Final Fantasy XII Limited Edition Preorder

psincubus

CAGiversary!
Gamestop:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=281613

EBGames:
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=281613

Tentative Release Date: 10/31/2006

If this is anything like the MGS 3: Subsistence LE get your orders in now.

Details:

The Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition for the PS2 is a Gamestop/EB Games EXCLUSIVE title!

The Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition will be packaged in a steel case and includes a Collector's DVD with the following contents:

* Developer's Interviews
* History of Final Fantasy featurettes
* Final Fantasy XII U.S. Trailers
* Final Fantasy XII Japan Trailers
* Final Fantasy Art Gallery

Edit: Thanks to Shrike for the free shipping codes:

EBGames use SAVER
Gamestop use FREESHIPALL

You may need to follow eb's or gamestop's link on the home page of cheapassgamer to get the codes to work.

[quote name='SlaughterX']So how many of you are going to the midnight release?[/QUOTE]

My GS isn't even having a midnight release. Doesn't matter though, I have to be up studying all night for my Hist12 exam the next day. XD

[quote name='SlaughterX']So how many of you are going to the midnight release?[/quote]

I'll be there, going after work. One of the guys that works there said to expect about 50 people dressed like Cloud.

I'm hoping to see a hot chickie dressed like Quistis, that'd be nice. Not counting on it, but one can dream.

[quote name='SlaughterX']So how many of you are going to the midnight release?[/quote]

I am. I will probably bring a TV and some games (I don't feel comfortable bringing systems).

Man, Circuit City has the regular version for $38, and BB has a free art book with purchase. makes me want to get a CC sales ad and bring it in to BB for a price match and get the ebst of both worlds, but I want the CE!

I just received the vaguest voicemail on my cellphone from GameStop reminding me that my preorder was ready for pickup.

In the *automated* message, it told me to pay off my preorder because the game was going to sell out fast. It told me to buy the guide as well to save 20%. It told me the phone number of the gamestop I preordered it at and that's it.

The message didn't even tell me what game it was. What happened to the personal calls from a store employee?

[quote name='spidey']I just received the vaguest voicemail on my cellphone from GameStop reminding me that my preorder was ready for pickup.

In the *automated* message, it told me to pay off my preorder because the game was going to sell out fast. It told me to buy the guide as well to save 20%. It told me the phone number of the gamestop I preordered it at and that's it.

The message didn't even tell me what game it was. What happened to the personal calls from a store employee?[/QUOTE]
I have been getting the automated computer "female" voice on GS calls for months now.

I preorder my copy at Gamestop. Is there a difference between preordering the regular from the CE? I told the guy I wanted the CE, but on the recipt he gave me it just says the name of the game. Do I have a reserved copy of the CE?

[quote name='Blackout542']I preorder my copy at Gamestop. Is there a difference between preordering the regular from the CE? I told the guy I wanted the CE, but on the recipt he gave me it just says the name of the game. Do I have a reserved copy of the CE?[/quote]

It usually cuts off the CE part on the reciept. You can call them and verify which version they preordered.

I can't wait to pick up my CE at Gamestop on Tuesday. It's already paid in full, so I just gotta drop by and pick it up. When I placed my preorder, I was told that there might be a midnight release, but the Gamestop I preordered at is in a mall. Is it possible for a midnight release from a mall store?

Is anybody actually going to go to a midnight release? I might head on over if they're actually doing it since the gamestop is like a minute away, but I'm not going to wait in line for an hour or whatever.

[quote name='bassec']I'm confused...it says "Available Tuesday" here:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/category.do?catOid=-16481&N=20012841+20016481&c=1

Which is it, 11/2 or Tuesday?[/QUOTE]

I would at least call first thing on Tuesday. This game is kind of like Halo 2. Everyone all has their copies, they're justn ot supposed to break release date. Whereas normal non-mega releases seem to get shipped to the stores on Tuesday, and don't actually make it until Wednesday or Thursday.

So unless Circuit City is holding it in the back or were told not to sell it until Wednesday, they may be able to do so. Or it may be YMMV. Either way, I'd go ahead and check.

I'm going to the midnight launch, but I don't think I'll get there too early. I'll probably show up at 11:45, unless they're going to have prizes or something.

