Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions: 14.99 used at EB

It'll be 15 bucks assuming someone traded in their copy of the game, otherwise the game has had an MSRP of 20 USD for a while now.

Also I already got my copy during the 2/20 thing at boxing day.

I picked it up a few days ago because someone recommended it for me... not very good so far, but who knows if it'll pickup. I just don't have time to play +50 hour games anymore.

Don't listen to the above poster, Final Fantasy Tactics is one of the greatest games of all time. Amazing story, characters, and world. The soundtrack is easily Sakimoto's best work and as a tactics game is stands as the best in its genre.

As much as I wanted to like it as well, I found the one for DS quite boring (and I assume all Tactics games are similar as I've played the first one for the DS as well, which was better than the second). I mean there were just far too many sidequests for me and the story was just...non-existent? I mean I probably put in 25 hours and there was just ... I guess you could put it as, so much of nothing to do. Every quest seemed pointless yet I always found myself underlevelled even if I put in hours on random sidequests with no meaning.

the "sequels" are horrible. do not judge the awesomeness of FFT based on those catastrophes. Every complaint you listed is non-existent in FFT.

Well, they did it to themselves by making such mediocre games when they new people new to the series would be playing for the first time on a Nintendo handheld. Don't know if you're talking about the old FFT titles, or this one for PSP, but if it is about the old, I guess I'd consider this analagous to Sonic games :p

[quote name='Spades22']As much as I wanted to like it as well, I found the one for DS quite boring (and I assume all Tactics games are similar as I've played the first one for the DS as well, which was better than the second). I mean there were just far too many sidequests for me and the story was just...non-existent? I mean I probably put in 25 hours and there was just ... I guess you could put it as, so much of nothing to do. Every quest seemed pointless yet I always found myself underlevelled even if I put in hours on random sidequests with no meaning.[/quote]

In fairness though, the PS1/PSP Final Fantasy Tactics is a far cry from the GBA/DS ones. The GBA/DS ones are 'final fantasy tactics' in name and genre only, but cash ins on the title after those points. Nothing more.

[quote name='Spades22']Well, they did it to themselves by making such mediocre games when they new people new to the series would be playing for the first time on a Nintendo handheld. Don't know if you're talking about the old FFT titles, or this one for PSP, but if it is about the old, I guess I'd consider this analagous to Sonic games :p[/quote]

Matsuno (the genius behind Ogre Battle, FFT, and Vagrant Story) had NOTHING to do with the nintendo tactics titles. So take that into account. The original (and in my book, only) Final Fantasy Tactics was on Playstation and then ported over to PSP recently. The port has some slowdown sadly, but the class addition and upgrades are pretty killer. It is also retranslated which increases its awesome, because the story is one of the best you'll ever experience.

Eh, FFTactics has got nothing on Matsuno's original turn and tile based rpg, Tactics Ogre, which btw runs much better on PSP than FFT emulated or this one.

In terms of tactical rpgs, you can find better on the PSP, or in the least something not nearly as broken.

bread's done
Back