Final Fantasy VII Remake for the PS3? Me thinks Hell has frozen over...

No need for a graphical update? I don't know about anyone else, but the graphics on early Playstation games were pretty crude. After watching Advent Children, I popped the game back in to give it another go after a good few years.

I can't stand looking at this game. I didn't much like it 8 years ago either. (and 8 years is closer to 10 then 5 years). I never was a die-hard fan of this game, but in all honesty, I wouldn't mind paying a little bit extra cash to play this "okay" game that doesn't feature crude legomen as the cast.

And I'm not what one would consider a "graphics whore"... I love my Intellevision games dearly. I am just a strong beleiver in the idea of "if your game isn't appealing or non-cumbersome to look at, do it another way". A good example of this is the Romancing SaGa remake that just game out. Fun game... I just can't stand looking at the character avatars. They make my eyes want to bleed. There are far better ways to go "chibi" without going ugly.

But bottom line, like I said, is that I'd prefer a remake over a port, and I think FFVII is prime for a remake (thought I doubt I'd buy a whole PS3/PS4/PSXIX to play just that).

I never played the original FFVII, I jumped into the series at VIII and loved every game since then (except X-2 -_-) so if there is a remake I think it'd be awesome. I'd totally buy it since everyone says the original is t3h shiz.

I would buy this in a second too. I'm a sucker for a tricked out remake of a game I love. I keep hoping Nintendo remakes LttP in full 3D with next-gen graphics. There's like 10 dungeons in that bitch!

[quote name='javeryh']I would buy this in a second too. I'm a sucker for a tricked out remake of a game I love. I keep hoping Nintendo remakes LttP in full 3D with next-gen graphics. There's like 10 dungeons in that bitch![/QUOTE]

That would be cool! You slut!

More side quests, maybe a new battle mechanic, new materia, new Weapon bosses, expand the Golden Saucer, there is a lot they could do to add more content. The story and planning are all done. That's generally the hardest part. Any putz in a basement can make a pretty picture, however, they have a story with characters they know people will love.

However, they've been talking about a remake since the PS2. As far as 'extra time'... where the hell do you just come across 5 years that you just don't know what to do with?

id love this...cleaned up graphics, maybe a few new side quests that go more in depth w/ the story

i dont know about voice acting...id be scared it would suck

[quote name='Tromack']Wow, the chance to play a crappy game twice? Sign me up for officially hating Square.[/QUOTE]

"OMG I'm so witty I can't wait to tell all my friends about this thread-turd I just laid LOLOLOL"

Something that was brought up to me by a coworker is what if the tech demo was actually the game... It was being made as a launch title for the PS3 so it takes away from the planned Halo 3 launch. I think it would take a few sales from that.

there'd be alot of money in it for them if they did it, no doubt about it , but i think a psp -port would be nice as i think the game selection for psp is rather weak..that would help the system tremendously , but remake...dont really care about, i mean the game was great and all..but focus on something else :p!!!....heh..id still buy one of they made it...but its not top -priority so to speak

[quote name='Vegan']"OMG I'm so witty I can't wait to tell all my friends about this thread-turd I just laid LOLOLOL"[/QUOTE]

Wow, some board newbie who thinks he's great. I love this ignore function.

[quote name='Roufuss']PSP port + updated graphics = lots of PSP's sold.[/QUOTE]

And history shall be repeated.

There always is that Crisis Core coming out, though I doubt that it would have nearly as much selling power as the original.

[quote name='The VGM']Square (like everyone else) likes money.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually pretty sure that's false. If it were true, we'd have seen a non-poorly done port of Chrono Trigger at some point. Seriously, they could bring that out, as it was on the SNES for the GBA, DS, PSP, or heck even as a budget title on one of the consoles and make a butt-load of money... for the cost of printing the box and making the carts/discs.

Ah, well. The FF7 tech demo was cool. I think I'd rather have a playable new FF game, though.

[quote name='daroga']I'm actually pretty sure that's false. If it were true, we'd have seen a non-poorly done port of Chrono Trigger at some point. Seriously, they could bring that out, as it was on the SNES for the GBA, DS, PSP, or heck even as a budget title on one of the consoles and make a butt-load of money... for the cost of printing the box and making the carts/discs.

Ah, well. The FF7 tech demo was cool. I think I'd rather have a playable new FF game, though.[/QUOTE]

Square re-released Chrono Trigger for the PS1, which sold a good amount, despite the semi-bad emulation (When I play it, I hope not to press the menu button, as the loading is bad!).

EDIT: I didn't read the part bolded, when I posted this. A new port of Chrono Trigger is needed!

bread's done
Back