream it, Square finally bringing over Seiken Dentsu 3? Hell, they're bringing over FF3 finally, so why not?

[quote name='Blind the Thief']NO. Don't mess with perfection.

...although, adding wireless play to a game that already had co-op features, like Secret of Mana, would be a fantastic idea...

...or even, dare I dream it, Square finally bringing over Seiken Dentsu 3? Hell, they're bringing over FF3 finally, so why not?[/QUOTE]

Hell, Square is making Seiken Dentsu 4 and Children of Mana, that's reason enough to bring it over.

Thankfully, maybe I'll get around to grabing these FF's and playing them.

Here are some pics of FFIII

35editeurs20051005_152352_2_big.jpg

35editeurs20051005_152351_0_big.jpg

35editeurs20051005_152351_1_big.jpg

These are all gonna be must-buys for me. I just finished FF I+II for the GBA and I really enjoy the work square did in the 90's.

[quote name='daroga']2 words:

Load Times[/QUOTE]
If load times are worth $30 to you, you're not much of a cheap ass.

I wish they would have made them for the DS and just used the bottom screen for the menu system. And that way it will use all of the DS's screen.

[quote name='BIG5']If load times are worth $30 to you, you're not much of a cheap ass.[/QUOTE]

Because the whole portability thing doesn't count towards that.

Or the additions.

[quote name='BIG5']If load times are worth $30 to you, you're not much of a cheap ass.[/QUOTE]

Right... Load Times aren't really worth it so much as having a playable copy of the game. Come on, a load EVERY time you bring up the menu? They did a simply terrible job with that on the Playstation.

So, yes, additions and portability aside, I would pay $30 for a GBA version long before I would pay anything to play the botched PS versions.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Here are some pics of FFIII

35editeurs20051005_152352_2_big.jpg

35editeurs20051005_152351_0_big.jpg

35editeurs20051005_152351_1_big.jpg
[/QUOTE]

4colorrebellion.com is reporting that these pics may be from FF: Crystal Chronicles DS.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']4colorrebellion.com is reporting that these pics may be from FF: Crystal Chronicles DS.[/QUOTE]

you had free roaming in Crystal Chronicles. In both those battle shots, everyone is conveniently lined up.

My boyfriend just got me a DS today so yeah! I can play these. I hope they keep the challenge in FFIII. FFI+II on the GBA seems waaay too easy to me. I've been watching people playing it and yelling at them that they don't know how lucky they are and that it was much harder back in the NES days.

I was thinking FFIII was going to be little more than a port, but they've completely remade the game. :)

FF4-6 coming to the GBA is great news as well. They should really put all 3 on the same cart though, or at least put 2 of the 3 on one cart.

I am also of the group that is bound by God to buy any version of FFVI and Chrono Trigger, be it in hamster form or in game form.

I was expecting FFIII to be a port of the Wonderswan Color version, but it looks like they are actually putting some effort into this.

Cool, I just need FF3, and FF5 and I'll have them all. They'd both be very fun on the go due to their superior Job systems.

bread's done
Back