I don't have any friends who are into this sort of thing, so I'll have to go it alone. And I can't shake the stereotypical image of the type of person who would actually go to one of these things (i.e. every fucking customer I've ever seen at GameStop). I swear, I'm the only halfway normal person in my city who's even remotely hardcore into gaming (no offense, guys--I'm sure you feel the same way).

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']I can't wait to pick up my CE at Gamestop on Tuesday. It's already paid in full, so I just gotta drop by and pick it up. When I placed my preorder, I was told that there might be a midnight release, but the Gamestop I preordered at is in a mall. Is it possible for a midnight release from a mall store?[/quote]

Yeah my GS is in a mall. I called today to see how it was gonna go and she said that only one of the doors to the mall will be open and that GS will open at 11.

[quote name='rcaido']Oh crap i cant find my receipt...Do i need that to pick up a pre-order of FFXII...I already paid in full...[/QUOTE]
I don't think the receipt is needed, but I'm probably wrong. When I paid off my copy all they asked for was the phone number I had on file, nothing else. Maybe it's needed when the game is picked up.

[quote name='defiance_17']I'm going to the midnight launch, but I don't think I'll get there too early. I'll probably show up at 11:45, unless they're going to have prizes or something.

I don't have any friends who are into this sort of thing, so I'll have to go it alone. And I can't shake the stereotypical image of the type of person who would actually go to one of these things (i.e. every fucking customer I've ever seen at GameStop). I swear, I'm the only halfway normal person in my city who's even remotely hardcore into gaming (no offense, guys--I'm sure you feel the same way).[/QUOTE]

Haha, I know how you feel. I wouldn't bother going to my midnight thing except for my GS is only 3 blocks away. I have a couple friends who go are into it but don't live close enough to my hood to justify being there at midnight just for this.

Although I have to admit my GS seems pretty normal most of the time thankfully, but I'll see for sure once I go to this thing.

Man, I kind of wish they didn't do the midnight thing. This is a bad week for me - not sure if I'll be able to get to the EB I preordered this at (about 20 miles away) until Wednesday, at the earliest. Mine is paid in full, so presumably they will hold it for me (they've told me this in the past).

I just finished Kingdom Hearts and started Kingdom Hearts 2 - so I'm certainly in no hurry to play the game :D. Zelda will be going into the rotation on the 19th, so it might be January before I get fo FF XII.

I will pick up my copy tomorrow at midnight along with LE guide!

several stipulations:

1) All the "new" employees at the local eb have been replaced with garden shed tools, that and the new manager is very rude to both her employees and customers ;/

2) I feel kinda jipped in that the LE game is $60 (I traded in a bunch of stuff for credit) when the regular is under $40 at Fry's/CC, I will never use the extras stuff but it's just "nice to have"

3) With gears of war hot in its heels and ps3/wii pre-order madness It's hard for me to focus on what's important.

4) I work now more than ever before + I have exams all week... great.

-Sorry just had to let it all out somewhere ;)

Sorry, but I have not been following the Final Fantasy Series since the version that came with the HDD for the Playstation 2, can anyone tell me if this version will be available for Xbox360 like FF-XI.........

#-o

[quote name='obijuan71']can anyone tell me if this version will be available for Xbox360 like FF-XI.........[/quote]

nope, it most likely will stay exclusive.

Up In Canada, I traded in Madden 06, Brain Age and Katamari Damacy for a free copy of FFXII Collectors Edition from a trade 3 get it free deal. IGN says it's the best RPG of the year for the PS2, Famitsu gave it perfect scores, etc.

I can't wait!

I can't wait. I actually need to go in a bit to finish paying it off so yeah. Then I'll get it at the midnight release. I'm psyched I tell ya.

I can't wait to go pick it up, I've been waiting for this game since it was announced. FF Tactics and Vagrant Story are 2 of my favorite games so when I heard that FFXII was being developed by the same team I was even more psyched. What's even sweeter is that Children of Mana is also coming out. Two great SE games on the same day what a treat.

who else is going for the midnight pick up? or whose stores are doing it. it appears mine are not doing midnight pick up. just want to know whose else is.

