Final Fantasy XIII-2 PS3/Xbox 360, 29.99$ - Amazon

I wonder if me submitting Best Buy's price couple hours ago has anything to do with this, or if it's just a coincidence.

I passed up on this game at $15, so I am also passing up this deal. Not sure I would buy this game at any price, actually.

[quote name='don_juan_darko']I wonder if me submitting Best Buy's price couple hours ago has anything to do with this, or if it's just a coincidence.[/QUOTE]

No... Amazon typically likes to take another retailers past and already expired deal, copy it, and then call it a "Deal of the week".

The good news is that once the deal of the week is over the games typically get sold for cheaper the following week.... Wait that is their lightning deals :)

[quote name='don_juan_darko']I wonder if me submitting Best Buy's price couple hours ago has anything to do with this, or if it's just a coincidence.[/QUOTE]

I don't think submitting the price ever works. Amazon matches the Best Buy and Target weekly ads and walmart.com. I do get a good laugh out of everyone saying "Submit the price to Amazon!" whenever a good deal pops up. Everyone likes to feel like they were involved with making a deal happen and Amazon has accomplished this in a creative way. They're a smart company.

[quote name='GBAstar']No... Amazon typically likes to take another retailers past and already expired deal, copy it, and then call it a "Deal of the week".

The good news is that once the deal of the week is over the games typically get sold for cheaper the following week.... Wait that is their lightning deals :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dino88']I don't think submitting the price ever works. Amazon matches the Best Buy and Target weekly ads and walmart.com. I do get a good laugh out of everyone saying "Submit the price to Amazon!" whenever a good deal pops up. Everyone likes to feel like they were involved with making a deal happen and Amazon has accomplished this in a creative way. They're a smart company.[/QUOTE]

Darn, you guys just had to rain on my parade didn't you? Just when I thought my voice actually made a difference...

Anyway, looking at the Youtube walkthrough videos, this looks really tempting, but I feel as though it will drop to $20 before I ever get around to playing it, as it has happened with many other games I've bought as I slowly play through my growing backlog.

bread's done
Back