Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - $19.99, plus more on sale at Circuit City

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
While doing some last minute Christmas shopping at Circuit City tonight I noticed several of the games had little red and white sale markers in front of them. Most of the sale markers indicated the sale was going on until at least 1/3/09. What's weird is the website is not currently reflecting the sale price that was listed on the markers, and this totally goes against their new policy of same price on the website and in store.

Anyway, here are the ones I remember seeing sale markers for:

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (DS) - $19.99
(OOS online)http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Fina...sem/rpsm/oid/216805/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Final Fantasy IV (DS) - $29.99
(OOS online)http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Fina...sem/rpsm/oid/215633/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Prince of Persia: The Fallen King (DS) - $14.99 *YMMV*

Soul Calibur 4 (PS3/360) - $29.99 *Price raised to $59.99 online*
(PS3)http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Soul...sem/rpsm/oid/203768/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

(360)http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Soul...sem/rpsm/oid/203769/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Golden Axe: Beast Rider (PS3) - $29.99

Devil May Cry 3 GH (PS2) - $4.99 *YMMV*
($9.99 online)http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Devi...sem/rpsm/oid/143916/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Star Ocean: First Departure (PSP) - $29.99
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Star...sem/rpsm/oid/225025/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Okami (Wii) - $19.99 (thanks SaraAB!)
(OOS online)http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Sear...keyword=okami&searchSection=All&go.x=9&go.y=4

There were also a few more I'm not remembering at this moment.

Can anyone else confirm this is going on at their local Circuit City (assuming it's a store that's not closing)? FYI, this was at the Wilmington DE (Concord Pike) store, though I don't think it's YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've checked my CC, and picked up Soul Calibur 4 and brought to CS desk for price check.. nope.. still at $59.99.

If it's a nationwide thing then it'll probably go into effect tonight when they update their computers. I guess we'll see...

Damnit. If this is true then I'll actually have to step into a circuit city once more. I want FFT A2.

I bought Soul Calibur IV for the Xbox 360 at $29.99 at the Circuit City in Encinitas, CA earlier today. Turned out it wasn't the game my brother wanted so I have to go return it now!

I keep seeing the prices on the PS3 version of Soul Calibur 4 go down, but the 360 version is still $50 new / $45 used everywhere! :bomb:

At that price I might check if any local CCs have FFTA2... I was kind of interested in that game, but not enough to pay full price especially given that it sounds like it is just on par or a little worse than FFTA (which I didn't enjoy as much as FFT).

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']I keep seeing the prices on the PS3 version of Soul Calibur 4 go down, but the 360 version is still $50 new / $45 used everywhere! :bomb:[/quote]

Check the Radio Shack clearance thread. Picked SC4 360 up last week for $20.

This may be a YMMV, but two of my local Wal Mart's have SCIV for PS3 in a bargain bin for $19.82. Also included was MGS4, Resistance 1, Heavenly Sword and Drake Uncharted.

What I'm wondering about is the whole Circuit City "same price online / in-store" policy now in place. FFTA2 shows up (out of stock) on their website for $29.99...not sure it's worth a wild goose chase unless there's some confirmation. Anyone get this deal?

Okami is 19.99 at CC right now in the stores, I just bought one yesterday, it was even stickered correctly. You can't buy it online but my store seemed like they had at least a few of them left, it was stuffed into a bin though so you probably will have to dig through a couple bins and check the normal game racks as well for this game. I know its been on sale a couple times at amazon but the lowest I have seen in a retail store ever has been 19.99. Gamestop has it for 24.99 new I think as well. Overall this is a great price for a great game!

I might check my local Circuit City this afternoon for FFTA2. Hopefully they still have copies and hopefully it's $19.99.

[quote name='*Deathblade2']thanks

I found a copy ffa2 for 19.99, and a wayward copy of final fantasy Revenant Wings for 13.57.[/QUOTE]

Is the price for RW YMMV? damn, I gotta go back!

I picked up Folklore PS3 and Hot Shots Golf Out Of Bounds PS3 at my local CC last night for $15.96 each. I have not been following the CC Clearance thread too closely so these may have been mentioned before but the store had about 6 copies of each.

