Final Fantasy VII

kratos1010

CAGiversary!
I've been hunting down a copy of FFVII for a while now, and I finally got my hands on it this past week. I was at Game Underground by Tufts University in Massachusetts. There, in the glass display, was a copy of FFVII for only $30!

Of course I got it!
:lol:

If it was black label and complete not bad, but the price on this tanked ever since PSN release. $30 is pretty common selling point.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I got mine in 2004 for $5. Sealed. Do I win?[/QUOTE]

You do win! How would you like to quintuple your monies?? $30 shipped ;)

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']You do win! How would you like to quintuple your monies?? $30 shipped ;)[/QUOTE]

Ha! No thanks!

Actually, I wish I was into flipping back then. They must have had 20 copies at that store, all green label, at a time when the green label version was going for $50+ on eBay. I could have made a mint just for being El Hoardo for a day.

I remember they had a bunch of copies of Gran Turismo for $5, too, but that's not worth anything :lol:

I would've grabbed all of those copies in a heartbeat if I were you, Chairman. The one Kmart around here still had copies of FF Tactics and FFVII(both GH green label)in the case up until two or so years ago when they moved their cases to another wall in electronics. Then they disappeared. I think they only wanted $20 each for them too and this was back when FFVII was still going for much bigger money.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Ha! No thanks!

Actually, I wish I was into flipping back then. They must have had 20 copies at that store, all green label, at a time when the green label version was going for $50+ on eBay. I could have made a mint just for being El Hoardo for a day.

I remember they had a bunch of copies of Gran Turismo for $5, too, but that's not worth anything :lol:[/QUOTE]

I remember being in community college in the early 2000's and seeing FF7 at fleas for $7. I seriously expected the price to stay down since they made a gazillion copies.

I'll never forget though how my Dad used to pick up stuff from Goodwill and elsewhere now and then back when I was completely stupid. He found me a complete Wild Arms for 50 cents; now that's love. :cool:

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I remember being in community college in the early 2000's and seeing FF7 at fleas for $7. I seriously expected the price to stay down since they made a gazillion copies.[/QUOTE]

I didn't really expect it to be worth anything, either. It sold millions, we should be tripping over them, right? :lol:

Kind of related note, the knowledge I've gained about video game prices has kept me out of some bad deals. Recently, my friend said he'd sell me his complete Chrono Trigger for $60. I figured once I saw it, I could talk him down to maybe $45, but I was otherwise excited for the deal. When I got to his house, he pulled out a complete Japanese copy. Nowhere near worth $60, or even $45. I bailed on it, but if I was offered the same deal in, say, 2003, I would have jumped at the chance. It's all thanks to CAG.

That ended way too sappy.

I still remember seeing sealed GH copies of FFVII for $15 and FFT for $6 back in 2004. Should've have picked them up. :/ Least I found a mint used copy at EB for $9. :)

[quote name='Brian9824']If it was black label and complete not bad, but the price on this tanked ever since PSN release. $30 is pretty common selling point.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to the Book & Music Exchanges - those stupid gits still want $75 for black label and $50 for GH.

I found my black label FF7 for $2 about 3 weeks ago... My wife walks over to the garage sale a blokc away to look for stuff... Comes back and tells me I may want to go over because "they have some video game stuff"... I almost decided to not bother because I thought it'd just end up being sports games, or Xbox stuff... I decide what the heck and walk over... First thing I see is FF7.... Second thing I see is Marvel Vs. Capcom 2... Each for $2... FF7 was complete... MvC2 is missing its manual :(

Totally made my day though...

bread's done
Back