Final Fantasy XI question

shadylane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
i'm going to start playing final fantasy next week once my finals are done....i wanted to know what job to start as and ideas? and if people are playing this game to post they're name and server

it depends on if you like melee or spell casting more. If you like both, red mage isn't a bad start. It will get you used to both sides of the game.

I'm Fuzzyone on Ragnarok

33 rdm
25 whm
15 blm
5 war
9 thf

You first job doesn't determine what you can choose as an advanced job or subjob. You can play WHM and go RNG, or MNK and go SMN.

It's all up to you.

depends what you think you'd like, if you're a white mage, you'll easily find parties, but there's no sense in doing a job you'll hate.

I started as a warrior and I love it, I got myself up to lvl 18, then went onto my sub job as a monk. Once I hit lvl 30 I plan on doing the dragoon quest for my advanced job. The server I'm on is on my sig. Shoot me a PM if you end up on there.

if you do it right, it takes a few days to get to level 20. shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 weeks to get to level 30 have a good level subjob since you have time. I'm definitely overestimating the time it takes here.

I began playing it on 4/11, had the WAR up to 18 and got my subjob on 5/22, I only got to play it a couple days a week also. If you devote enough time, you can get up there quick. I took time to do some quests and stuff like that too, and you will need the money. I also recommend you start selling at the auction house immediately, that's where you can make you money.

I chose a WAR as my job because, like I said, I want to be a DRG eventually. I chose the MNK as my subjob because it will get me a boost in HP as well as counter attacks and stuff like that. I plan on getting my MNK to lvl 15 then going back to my WAR, who will not only be able to wear decent armor, but also have some of those monk like skills and I will be one killer Tank.

I am a Galka, it's nice too because they already begin with a good amount of HP, but I'm far from unstoppable, but if the PT is good some damage can be dished out.

Max, I did update my sig, sorry if I sound confused, but what do you mean by OUR sig?

[quote name='shadylane']what race are you cause if your a galaka or somthing like that then your unstoppanle force[/quote]

As long as you know what you are doing, you WILL be an unstoppable force regardless of race. I'm a Taru Red Mage, and I always get important spells and armor ASAP. Often times my armor is so up to date that my defense will exceed the group's tank, and they'll ask me to tank instead (not a good idea by any means, but I'm making a point). Just figure out what you wanna do in the game, and do everything you can to learn how to do that properly. Just make sure that you can handle the responsibility given to you, never pretend that you know how to do something.

Here are a couple of good sites with plenty of info:

http://ffxi.killvoid.com/

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/

BTW, if you end up on Fairy server, give Ledhed a /tell. I'll do anything I can to answer any questions you may have.

[quote name='danh920']I am a Galka, it's nice too because they already begin with a good amount of HP, but I'm far from unstoppable, but if the PT is good some damage can be dished out.

Max, I did update my sig, sorry if I sound confused, but what do you mean by OUR sig?[/quote]

it was a typo, I meant YOUR =)

cuz it says level 11 (your char)

god dammit is anyone on kujata server here?
if you are gonna be a warrior/monk i suggest a galka or a hume.
i am an elvaan, lvl 27 warrior/ 13 black mage from sandy.
people from sandy we need to start the expeditionary force goin. bastok is gaining alot of control and its just inexcusable. if you are rank 3 talk to your gate gaurd about it.
if anyone is on kujata please pm me. or send me a tell in the game. name's Jaiden. especially if you are a high lvl whm!

my monk is a lvl 11, I just have my sig set to what my main job is, hopefully by the end of this upcoming long weekend, I'll have the MNK at 15 and I'll be back to lvling the WAR

[quote name='shadylane']i'm thinking of going on the fairy server isn't there a trick to end up on a certain server?[/quote]

You are automatically placed on a random server unless you have a world pass given to you by another player from that server.

By the way, My character name: "second" on Unicorn server.

Titan Server here and yeah if you dont have a world pass than u will be placed on a random server. If you have any buddies that you wanna play with tell them to get a world pass so you can play with them and they will give u a number that you type in at the character creation screen to get on the server.

Karnak
Titan Server
City of Bastok
29 Monk / 12 War

Or you can always just keep recreating your character untill you end up on the right server like I did.

Worldpass be damned!

...pardon me I'm just really sleepy...

bread's done
Back