Final Fantasy XIII-2 Official Guide PreO: $20.99 (Coll. Ed.) or $16

pinoy81

CAGiversary!
Pre-Order price for the FFXIII-2 Collector's Edition Guide is currently $20.99@ Amazon (Orig. Price $34.99). FS w/ Prime & FSS w/ orders $25 & up, as per usual. The non-collectors Ed. is also on sale for $16.24 (orig. $24.99)

Hardcover: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/03...&tag=cheapassgam08-20&creativeASIN=0307894215

Softcover: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/03...&tag=cheapassgam08-20&creativeASIN=0307894207

(Directly From Amazon)

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - The Complete Official Guide - Collector's Edition includes:

• Exclusive coffee table book printed on highest-quality paper and bound in a padded hard cover.

• Limited print run, includes two ribbon bookmarks.

• Includes a 16-page bonus section exclusive to this edition.

• Every secret, every unlockable, every side-quest, every mini-game, every Achievement and every Trophy revealed and explained in a dedicated Extras chapter. We've also added a story recap and an artwork gallery.

• The dedicated Walkthrough charts the critical path through the main narrative. It also provides regular prompts and tips to direct players to side quests and other optional features within the game world.

• The Tour Guide chapter includes one section per game location in each time period. This complements the Walkthrough by examining all optional activities offered in the game (side quests, mini-games, puzzles and power-leveling spots).

• The Completion Timeline chapter offers a visual and streamlined guide to 100% completion.

• The Strategy & Analysis section gives an advanced analysis of the game's key systems and features. This also covers the most complex topics such as character development in a thorough, yet user-friendly way.

• All-encompassing Inventory and Bestiary chapters feature exhaustive lists and tables covering all enemies, weapons, accessories, items and shops.

• The 100% complete guide to Final Fantasy XIII-2.

• Carefully designed to avoid unnecessary story spoilers.

EDIT: new price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Serpentor']the price of the hardcover is now $20.99, I just canceled and reordered.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Did the same. Cheaper than what I got it for in my quick picks.

[quote name='IndelibleSin']i thought the pre-order price guarantee took care of that and gave u the lowest price before it ships? or does it not work?[/QUOTE]
Not always... Go to your order status and check the invoice, if the price is the same as the current lower price then you're set. If not, it's easier to cancel and reorder. Most of the time, it's not automatic (why would Amazon want to do that anyway).

[quote name='Serpentor']Not always... Go to your order status and check the invoice, if the price is the same as the current lower price then you're set. If not, it's easier to cancel and reorder. Most of the time, it's not automatic (why would Amazon want to do that anyway).[/QUOTE]

Just finished chatting with Amazon to adjust the price of the guide for me, since that ridiculous pre-order guarantee they have NEVER works for me, for 15 minutes before he finally realized that the book was a pre-order and not an item I had already received.:wall: If it wasn't for the fact that I don't have prime and paying for shipping would have effectively made the guide cost more, I would have just canceled and reordered.

[quote name='Serpentor']Not always... Go to your order status and check the invoice, if the price is the same as the current lower price then you're set. If not, it's easier to cancel and reorder. Most of the time, it's not automatic (why would Amazon want to do that anyway).[/QUOTE]

i see. kinda lame then... because yea its not adjusted to the lower price for me. though the fine print of the guarantee says itll show w/in 24 hours... maybe ill wait and see what happens and report back. im sure i can always get it adjusted after... i hope.

[quote name='IndelibleSin']i see. kinda lame then... because yea its not adjusted to the lower price for me. though the fine print of the guarantee says itll show w/in 24 hours... maybe ill wait and see what happens and report back. im sure i can always get it adjusted after... i hope.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't show automatically. It does take a day or two.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Normally I don't buy guys, but given how helpful FuturePress' Dark Souls guide was then I'm in![/QUOTE]

But this is Piggyback!

[quote name='suko_32']But this is Piggyback![/QUOTE]

For as long as I've been on these boards, this is the first I've heard this term used in this way.

So...what's a "Piggyback"? Doing something again because you did it before?

[quote name='Ecofreak']For as long as I've been on these boards, this is the first I've heard this term used in this way.

So...what's a "Piggyback"? Doing something again because you did it before?[/QUOTE]
It's just the name of the company that publishes this guide.

