Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children [Blu-ray] - Amazon $18.99!

MY ORDER SHIPPED OUT TODAY AND WILL BE ARRIVING TOMORROW! PRIME FTW!!! Can't wait considering ALL The reviews on this are AMAZING (and yes i've seen it already but i meant the reviews of all the extra content!!)

[quote name='animemaniac14']MY ORDER SHIPPED OUT TODAY AND WILL BE ARRIVING TOMORROW! PRIME FTW!!! Can't wait considering ALL The reviews on this are AMAZING (and yes i've seen it already but i meant the reviews of all the extra content!!)[/QUOTE]

Same here, I love my prime, I shall get it tomorrow morning = D

[quote name='the_punisher']I wonder if this has that movie of all the FFVII cutscenes, i really want to see that since i know i'll probably never play FFVII, but i'd still like to see the cutscenes.[/QUOTE]You're not really missing anything. FFVII was the first time that Square figured that they could show major plot points with cinematics, but they never really put much into it until FFVIII. But if you want to see the original scenes I'm sure you could youtube them (hopefully without Linkin Park music).

But I can't wait for my copy of AC, I ordered Serenity with it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It's on my Gold Box for $21.84 :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

It appeared in my Gold Box for about that price quite a few times over the past few months but I passed each time. I can wait for the next DD sale (if there is one) and it should end up a little cheaper, assuming they don't jack up the price for the sale. :roll:

I price matched Fry's online price of 21.99 at my local best buy. Still think its too much, but I could not wait...especially with ff7 coming out today on psn!

[quote name='Blumpkin']But if you want to see the original scenes I'm sure you could youtube them (hopefully without Linkin Park music).
[/QUOTE]

ROFLMAO, ain't that the truth! Don't know why so many people feel they have to ruin those cinemas with such... "music".

Wow. I got my copy from Amazon today. I didn't know the movie is nearly a half hour longer on the blu-ray release. Very nice, it looked awesome and the added scenes are mostly amazing. For those that haven't seen the new one, lets just say the highway chase scene is a little more crazy now. A must for FFVII fans.

[quote name='dios']Just curious , but does anyone have a picture of what the blu ray packaging of this movie looks like?

any hologram art? does it come with a slipcover?

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1245559473&sr=8-2 The art provided by amazon.com makes it seem like the top had a different border or something. I know its not the most important thing, im just a big nerd is all.[/QUOTE]

It comes with a slipcover, and I'm pretty sure the top part that is blacked out on amazon has some text. Don't quote me on that though

A slipcover hm? Anyone buy this off of amazon and come confirm it comes with it? Thinking about ordering one if so.

[quote name='dios']A slipcover hm? Anyone buy this off of amazon and come confirm it comes with it? Thinking about ordering one if so.[/QUOTE]

While I don't know if Amazon ships them with slipcovers or not, I do know for sure that there is a version with them. When I said don't quote me on that, I was referring to the part about the top artwork having text. I saw Advent Children on Blu at both Target and Best Buy today, and they both came with slipcovers.

I just wanted to confirm the slipcover part.

I just asked a friend who bought it who confirmed it comes with slipcover.

The reason i asked is because i went to bestbuy today and saw several copies of FF7:ACC on blu ray with no slip covers at all.

[quote name='dios']I just wanted to confirm the slipcover part.

I just asked a friend who bought it who confirmed it comes with slipcover.

The reason i asked is because i went to bestbuy today and saw several copies of FF7:ACC on blu ray with no slip covers at all.[/QUOTE]

I think Best Buy is on some sort of "Let's fuck over our customers" plan (with their Blu's at least). I saw Gran Torino earlier this week at Target with a slipcover. When I went to BestBuy today to buy it, none of their copies came with one (at both the stores I went to). It was also priced at $29.99 even though their website states that it should be on sale at $26.99.

I realized it's because theirs isn't the "Special Edition" with a Digital Copy. Either way, it's pretty bullshit if you ask me.

