Final Fantasy XIII $19.99 at Best Buy w/$20 RZ coupon

acidraine

CAGiversary!
This may have been covered in the Best Buy ad forum, but I thought it should have it's own post.

Final Fantasy XIII is on sale at Best Buy this week for $39.99.

Just like Blur last month, if you are a Rewards Zone Gamer Club member, there is a printable coupon for $20 off FFXIII; making the final price $19.99.

Still new so I can't post the link.

This may be YMMV depending on your Best Buy's coupon policy, but it's their own fault that they put out these Gamer Rewards coupons the same weeks they have in-store sales on the games. If BB management gives you guff on this, one of your responses could be that you did the same thing with Blur last month and management gave the ok.

That's not the same code my copy came with (PS3.) My card doesn't say anything about a free item, and it is black across the top like you mentioned.

I registered my code and I got some Square pts but I don't remember hearing anything about a special item.

"By registering a first-production-run copy of FINAL FANTASY XIII on SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS, you will receive a special bonus!"

For PS3, the bonus is a FF14 beta item or code to be a beta tester or something.

For 360, the bonus is MALE and FEMALE PSICOM SOLDIER UNIFORM for your avatar.

Its just luck of the draw

Tacoma, WA Best Buy still working fine. Couple PS3 copies left. Cashier actually gave me back the coupon, don't know why.

Thanks for the heads up OP. Was able to take a screenshot of the coupon on my iphone and hook it up to one of the printers at BB and print it there :D

Picked up the PS3 version, only 2 more Xbox ones that I saw.

[quote name='CombatCraig']Question for those who've played this already. I'd say I'm a medium RPG gamer (I do alright with the classic FF's, was afraid of Fallout 3 but picked it up real quick) and looking at the combat/strategy I'm afraid it's a bit over my head. So would an average RPG gamer find this game fun or frustrating?[/QUOTE]

You should be able to do fine with it. From what I've been told it's really simple in the combat division, for a good portion of the game you'll be pressing A the majority of the fights.

If you picked up on Fallout 3 and the old FF's better you should be fine. I'd say I'm a medium RPG gamer too, I play them every so often when I get a craving.

Just got back from BB (Capitola, CA). there was a bunch of ps3 versions. had no problems with the coupon.

Just got back from Best Buy on the east side of Rockford, IL. Got it on PS3, no problems at all. They had TONS of xbox 360 versions, and about 5 PS3 versions.

No problem making the deal + coupon combo work in the Grove City, Ohio location. I took the last X360 copy but they had several PS3 copies left.

My X360 copy also had the registration code so the remaining copies could likely have them too.

Best Buy at 44th and 5th in Manhattan had a ton of PS3 FF XIII left. The cashier put the transaction through without so much as a second thought.

Got the 360 version in Lake Jackson, TX. Really wanted it on PS3, but maybe I'll get the Chinese PS3 version (with its Japanese audio) some day.

Thanks Acidraine!

Worked at the Best Buy on Winchester in southeast Memphis, TN.

Edit:

Platform: Xbox 360
Special Registration Code Included: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
If only I hadn't bought it, beaten it, gotten the platinum trophy a month after getting it from the release date, and traded it for Assassin's Creed 2, I would've jumped in to this deal.

Just grabbed the ps3 version at the best buy in Biddeford Maine. The cashier started giving me a hard time so I asked to talk to the manager. The manager told the cashier that the game was not really on sale, they have dropped the price permenatly but listed it on sale because it's the first week it is at it's new price.

The cashier apologized as did the manager. No harm no foul.

I'm not really a big Final Fantasy fan any more mostly due to either

1. Getting to the end and being drasticly underpowered to finish last boss (happened in eight, nine, and ten) and having zero interest in breeding chocobos or whatever other lame quest you need for an "ultimate weapon".

2. I don't really have the time for long game sessions anymore now that I am older (It is very rare to have more than an hour or so at a time) which does not suit jrpgs very well.

All that being said at 20 bucks I can play it and not feel guilty if I never finish it. Normally I finish everything I buy.

So thanks OP this was a great deal for me.

[quote name='Warchild300']

2. I don't really have the time for long game sessions anymore now that I am older (It is very rare to have more than an hour or so at a time) which does not suit jrpgs very well.

[/QUOTE]

Seem to be save points every 5 minutes from what I've played so far, which isn't much.

Move forward, hit "A", watch cutscene...repeat...

Just went to best buy and tried the coupon for xbox and it didn't work. What its the coupon sku? i used the best buy gamer app so I was thinking the sku might be off.

I used this at the Best Buy in Alpharetta, GA and the cashier took the coupon with no questions asked. Got the last PS3 copy for a grand total of $21.39 after tax. What a deal!

[quote name='tubtub']Just went to best buy and tried the coupon for xbox and it didn't work. What its the coupon sku? i used the best buy gamer app so I was thinking the sku might be off.[/QUOTE]

I tried to use the sku on the app as well today and it didnt work. My only guess is that while they updated the coupon details on the app, the sku is the one from the last batch?

[quote name='Warchild300']Just grabbed the ps3 version at the best buy in Biddeford Maine. The cashier started giving me a hard time so I asked to talk to the manager. The manager told the cashier that the game was not really on sale, they have dropped the price permenatly but listed it on sale because it's the first week it is at it's new price.

The cashier apologized as did the manager. No harm no foul.

I'm not really a big Final Fantasy fan any more mostly due to either

1. Getting to the end and being drasticly underpowered to finish last boss (happened in eight, nine, and ten) and having zero interest in breeding chocobos or whatever other lame quest you need for an "ultimate weapon".

All that being said at 20 bucks I can play it and not feel guilty if I never finish it. Normally I finish everything I buy.

So thanks OP this was a great deal for me.[/QUOTE]

so your saying it's gonna stay at $40 starting sunday? hmm I doubt this

Used this deal at the Best Buy in Racine, WI to get a 360 version. They had plenty of copies and everything went great. The cashier didn't call a manager or even question it. She only asked if the game was any good because she was thinking about getting it herself, ha-ha.

For all of you in the Orange County area don't bother going to the Costa Mesa Best Buy. They're particularly strict with these reward zone promos for reasons like having a stick up their asses.

There are a few more left over at Tustin, CA (TMP) if any of you are still looking, got one with no problems there.

[quote name='CaoPi']so your saying it's gonna stay at $40 starting sunday? hmm I doubt this[/QUOTE]

I can't say that for sure but that is what the manager said to the cashier in front of me. Whether or not he is right I have no idea.

I wouldn't be surprised though, it has been out for a little while now and sales overall are nothing compared to FF's of the past.

My gf picked a PS3 up at one in anaheim. I got denied at 3 that had it near me. F'n waste of time. Hopefully I can sell my 360 copy on craigslist.

[quote name='Warchild300']I can't say that for sure but that is what the manager said to the cashier in front of me. Whether or not he is right I have no idea.

I wouldn't be surprised though, it has been out for a little while now and sales overall are nothing compared to FF's of the past.[/QUOTE]

Well, according to the website, it just went back up to $59.99

[quote name='WSkywalker']Well, according to the website, it just went back up to $59.99[/QUOTE]

Well that certainly makes this deal a lot better. Just have to say that my first day on this site I got that deal. This is a cool place.

I completely forgot to thank the OP, i went and picked this up thursday i think, havnt touched it yet, im sure it'll be on my backlog for a while, but i figured 20 was about as low as its going to get since FF games rarely drop past that. I've heard bad things about it but who cares, as long as it's somewhat enjoyable, 20 bucks is no different than eating out with some friends.

bread's done
Back