Final Fantasy Versus XIII....Sick of waiting yet?

[quote name='tommythethumb']I got excited but then I happened to catch a glimpse of my Duke Nukem Forever box. I swear I heard chuckling.[/QUOTE]

You get poop thrown at you?

Hopefully the delay is because they are doing FFxiii style cutscenes. And not in game footage style of -2 and, you know, Gameplay and cutscenes. XIII series, is that too much to ask?

just came back from the future. The game sucks. It bored me. In retrospect, Duke Nukem Forever will go down as the misunderstood man of valor, while Final Fantasy Versus X Slash Douche Bells w Chains Shoes Uniforms and Nomura 13x10 will go down as the day emos get put where they belong. The trash.

[quote name='themaster20000']That's basically how I see Square,the PS1 was their system.All the good talent they had left after the Enix merger.[/QUOTE]

As far as creators when Matsuno left (after the FFXII debacle sent him to the hospital) and any chances for a Vagrant Story sequel disappeared, that pretty much killed any good will I had toward them, and if it wasn't for my stubborn devotion to FF (bought 13 and 13-2, even though I said I wouldn't, damn brand loyalty...) I wouldn't touch anything they developed anymore.

Just like Tri-Ace an excellent JRPG dev, I adore Resonance of Fate which Sega published, & Valkyrie Profile, but I think Infinite Undiscovery is not a very good game in comparison to those two.

sigh...

[quote name='uncle5555']As far as creators when Matsuno left (after the FFXII debacle sent him to the hospital) and any chances for a Vagrant Story sequel disappeared, that pretty much killed any good will I had toward them, and if it wasn't for my stubborn devotion to FF (bought 13 and 13-2, even though I said I wouldn't, damn brand loyalty...) I wouldn't touch anything they developed anymore.

Just like Tri-Ace an excellent JRPG dev, I adore Resonance of Fate which Sega published, & Valkyrie Profile, but I think Infinite Undiscovery is not a very good game in comparison to those two.

sigh...[/QUOTE]

Really? I'd go with RoF in that list. Too many bad gameplay decisions(a few bosses are way overpowered, the fact that all enemies build as you do makes grinding too complicated) , there are only two colors in the game, and the difficulty curve is ridiculous. I was waiting for that game since it was announced, I was hugely disappointed played it for like 15 hours and just traded it in. IU was underrated. It did nothing new and had one level that was as dumb as a box of rocks, but it had solid gameplay and a solid if not odd story.

I forget where, but I was reading an article of what has happened since this game was announced. The entire Assassin's Creed franchise was one that kind of blew my mind for a second lol. That and the punchline was Duke Nukem Forever released.

[quote name='Jodou']I forget where, but I was reading an article of what has happened since this game was announced. The entire Assassin's Creed franchise was one that kind of blew my mind for a second lol.[/QUOTE]
That's crazy to think about.

The only Final Fantasy games in the past decade that didn't have long, troubled development periods were X-2 and XIII-2. XII and XIII both flirted with major disaster and XIV was a major disaster. Just, what are they doing over there?

OK, I have to laugh at this. Are we seriously going to be on XIII-3 or XV before this game is out? They'll have to change the name to Versus XIII-XV. :lol:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']That's crazy to think about.

The only Final Fantasy games in the past decade that didn't have long, troubled development periods were X-2 and XIII-2. XII and XIII both flirted with major disaster and XIV was a major disaster. Just, what are they doing over there?[/QUOTE]

Bath salts? That would explain much, especially the 13-2 storyline

[quote name='6er']Bath salts? That would explain much, especially the 13-2 storyline[/QUOTE]
I think you're on to something here.

[quote name='6er']Really? I'd go with RoF in that list. Too many bad gameplay decisions(a few bosses are way overpowered, the fact that all enemies build as you do makes grinding too complicated) , there are only two colors in the game, and the difficulty curve is ridiculous. I was waiting for that game since it was announced, I was hugely disappointed played it for like 15 hours and just traded it in. IU was underrated. It did nothing new and had one level that was as dumb as a box of rocks, but it had solid gameplay and a solid if not odd story.[/QUOTE]

Didn't see this reply.

The main issue with people not liking RoF is that they don't stick with it and experiment with the battle system and get past the learning curve, I've had boss battles that were nail biters since my defense was broken my characters running around like idiots and I was like "Oh $#!@", then somehow I managed to get back into action and pulled off an impossible victory.

You have to seriously customize your guns, as they are the key to victory. Learning how to juggle, then slam opponents is another key to victory, setting up a Tri-Attack while not necessary helps as well, but it isn't easy to pull off. Break specific pieces and farm items is not something that you can do if you feel like it, you must do that to win, you need the parts that you craft from those pieces. If you look at some of the gun load outs for the golden weapons, they are insanely complicated (and very unrealistic as how a gun would work that way) but that's what makes the game so cool, that adding all of that stuff would make a gun so powerful, and that's where your edge in battle comes from.

And as of this moment, RoF is the only game I've bothered to platinum, because I loved it so much. Sure there is a lot of grinding in that game (mostly in the battle arena, which goes along way to helping mastering the battle system since you don't have to worry about a game over, and can power up your characters different skills fairly easily to level up)

I liked it because it tried something different and succeeded wildly. I'd argue that the learning curve is no different than Final Fantasy Tactics, I was really intimidated by it when I first played it after 10-20 hours I was rocking the battle system, shame more people couldn't or wouldn't give RoF a fair chance and also a shame we'll never see a well needed sequel to such a great game.

bread's done
Back