[quote name='lolwut?']I think Best Buy is on some sort of "Let's fuck over our customers" plan (with their Blu's at least). I saw Gran Torino earlier this week at Target with a slipcover. When I went to BestBuy today to buy it, none of their copies came with one (at both the stores I went to). It was also priced at $29.99 even though their website states that it should be on sale at $26.99.

I realized it's because theirs isn't the "Special Edition" with a Digital Copy. Either way, it's pretty bullshit if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

lol how is this pretty bullsh*t? If it wasn't the special edition...maybe it didn't come with a slip cover...you know...like from the factory? BB might not even have any power over this issue...

Here's a slipcover! ;)
DSCN0911.jpg

hey um since this is a thread about amazon i had a question about returning items to them. sry if this is wrong place but just had a question so i didnt want to make a new thread. how is their return policy like. cuz i returned infamous to them since i got it during the target b2g1 sale. they only refunded me 22 dollars. i bought it for 54 and they took out the shipping and a restocking fee that was like 27 dollars. is this correct or should i complain cuz that is crazy. i would of just kept it if i knew it was like that.

[quote name='dios']A slipcover hm? Anyone buy this off of amazon and come confirm it comes with it? Thinking about ordering one if so.[/QUOTE]

I bought mine from Amazon, it came with a slipcover.

[quote name='Magic24']hey um since this is a thread about amazon i had a question about returning items to them. sry if this is wrong place but just had a question so i didnt want to make a new thread. how is their return policy like. cuz i returned infamous to them since i got it during the target b2g1 sale. they only refunded me 22 dollars. i bought it for 54 and they took out the shipping and a restocking fee that was like 27 dollars. is this correct or should i complain cuz that is crazy. i would of just kept it if i knew it was like that.[/QUOTE]

Contact them. There's no way they should have kept $27.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Contact them. There's no way they should have kept $27.[/QUOTE]

ok thanx man i though they would just charge me the shipping

[quote name='riddler']lol how is this pretty bullsh*t? If it wasn't the special edition...maybe it didn't come with a slip cover...you know...like from the factory? BB might not even have any power over this issue...[/QUOTE]

I thought it was bullshit because the movie just came out and they are already selling nerfed copies, and not even at their listed sale price.

ok ill go with amazon then.

stopped by wal-mart today. didnt know walmart online prices dont reflect in store prices.

anyway they had like 10 copies of this on blu. 7 without slip covers, 3 with. and they are in the plastic casing.

So, it seems random.

[quote name='Thedrknss48']I bought mine from Amazon, it came with a slipcover.[/QUOTE]
I placed an order with Advent Children Complete included on 8/5 and it shipped out on 8/10. I received it today and I did NOT get a slipcover. Not sure if anyone who places an order now with the price drop will get one either. Just a head's up.

I sent an e-mail to Amazon's customer service requesting an exchange/return for the sake of the slipcover. Wonder if they'll acknowledge it?

[quote name='Raye']I placed an order with Advent Children Complete included on 8/5 and it shipped out on 8/10. I received it today and I did NOT get a slipcover. Not sure if anyone who places an order now with the price drop will get one either. Just a head's up.

I sent an e-mail to Amazon's customer service requesting an exchange/return for the sake of the slipcover. Wonder if they'll acknowledge it?[/QUOTE]

Same here. I ordered AC with some other stuff on 8/8, it shipped out 8/9, and I also did NOT get a slipcover. I was kinda disappointed, but its not too big of a deal to me.

[quote name='Raye']I sent an e-mail to Amazon's customer service requesting an exchange/return for the sake of the slipcover. Wonder if they'll acknowledge it?[/QUOTE]

lol.

IMO it's not worth it to ship it back to Amazon and wait for another copy. Just buy one with a slipcover whenever you end up going to a store that sells Blu's, and then return the one Amazon sent you.

Wow, I never thought I'd hear about people complaining that their movie DIDN'T come with a stupid cardboard cover. It's the same thing that's on the cover, it's just copied onto a piece of cardboard. I immediately throw them away; they're just one useless thing between me and watching the movie when I want to. They're only worthwhile for retail stores so they can draw your eye to the movie on the shelf with their shiny finish. But whatever, I guess you guys are hardcore super-fans. Good luck getting Amazon to send you another one just for that.

