Final Fantasy X-2: Any good?

If you're not expecting a game that's as epic and serious as FFX, you'll probably like it. It's really happy and tries to be obnoxiously cute, and that's a turn-off for a lot of people. The gameplay is really fun, though, and I personally think it's well worth playing. One of the more interesting FF combat systems.

It totally blows.

It was my first final fantasy and my last. I don't care what people say about this series, after playing something this obnoxious that series is done for me.

The combat is excellent and there a bunch of addictive minigames. The story is awful, though. It's like an overblown fan fiction, although not as gratuitous as Advent Children.

[quote name='camoor']It was my first final fantasy[/quote]

FFX-2 really isn't a good representation of the rest of the series, but you seem to have your mind made up.

The one thing that really turned me off (aside from Paine and the corny singing) was that my party was taking out Iron Giants along one of the first paths.

Iron Giants are supposed to be one of the most powerful creature in FF lore... Yuna shouldn't be able to kill it in two shots with her BB gun.

As a huge FFX fan I would say: it's good enough. Shamefully they've done away with FFX's battle system, but jobs & skills etc. are fun too. And its very fast.

The story's mediocre for the most part,
and if you've played Dirge of Cerberus, you'll see firsthand where it (DC) ripped off several of its ideas from.
However, the gameplay's awesome, as is the overall lighthearted tone (a nice break from the usual Emofests of the FF series). It's structured in a fairly non-linear fashion and there's tons of optional quests, some of which can be quite difficult. I actually liked it more than FFX.

[quote name='willardhaven']The one thing that really turned me off (aside from Paine and the corny singing) was that my party was taking out Iron Giants along one of the first paths.

Iron Giants are supposed to be one of the most powerful creature in FF lore... Yuna shouldn't be able to kill it in two shots with her BB gun.[/quote]

I actually liked that. By the end of FFX, Iron Giants were as frightning as tumbleweeds. Even though you start off as lvl 1. in X-2, it doesn't feel like you are weak and defenseless.

Anyway, buy FFX-2 for the battles not the story. If you like the world of FFX you might get a kick of seeing what happened afterwards. The battle system is the real gem of the game with in-battle job switching with henshin sequneces. The seqences can be shortened with a menu option when they get annoying.

I just got it from Goozex a couple weeks ago. Only have played so far to the first save point, but it seems cool. I played the crap out of FFX so I would figure I would like this one as well. Graphics are good, gameplay is diffrent you can change outfits and stuff. Like in the begining Rikku and Pain (stupid name) can change into either a thief or warrior or something like that, and Yuna changes into i think a dancer. Its just so you can do diffrent abilites and so forth.
The game definetly gives off that J-Pop feel though. I guess SquareSoft was trying to bring in more of the female gamers or something. If you can get past the girly aspects of the game its pretty good.

Do you like Active Battle System FFs? If you do, you'll prolly love this game. The story and atmosphere isn't that great, except from an artistic standpoint. But it's the battle system that SELLS the game. FAST, and loads of customization and options for the girls via the job system.

I've seen it selling for $15 new at lotsa places, BB, CC, and elsewhere. I think it's worth it if you enjoy FFs for the battle systems, story good or not. Plus its fun to run around Spira after you saved the poor bastards from slugzilla, errr... Sin.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']if you liked FFX, I think you will enjoy FFX-2

it's a quality game[/quote]

I am sorry but no just no.

Sure FFX-2 is a continuation of the story.
But asside from having returning characters (not called CID) FFX-2 really really sucks.

The battle system is more fast pace but the story is just fanservice and horrible fan fiction.

bread's done
Back