[quote name='SaraAB']Okami is 19.99 at CC right now in the stores, I just bought one yesterday, it was even stickered correctly. You can't buy it online but my store seemed like they had at least a few of them left, it was stuffed into a bin though so you probably will have to dig through a couple bins and check the normal game racks as well for this game. I know its been on sale a couple times at amazon but the lowest I have seen in a retail store ever has been 19.99. Gamestop has it for 24.99 new I think as well. Overall this is a great price for a great game![/QUOTE]

Thanks for this info. While I don't think it was part of this sale (since it didn't have one of those sale markers), I'll add it to the OP since it's a recent price drop and a great one at that!

[quote name='UberNinjaz']FF 4 for $30 :)

***EDIT***

Amazon also has FF 4 for $30. Looks like I won't be stepping into Circuit City anytime soon.[/quote]

Get teh FFIV DSussszzusususz at teh overstock.com z for $19.99z :Dz

The main thing I saw at CC today was a price drop on the Fallout 3 PS3 CE. They dropped it in price to $59.99 down from $79.99. I didn't get the game for Christmas so I ended up picking it up. For the same price as the standard I couldn't pass it up.

I just confirmed the 360 version of Soul Calibur 4 is also scanning for $29.99 so I added it to the original post.

Anyone else having trouble getting the DS Prince of Persia for the sale price?

[quote name='Josef']Anyone else having trouble getting the DS Prince of Persia for the sale price?[/QUOTE]

Rang up full price here in Burbank, CA.

Confirmed FFTA2 $19.99 at the Houma, LA store. Only saw 1 other copy there behind some other games... didn't look for more after I found my copy though

[quote name='joe50000']Is the price for RW YMMV? damn, I gotta go back![/quote]

probably...i have found 16.96 universal, but 13.57 pricing YMMV

[quote name='*Deathblade2']probably...i have found 16.96 universal, but 13.57 pricing YMMV[/quote]

That's probably because there's a 20% off all clearence games going on right now

[quote name='Link927']That's probably because there's a 20% off all clearence games going on right now[/QUOTE]

I thought that started sunday...?

[quote name='joe50000']I thought that started sunday...?[/quote]

Nope, its in effect right now, I just got 20% off my clerence game purchases today.

I got a copy of A2 at Apex in NC. Thanks. I spoke to one guy and he said the 9.99 sale is on all clearance games from 12 - 17 dollars. They are mostly found in those wooden bins.

It only applies to clearance items. You can tell which are on clearance by looking at the price. If it ends in a 6 (e.g. $16.96), it's on clearance.

thanks OP. picked up a copy of FFTA2 at the CC on stevens creek in sunnyvale. there was one copy left. the label is marked as $29.99 but rang up at $19.99. too bad they were out of okami.

Picking up SCIV tomorrow, though I may bilk out a few extra bucks from price matches with Best Buy.

UPDATE: Best Buy was being a pain, i did get Soul Calibur IV for $28 through a price match. Apparently the look at the website first, even if you have a competing receipt with the price. The one I had didn't have a date on it and they wouldn't buy that i just came from there. Not immediately at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone confirm DMC3 for 4.99? It rang up 9.99 here in CT. Would the sale price come up when they total it maybe?

couldn't find any soul calibur IV in the woodbridge, VA circuit city (near potomac mills), but can confirm they had $20 okami wii there. There were quite a few xbox 360 soul calibur 4's in the springfield, VA store (across from springfield mall), and it rang up at 29.99 there. I want to say the SC4 limited edition had a price drop as well, but my magic number on that was 39.99, and i'm sure it wasn't that low. Is this a sale or a price drop? It lasted over a sunday, which leads me to believe the latter? Web price is still MSRP though.

[quote name='Shady3011']It only applies to clearance items. You can tell which are on clearance by looking at the price. If it ends in a 6 (e.g. $16.96), it's on clearance.[/quote]

Of course that's assuming things are marked correctly. In the case of games like Hot Shots and Lair, I had to ask them to open the damned case where they keep them. And sure enough they were labeled $59.99.

bread's done
Back