Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I don't like RPGs too much - what are the chances that I will like this? I know it's a strategy game but it does have the FF name... Also, is it any good? Thanks!

first of all it is final fantasy tactics advance..... its not for everyone but i enjoy it, and it is somewhat like other ff's but not really.... in a league of its own IMO

FFTA doesn't have a driving storyline; it's more gameplay centered. If you like to carefully develop characters and have most of your strategy front loaded (i.e. pre-battle preparation), then you should be all over this game like white on rice.

Can you elaborate a little on what you don't like about RPGs? It would help to have a frame of reference, so we can tell you how FFTA plays in comparison.

Well, there's no waiting in line while fighting an opponent. However, you take control of troops in turnbased style and manuver them around a field, so i don't know if you'd like that.

Like I've said before:

"If there is one game you're going to get for the GBA, it has to be Final Fantasy Tactics Advance".

I don't have the time for RPGs anymore. The last console RPG I sat down and tried to play was FFVIII, but it bored me, and I never made it past the second disc. That said, I was almost afraid to ask for FFTA out of fear I'd never get around to playing it. After being a HUGE fan of FFT for PS1 I decided to try FFTA and I was not disappointed. I was absolutely engrossed in this game for weeks, if not several months. Since I've had it I've logged over 100 hours. I found it very easy to pick it up months later and just play a couple battles while relaxing, watching TV, etc.

If you haven't been into RPGs in the past I can't say you'll love FFTA, but I can't imagine how anyone could dislike the game. I give it a 9/10.

I can say, without a doubt, that this was the game that made me glad I got a GBA. I played it for hours. Of course I do like RPGs and loved the original FFT for PS1. Still I would recommend it if you like strategy games. It's simply well put together.

if you dont want to commit 50+ hours on a game [and thats considering you know how to play] id pass if i were you. and if you dont like rpg's. well than.

personally i loved this and its psx counterpart. yet nothing beats tactics ogre for psx.

Well, I'm big into RPG games and the Final Fantasy series, but I turly love FFTA a lot. It's easily my favorite GBA game. Well, if you can stand long battles, then you might like the game. It does take some patience, but it's what I love.

Some complain to me about the story not being too good, but I like it. Maybe not a FFVII type story, but good.

[quote name='Acrylic']Like I've said before:

"If there is one game you're going to get for the GBA, it has to be Final Fantasy Tactics Advance".[/quote]

I would agree. I've already sunk more than 60 hours into the game and I still haven't beaten it yet. I've had fun working on all the sidequests and such. I enjoy a challenge, but I have to say it's a satistfying feeling to have an army that runs through enemies like they weren't even there.

Bottom line: You should pick up FFTA. It's a great game with good replayability and content to engage you for a while.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I put 30 hours into it and traded it. I plan on getting it again as now I have the guide[/quote]

Amen to that. I beat it the game but I didn't fully complete all the sidequests before I traded it last year. I had my core group fully leveled and classed too. What a shame. :(

bread's done
Back