Final Fantasy XIII-2 CE 59.99 360/PS3 @ Amazon.. again

looking forward to the day when Amazon starts having worthwhile DOTD and DOTW.... that don't involve digital downloads.

Until then I guess it'll be more of the same

[quote name='GBAstar']looking forward to the day when Amazon starts having worthwhile DOTD and DOTW.... that don't involve digital downloads.

Until then I guess it'll be more of the same[/QUOTE]

Ever since that guy came here, that's been the majority of all their sales, fuckin sucks.

[quote name='coopscohen']They also have buy Vanilla FF XIII-2 and get FF XIII FREE[/QUOTE]

That's a good deal... but honestly I'm thinking that FF XIII-2 is at best a $40 game and FF XIII is a $10 game so... the price is where it should be.

[quote name='Devulture']Okay, question: is this game selling well or not?[/QUOTE]

I would say so. The reviews are quite good for it and they've greatly improved the gameplay mechanics. The reason why people are so down about it, is that it reminds them of the butthurt of FF XIII. Realistically speaking, they can't change too much from the original game or it won't be a sequel. So I personally think they did their best with salvaging the monotony of the original game. I'll still wait for a price drop though. I'm still playing through IX. I love the old school FFs.

I don't mean how well the game is, I mean how well the game's selling. This kind of price drops, especially for a recently released title, usually means it ain't selling like hotcakes.

[quote name='neuropunk']one of the worst games I have ever had the misfortune of playing. i recommend skipping this awful deal.[/QUOTE]

Seeing how you've made a career on CAG of entering every single Final Fantasy XIII thread ever created to troll the game, I'd be interested to know why you even played XIII-2.

[quote name='Snuggelz']I would say so. The reviews are quite good for it and they've greatly improved the gameplay mechanics. The reason why people are so down about it, is that it reminds them of the butthurt of FF XIII. Realistically speaking, they can't change too much from the original game or it won't be a sequel. So I personally think they did their best with salvaging the monotony of the original game. I'll still wait for a price drop though. I'm still playing through IX. I love the old school FFs.[/QUOTE]

Initial NPD numbers were not good for the game, and it appears to have been overshipped. That is a recipe for quick and substantial price drops.

i hate when they go this price go back up full price then drop back to the same exact price again.. like if i didn't get it when it was that price before why would i do it now? there's still plenty of copy's.... stop hoarding... should be 49.99 or cheaper... uncharted 3 ce 59.99 or cheaper and skyrim ce 59.99(i might be asking to much for skyrim at this point but i can wish)

Great, I was looking to pick this up before, but the price spiked back up to 79.99 on Amazon. Darn shame you can't PM at Bestbuy and use their GZ coupons at the same time.

[quote name='blindinglights']Seeing how you've made a career on CAG of entering every single Final Fantasy XIII thread ever created to troll the game, I'd be interested to know why you even played XIII-2.[/QUOTE]

He is a sad troll. Also complains that xbox live deals aren't a deal because it should be free,lol.

[quote name='neuropunk']one of the worst games I have ever had the misfortune of playing. i recommend skipping this awful deal.[/QUOTE]
You're very fortunate to rank this one as the absolute "worst" game you've ever played.

[quote name='outunderstars']Initial NPD numbers were not good for the game, and it appears to have been overshipped. That is a recipe for quick and substantial price drops.[/QUOTE]
It was #2 for February.

That seems good to me.

[quote name='Devulture']I don't mean how well the game is, I mean how well the game's selling. This kind of price drops, especially for a recently released title, usually means it ain't selling like hotcakes.[/QUOTE]judge for yourself

http://gematsu.com/2011/12/final-fantasy-xiii-2-ps3-tops-japanese-charts
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/10403.html
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/330560/3ds-tops-vita-in-japan-ffxiii-2-sells-500k/
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?nam...isher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=50

Huh, pretty underwhelming for the moment. Does this lower the changes of a 3rd Final Fantasy XIII and provoke S-E to release the true ending on DLC?