Why would I pay for a nefed copy of Advent Children that has the FFXIII Demo removed? If Square wants to screw over its American customers we should give it right back to them. Download it off bittorrent and show them we don't stand for this type of sh!t.

[quote name='lolwut?']IMO it's not worth it to ship it back to Amazon and wait for another copy. Just buy one with a slipcover whenever you end up going to a store that sells Blu's, and then return the one Amazon sent you.[/QUOTE]

The UPCs are theoretically the same so no reason why this wouldn't work. They usually have a slit in the cover even, and not a UPC on the actual slipcover, to keep people from sticking a more expensive movie inside.

I can't say I'm much for slip covers. I feel they're a bit obtrusive on the shelf since not all releases have them, and would rather the release not come with it, but don't feel strongly enough to throw it out. I did, however, just pick up the X-men Coll 1 and the 3-D touches make it look very nice. But most of the time it's just a rehash of the cover art and I could honestly care less.

Just a rec that if I wanted FF:AC being a bit obtrusive, their are steelbooks out there. I bet those are nice.

Kind of disappointed to hear this may not be coming with a slip cover. Don't ask me why, but I really like slip covers, they look so much more...official, for some reason. Unfortunately, it would probably bother me enough to do what lolwut? suggested and swap it out at Best Buy or something.

I wasn't gonna reply since this thread was kinda dead and then revived but I ordered mine on July 21, 2009 it arrived July 24, 2009 and I DID RECEIVE a slip cover

Amazon acknowledged my request and allowed me to exchange. My new copy is already shipping and I just have to send back the one I have. (It's free to do so BTW since Amazon provides the mailing label.) If I don't get it this time since I wonder if the people who pack the items even know what I'm talking about, then odds are that Amazon has run out of copies with the slipcase. Perhaps the slipcase was exclusive to the first release of the BD.

And personally I think that if I don't get a slipcase that normally comes with an item, I feel gyped.

I had the same problem, but all the slipcovers left at the Target and Best Buy stores I checked were all banged up with fucked up corners. It's unfortunate that I need everything mint.

I didn't realize there were slip cases with these. I ordered one from DD during the sale and the one I finally got (the 1st one was lost/stolen/shipped to the wrong address... I never got it) didn't have a slip case. If I knew, I would've exchanged it but I already opened it. Oh well.

[quote name='Xtreem813']Wow, I never thought I'd hear about people complaining that their movie DIDN'T come with a stupid cardboard cover. It's the same thing that's on the cover, it's just copied onto a piece of cardboard. I immediately throw them away; they're just one useless thing between me and watching the movie when I want to. They're only worthwhile for retail stores so they can draw your eye to the movie on the shelf with their shiny finish. But whatever, I guess you guys are hardcore super-fans. [/QUOTE]

Checkout the Ironman Blu Ray without the cardboard cover. *shiver*

This was part of the b2g1f sale (not sure if it's still running).

Good eye candy movie that really shows off blu. \m/

Got mine today and I did receive a slip cover, although it was shipped from their shithole KY warehouse so it's a little beat up around the edges...

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Got mine today and I did receive a slip cover, although it was shipped from their shithole KY warehouse so it's a little beat up around the edges...[/QUOTE]
What the heck? I received my replacement copy today and I still didn't receive a slipcase. *sigh* Guess I'm just going to go to Best Buy, buy another copy, then return it without the slipcase a few days later.

Edit: I sent an e-mail to Amazon CS about this and received a response saying that if I can find the BD at a local retailer with the slipcase, they'll reimburse me the entire cost. So uh... Basically, Amazon is paying me to buy from their competition and giving me an extra copy of Advent Children on BD? Score.

Edit 2: Couldn't find FF7:ACC at ANY stores. (WTH, is this a niche title or something? -_-) Contacted Amazon. They refunded me the cost of FF7:ACC that I bought from them and told me to keep it. So I got it for free. Yay for Amazon CS. Damn that slipcase, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back