Final Fantasy VII (Added features including Achievments) Coming to STEAM

Poor2More

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/06/21/final-fantasy-vii-could-be-headed-to-steam/

Already own the best game ever on PSX, PSN and hopefully now on STEAM.

Few new features discovered via leak on FinalFantasyVIIPC.com (registered by SquareEnix on June 16, quickly took leak product description down.

-Achievements (36)
-Character Booster Items
-Cloud Saves

Thats all that was discuss via product description, possibly could be more since not officially announced yet.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/06/21/final-fantasy-vii-could-be-headed-to-steam/

So it's just the original release with achievements? Don't need to blow another 100 hours just to get steam achievements. =/

[quote name='GUNNM']So it's just the original release with achievements? Don't need to blow another 100 hours just to get steam achievements. =/[/QUOTE]

No one knows for sure, since Square took down the info.

Cheevos and Easy Mode, looks like. Certain optional quests notwithstanding, FFVII is not a terribly hard game, so the Character Booster thing has me somewhat baffled. is Squeenix putting them in for impatient people who probably wouldn't play RPGs anyway?

I'll most likely get it once/if it hits Steam, but we already have four copies of FFVII here, including two of the PC version, so what's another one? :lol:

Yeah it just seems like they're trying to entice more people with ez character mode. Maybe they're finally gonna make cait sith useful. I went there!

Since the PC version is considered somewhat rare, and no digital copies where ever distributed until this announcment, I will definitly get it.

Couple of things I hope is add (Wishful thinking)
-Higher Resolution Graphics
-Controller Support
-Possible Side-Quest

[quote name='Poor2More']Couple of things I hope is add (Wishful thinking)
-Higher Resolution Graphics
-Controller Support
-Possible Side-Quest[/QUOTE]
FFVII PC has always supported controllers, so that's no problem ;)

As for the other two... wouldn't bank on it.

What I'm curious to know is if hacks, mods, and asset viewers could still be used with a downloadable version.

I honestly don't know why I already have this game on PS1, PS3 and PC as I personally don't think it's as great as a majority of other final fantasy games. Otherwise this is still a nice thing to see as it means that more people will be able to play the game and perhaps this means there will be more older games from Square to come in the future on other platforms.

Hopefully, they find a way to make it look good on high def displays, since I use my 50" for gaming. I tried to play FF7 and Xenogears on my PS2 a few years ago and they both looked horrendous.

[quote name='aheineken']Hopefully, they find a way to make it look good on high def displays, since I use my 50" for gaming. I tried to play FF7 and Xenogears on my PS2 a few years ago and they both looked horrendous.[/QUOTE]

The PC version has always looked considerably better than the PSX versions, I wouldn't compare it to that. With that said, it still looks dated for a PC game.

Yay! Final Fantasy VII with paid DLC and achievements, with no actual changes to graphics, music or gameplay!

Good to know Square is working hard making quality products!

I've always thought the visuals held up quite well. The levels and backdrops look quite professional, and blocky characters are largely there just to carry text boxes.

Such a strange choice to make it exclusive to the SE store. So it'll basically have achievements that you can't share with anyone? Unless they do some sort of facebook integration...

bread's done
Back