[quote name='ijustw1n']I think it's selling fine. Just seeing weaker CEs drop to regular edition prices quicker these days.[/QUOTE]

You can't base whether a game is selling well on your feelings. It's sold about 450k for PS3 and 160k for Xbox 360 in the US so far, and most of that was the first week with sharp dropoff, according to data on Vgchartz. That is not good at all for a proper Final Fantast title. Square Enix is starting to run this franchise into the ground.

This is a really nice CE but I have no desire whatsoever to play this game... I don't know why I want it so badly though.

[quote name='Stele']You can't base whether a game is selling well on your feelings. It's sold about 450k for PS3 and 160k for Xbox 360 in the US so far, and most of that was the first week with sharp dropoff, according to data on Vgchartz. That is not good at all for a proper Final Fantast title. Square Enix is starting to run this franchise into the ground.[/QUOTE]

Game sales must be pretty bad then if that's all it took to hit #2 in February.

[quote name='Vap']Does anyone know how good the concept artwork is that comes with this edition?[/QUOTE]

I bought the CE, and the concept artwork is nothing special.

[quote name='astr0boy']Dont listen to this guy...:roll:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 ranks as one of his worst games and yet Imagine Party Babyz ranks as one of his "spectacular games". http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317720[/QUOTE]
hey, wait a second here. I thought you were supposed to judge the deal and not the game? why are you judging Imagine Party Babyz for? You're supposed to rate the thread by the deal, not the quality of the game.

[quote name='neuropunk']hey, wait a second here. I thought you were supposed to judge the deal and not the game? why are you judging Imagine Party Babyz for? You're supposed to rate the thread by the deal, not the quality of the game.[/QUOTE]

And yet...

9298284.jpg

[quote name='astr0boy']And yet...

9298284.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I turned over a new leaf since then tho. Anyhow, you're supposed to rate the thread, and since $7.50 is a superb deal for Party Babyz, I suggest you rate it a 5 star topic.

I see this and SC CE going to 40 soon so I'll wait. Moreover, this looks like it "may" get a GOTY edition since it has some (substantial?) DLC lined up for it. Some may even want to wait for that though I bet it won't have a CE sku.

I decided on the CE because down the line, whenever I finish the game, I feel as though the trade-in value would be higher than the standard version.

Who knows, I could be totally wrong.

TIV for CE don't usually matter at all. Resale value it usually does. GS gives the same amount for standard and special/collector. Amazon usually gives the same if not less. And BB is the same as amazon. It's odd I know, but it does make sense. Since CE games usually take up more space and the stores can't be bothered to make different SKUs for all the used games they don't care if it's a CE or not.

[quote name='whoknows']Game sales must be pretty bad then if that's all it took to hit #2 in February.[/QUOTE]spot on if you've noticed damn near every game has hit $40 sale price w/i a month after release. This was always the norm which is why I would buy games day to get the pre-order credit/swag knowing I'd get the discounted price difference back in a pm. But for some time now the $40 prices have been coming faster & faster even if the game sells. Look at titles from last yr Portal 2 was $35 w/i 2 weeks, MK was $40($30 after TRU coupon) in 1 week, hell even Skyrim, BF3 & MW3 have all seen $40 sales.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/video-game-sale-slump-persists-130022116.html

It's a combination of the economy & game console lifecycle(next gen would've normally have already started but with Sony losing billions & not seeing PS2 type consoles sales they're in now true hurry for PS4. MS has "succeeded" but the fact that they still haven't admitted whether their total console sales have been adjusted to account for the mulitple buyers/warranty replacements from the RROD make me think it's inflated. Nintendo made waves with huge 1st party game sales & console sales but now it's a "dead" console. They've made enough money to strive forward but I expect a much tougher fight from both Sony & MS since they won't take Wii U for granted or poo poo the "gimmick" angle since it created a new "casual" customer base that can't be ignored, their spending power is too strong.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']TIV for CE don't usually matter at all. Resale value it usually does. GS gives the same amount for standard and special/collector. Amazon usually gives the same if not less. And BB is the same as amazon. It's odd I know, but it does make sense. Since CE games usually take up more space and the stores can't be bothered to make different SKUs for all the used games they don't care if it's a CE or not.[/QUOTE]

Valid points.

I should have clarified that I meant Amazon. It is the only place I buy and trade in my games to.

bread's done
Back