Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 announced... no details

chair_home

CAGiversary!
Feedback
82 (100%)
Jump (japanese magazine) has announced the "Ivalice Alliance", 3 games dealing with the world of Ivalice. Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings for DS, Final Fantasy Tactics - The Lion War (which may be an updated port) for PSP, and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2. Details are scarce for the last one, I don't even know if its for DS or GBA (though I'm assuming it'd be a DS game).

Here is a scan with the announcement:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5090564&postcount=1

No screens except for the PSP version :whistle2:(

[quote name='chair_home']Jump (japanese magazine) has announced the "Ivalice Alliance", 3 games dealing with the world of Ivalice. Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings for DS, Final Fantasy Tactics - The Lion War (which may be an updated port) for PSP, and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2. Details are scarce for the last one, I don't even know if its for DS or GBA (though I'm assuming it'd be a DS game).

Here is a scan with the announcement:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5090564&postcount=1

No screens except for the PSP version :whistle2:([/quote]

fuck to the yeah! I loved FFTA, and I have to say that a sequal is way overdue. :applause:

I hope a traditional FFT comes out for the DS...I don't want something like FFXII or an action game. FFTA was really good despite the crappy story.

Not be an ass, but if the title really is Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2, I'd say it's coming out for GBA. Square said a while ago they wanted to spread the love over all systems. Personally, I want a true sequel to the original FFT. Now I kind of wish I hadn't sold my PSP.... oh well, maybe I'll get it after a price drop on the both the game and system.

[quote name='LunaticPuma']Not be an ass, but if the title really is Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2, I'd say it's coming out for GBA. Square said a while ago they wanted to spread the love over all systems. Personally, I want a true sequel to the original FFT. Now I kind of wish I hadn't sold my PSP.... oh well, maybe I'll get it after a price drop on the both the game and system.[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt be suprised, there are millions of gbas in homes and ds owners could play it too

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2? Yes, please. That's very exciting news. I love that there's so much good stuff coming out for handhelds.

[quote name='LunaticPuma']Not be an ass, but if the title really is Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2, I'd say it's coming out for GBA. Square said a while ago they wanted to spread the love over all systems. Personally, I want a true sequel to the original FFT. Now I kind of wish I hadn't sold my PSP.... oh well, maybe I'll get it after a price drop on the both the game and system.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know the Advance implies its for GBA, but it seems like when it does come out, the system would be close to dead by then. Actually, I think I'm just hoping more than thinking.

I think that the 70ish hours i spent with the original are enough..

WOW! Square & Enix goes NUT on Handle market. Still no love for PSP ;)

FF I & 2 (GBA)
FF 3 (DS)
FF IV (GBA)
FF V (GBA)
FF VI (GBA) Next year
FFCC: Rings of Fates (DS) Unknow
FF XII (DS)
FFTA 2 (DS or GBA)
Dragon Quest IX (DS)

[quote name='jonlubbe']Much like advance wars dual strike is a gba game?[/QUOTE]

My exact thought.

Me thinks this Final Fantasy cash cow is going to dry up sooner, rather than later. I'll still buy all of these on launch day, along with a PSP.

[quote name='defiance_17']Me thinks this Final Fantasy cash cow is going to dry up sooner, rather than later. I'll still buy all of these on launch day, along with a PSP.[/QUOTE]

If it was going to dry up, it would have dried up after VIII/IX.

[quote name='Masterkyo']WOW! Square & Enix goes NUT on Handle market. [/quote]Your lack of an s, intentional or not, made me giggle.

[quote name='furyk']If it was going to dry up, it would have dried up after VIII/IX.[/QUOTE]

They weren't pumping them out this rapidly back then. Eventually people are going to stop caring (but probably not me).

[quote name='jonlubbe']Much like advance wars dual strike is a gba game?[/quote]

The advance in Advance Wars was more of a generic title to include the advance moniker in GBA games. Once it hit star status it basically was stuck with it as its title. Plus Nintendo games usually have the silly moniker in the latter part of the title, hence the AW: Dual Strike as opposed to Dual Strike Wars. FF is a well established franchise title already. The could probably would have called it FFT: Diligent Servant or something if it was meant for DS. Maybe they're keeping the advance in there if it's a continuation of the previous characters in some way, but I think they're simply diversifying their platforms like they said they would. I pray that it's on the DS.

[quote name='LunaticPuma']The advance in Advance Wars was more of a generic title to include the advance moniker in GBA games. Once it hit star status it basically was stuck with it as its title. Plus Nintendo games usually have the silly moniker in the latter part of the title, hence the AW: Dual Strike as opposed to Dual Strike Wars. FF is a well established franchise title already. The could probably would have called it FFT: Diligent Servant or something if it was meant for DS. Maybe they're keeping the advance in there if it's a continuation of the previous characters in some way, but I think they're simply diversifying their platforms like they said they would. I pray that it's on the DS.[/quote]

Am I the only one pulling for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Dirty Sanchez? :D

Yeah… I kinda thought I was…

bread's done
Back