Final Fantasy - Multiple Endings?

polly

CAGiversary!
So my friend is trying to tell me that multiple endings are pretty common in Final Fantasy games. I'm pretty sure he's smokin crack as I've always thought that most Final Fantasy games follow the same formula and the story is pretty much linear with the possible exception of side missions. I did a quick google search and found FF X-2 has multiple endings, and FF 6 (3 US) has different characters with you at the end depending on who you picked up but that doesn't really count as far as changing the story.

What do you think? Are FF games traditionally linear, or do you know of any other FF games that have different endings? Seems to be more of the rare exception to me.

Maybe your friend got some Chrono Trigger mixed in with his Final Fantasy. All the ones I can think of off the top of my head have the same ending. Occasionally you have different people in your party when the end comes but that doesn't mean it's a different ending.

He's on crack. There are occasionally minute differences based on party members, but nothing fundamentally different in the way it plays out. The main exception is X-2, I believe.

So, yeah, he's either never beat many FF games, or he's thinking of Chrono Trigger. Call his bullshit.

bread's done
Back