[quote name='integralsmatic']who else is going for the midnight pick up? or whose stores are doing it. it appears mine are not doing midnight pick up. just want to know whose else is.[/QUOTE]
I think my store is. I'm just going to get it tomorrow though.

Are they supposed to call you to remind you?

Thought i would be the first to post mine up. Picked up my collectors edition at 12:01 am at the midnight release party at my local gamestop, also picked up the limited edition strategy guide/artbook.

I wont have time to play any of it tonight as i have to work tomorrow, hopefully after work ill get into it some.

Enjoy!

100_1785.JPG

100_1786.JPG

100_1787.JPG

100_1791.JPG

100_1798.JPG

100_1788.JPG

i went to pick up mine as well, there were about the same amount of guides for both editions, around 15-18 each i would say, btw the limited edition guide is HUGE.:D

From my experiences buying other LE guides, with the artbook, like the Final Fantasy X-2, MGS3, etc. I really like the artbook, so if you do plan on getting a guide, I would get the LE one just for that.

My store is doing the midnight thing, but I'm just going to go around noon tomorrow. For those who have gone (I still have 2 hours here on the West Coast) did they give out door prizes or do anything special, or was it open for 10 minutes to hand out the preorders and then close up shop?

I would consider going if there was some special thing going on.

I also didn't get a call about this at all, which is wierd because isn't it "Aeris" that makes all those calls telling you your EB/GS preorder is in? Wierd that they wouldn't use her for THIS game, of all games :D.

I have it preordered at two stores too, and didn't get a call about either one. The other one is in a mall, so I doubt they did the midnight thing. I'm going to swing by both tomorrow.

[quote name='chaarlieee']I think my store is. I'm just going to get it tomorrow though.

Are they supposed to call you to remind you?[/QUOTE]

i got their automated message telling me it would be rdy in the morning but i can concieve that either be midnight pick up or early in the AM as in when the store opens..i just called and no one picked up so im guessing its not happning here =(

[quote name='shadylane']i know this is going to sound crazy but i got all 6 covers for the limited edtion guide[/quote]

How were you able to tell the differences from the covers? Aren't they cover by an outer cover? Who is on each of the cover? I think I'm going to pick one of the limited editon ones up, even though I didn't even plan on getting one. Damnit, this game is actually getting me excited to play it. Can't wait for the release here in California.

[quote name='shadylane']i know this is going to sound crazy but i got all 6 covers for the limited edtion guide[/quote]
You dropped $150 on the same 6 guides with just different covers?! :dunce:

There was only one person dressed up at the store I went to. Of course, she was Aeris. They also had wings from Miller's Alehouse, Target brand soda, and candy. And I got a Fantastic Four beanie tossed my way. So I picked it up off the ground and pocketed it. Only slightly jacket weather here in Florida.

Get this. During the whole paper preorder reciept --> computer transition, apparently my two items wound up under three different names.

[quote name='integralsmatic']i got their automated message telling me it would be rdy in the morning but i can concieve that either be midnight pick up or early in the AM as in when the store opens..i just called and no one picked up so im guessing its not happning here =([/QUOTE]
Yeah, I usually get a call or automated message, but I didn't this time.

I could have sworn one of the employees said there was even going to be some stupid costume party where everybody is going to dress up in their favorite squaresoft character or something.. or maybe it was just a costume thing. I forgot what he said, but it sounded fucking stupid.

[quote name='dafunkk12']There was only one person dressed up at the store I went to. Of course, she was Aeris. They also had wings from Miller's Alehouse, Target brand soda, and candy. And I got a Fantastic Four beanie tossed my way. So I picked it up off the ground and pocketed it. Only slightly jacket weather here in Florida.

Get this. During the whole paper preorder reciept --> computer transition, apparently my two items wound up under three different names.[/QUOTE]

I forgot my wallet, but they let met get the game with my number and a little face recognition.

[quote name='Theenternal']I forgot my wallet, but they let met get the game with my number and a little face recognition.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they know me there, too. First we looked it up under my phone number and I was asked if I only put down $5 on the two. Of course that was totally wrong, so we had to check it out under my name. Some fun credit juggling had to be done, surely to the enjoyment of the people put in the line behind me.

bread's done
Back