[quote name='suko_32']It's too early...I meant Prima @_@[/QUOTE]
No, this guide is done by Piggyback, the same people that did the original FFXIII guide, not Prima. Piggyback is probably the best guide maker there in the business, maybe even better than Future Press. Don't compare Piggyback to crap like Prima and Bradygames

I ordered mine when it was $23.99. Does this mean I'll get it for $20.99 when it ships if the price doesn't go any lower? I was sure Amazon's policy is you if you pre-order, you get it at the lowest price Amazon listed the item at before it ships.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I ordered mine when it was $23.99. Does this mean I'll get it for $20.99 when it ships if the price doesn't go any lower? I was sure Amazon's policy is you if you pre-order, you get it at the lowest price Amazon listed the item at before it ships.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CAG90210']I also ordered mine when it was $23.99, and there is no price change that is reflective of the $20.99 drop.[/QUOTE]
i ordered mine when it was like $25. then it lowered to $24.xx and mine lowered to that. but now for this $20.99 mine still hasnt updated. i guess it takes a while, or if u really want to guarantee the price, cancel and reorder or talk to customer support as people have been saying. personally ill wait and see if it does update to this new lower price to get an idea of how long it usually takes.

whe you preorder, from that point on until release you get the lowest price that the item hits. This works for me everytime. I preordered WWE 12 at $60 and it dropped to $47 and i got it for $47. Same goes for Super Street fighter IV back in the day. For like a week it dropped like $6 cheaper, and after gifts cards and promo codes I got the game for $0.98 lol

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']whe you preorder, from that point on until release you get the lowest price that the item hits. This works for me everytime. I preordered WWE 12 at $60 and it dropped to $47 and i got it for $47. Same goes for Super Street fighter IV back in the day. For like a week it dropped like $6 cheaper, and after gifts cards and promo codes I got the game for $0.98 lol[/QUOTE]

Do stores like Best Buy offer a similar guarantee or is it just Amazon?

[quote name='gokou36']Are ya'll shitting me? Future Press sucks ass, the Dark Souls Guide blows.[/QUOTE]

I'm no guide aficionado, but I really liked the Dark Souls guide. Sure, there were some typos and made a bit out-of-date with patches but high quality still.

At least the binding hasn't crapped out on me!

Whew, thanks.

[quote name='IndelibleSin']i ordered mine when it was like $25. then it lowered to $24.xx and mine lowered to that. but now for this $20.99 mine still hasnt updated. i guess it takes a while, or if u really want to guarantee the price, cancel and reorder or talk to customer support as people have been saying. personally ill wait and see if it does update to this new lower price to get an idea of how long it usually takes.[/QUOTE]

i dont know when the $20.99 price went into effect (12/25 i think) but my order finally shows the new lower price. it was previously like $24.xx and now its at the current $20.99. so it only took like 4 or 5 days, but the preorder price guarantee works, just in case anyone wanted to know...

I've pre-ordered the regular edition but am thinking about the collector's edition. I've never gotten a collector's edition guide before, is it worth the extra money? I mainly looking at the extra information more than anything.

[quote name='spcheap']The Final Fantasy XIII guide was excellent, and the same company is making this guide.[/QUOTE]
Why would you need a guide for Final Fantasy XIII? :lol:

[quote name='bigfatyeastroll']I've pre-ordered the regular edition but am thinking about the collector's edition. I've never gotten a collector's edition guide before, is it worth the extra money? I mainly looking at the extra information more than anything.[/QUOTE]
I pre-ordered the collectors edtion, since its only $5 more plus amazon is offering 5% off the game with it.

FYI this one will probably be as collectible as the previous one. Used copies of the hardback FF XIII guide go for over $40 on Amazon.

[quote name='htz']Why would you need a guide for Final Fantasy XIII? :lol:

[/QUOTE]

Same question could be asked for XIII-2. For me I am just collecting (no one NEEDS a guide), and probably wont ever play the game at all (never played XIII).

[quote name='htz']Why would you need a guide for Final Fantasy XIII? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I used it for the weapon upgrade system. It's a beautiful and well made guide. I'm glad that good guides are still made.

[quote name='panzerfaust']cancelling the zon order to get it for $25 at bestbuy for day 1 -- hopefully this means no dents :cold:[/QUOTE]

Hrm, doesn't BB give a % off the guide if you buy it with the game if you're an Unlocked member? Is $25 what that comes out to, or is there another BB offer I'm not aware of?

[quote name='shouamabane']I used it for the weapon upgrade system. It's a beautiful and well made guide. I'm glad that good guides are still made.[/QUOTE]
I would had got the guide if I wanted the platinum trophy for xiii but couldn't bare killing those giant turtles repeatedly to the point it got boring.

Am getting the guide for xiii-2 though, really enjoyed the demo. Piggyback also makes the best game guides in my opinion.

[quote name='argyle']Hrm, doesn't BB give a % off the guide if you buy it with the game if you're an Unlocked member? Is $25 what that comes out to, or is there another BB offer I'm not aware of?[/QUOTE]

Going off of the BB weekly deals/promotions sticky, says it will be $25.

also 40% bonus trade in

bread's done
Back