Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='genfuyung']Don't know what screens you've seen but the difference is drastic.[/QUOTE]

I've watched the latest videos. It isn't, and word is that the 360 version has a more stable framerate.

::shrug::

[quote name='gkrykewy']I've watched the latest videos. It isn't, and word is that the 360 version has a more stable framerate.

::shrug::[/QUOTE]

I wonder why. lol. Could be the huge drop is resolution.

Cancelled my 360 order of this. Shame S-E cant get shit right.

[quote name='genfuyung']That is a pretty lame bonus. That stuff will be up on the net in minutes. I'd rather have a few dollars taken off the game.[/QUOTE]

You're underselling it. That is definitely the lame pre-order bonus by which all future pre-order lameness will be measured.

Exclusive pre-order bonus:
Since you're still probably upset about not getting a CE, we will literally take a dump in your package when we send it to you. For those who pre-order however, the dump will be outside the plastic shrink-wrap.

[quote name='Metalic']I wonder why. lol. Could be the huge drop is resolution.

Cancelled my 360 order of this. Shame S-E cant get shit right.[/QUOTE]
I'd rather a more stable framerate, I don't play buggy games. Enjoy yours.

[quote name='gkrykewy']I've watched the latest videos. It isn't, and word is that the 360 version has a more stable framerate.

As far as I'm aware the latest video is a trailer full of cinematics showing the story. Not a very good way to judge how the gameplay will run.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']I'd rather a more stable framerate, I don't play buggy games. Enjoy yours.[/QUOTE]
Higher resolution equals buggy how? Dont bring fanboy shit into this. As I said, every multiplat game available I've played on the 360 (except dantes inferno) because usually they are better on that system and I prefer the controller. But this time the differences are so glaringly ridiculously obvious only the most hardcore 360 fanboys (you) and the people who only have the 360 would get that version. And if someone only has a 360 then its definitely worth getting it on that. But for anyone who has a choice, its pretty clear what version is better.

where are these videos?
i wonder what load times are going to be like with no install on the ps3. theyd almost certainly be longer than the dvd xbox.

[quote name='paz9x']where are these videos?
i wonder what load times are going to be like with no install on the ps3. theyd almost certainly be longer than the dvd xbox.[/QUOTE]
Thats something I wish they would change for the PS3. Optional installs should be on all games. The blu ray drive is pretty slow to load stuff.

I'm not a fanboy, but the 360 is a far superior console and much more worth the money for a video game console.

Honestly, mostly ones who prefer PS3 are PS fanboys that never moved on from PS2 and think PS3 is like the best thing. Nope there's a new monster around.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']I'm not a fanboy, but the 360 is a far superior console and much more worth the money for a video game console.

Honestly, mostly ones who prefer PS3 are PS fanboys that never moved on from PS2 and think PS3 is like the best thing. Nope there's a new monster around.[/QUOTE]

I only have 360, but I believe PS3 is the better console, now that the price is the same (comparing elite to ps3). The only problem is that PS3 has a crap controller (not comfortable for me at all).

Will be interesting to see the gap widening from here on out, especially since Sony has trimmed the OS memory usage down to 50MB, from the 120MB that they were reserving at the get go.

If the controller adapter that lets you use 360 controller on PS3 wasn't so expensive, I would probably jump ship and go to PS3, at least once my prepaid LIVE expires in a year or so.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']I'm not a fanboy, but the 360 is a far superior console and much more worth the money for a video game console.

Honestly, mostly ones who prefer PS3 are PS fanboys that never moved on from PS2 and think PS3 is like the best thing. Nope there's a new monster around.[/QUOTE]

thats just a stupid statement. theres plently to like about the ps3 to prefer it over an xbox. its an individual preference, not everyone has to be right.

That is sig worthy.

Very sorry if it was posted and I missed it, but does anyone know anywhere that is doing a non suckish pre-order bonus?

[quote name='flagg1216']Very sorry if it was posted and I missed it, but does anyone know anywhere that is doing a non suckish pre-order bonus?[/QUOTE]

outside the obligatory amazon $10 credit, no.

The amazon preorder bonus is the same as the gamestop preorder bonus, just in digital form. I preordered the game from gamestop (thank you 50% bonus deal) and got this mini guide. It's okay, I suppose. But, there's no reason they couldn't do more. Very disappointed with SE on this one.

What's the sense in nitpicking on subtle nuances with the graphics between the 360 and PS3 versions. Only .001% of the people who are going to play the game will notice the difference anyways. It's not like you're comparing Adventure for the Atari 2600 to Zelda 64 here. If you own an X-Box then buy it for X-Box, if you own a PS3 then buy it for PS3. Unless you own a top of the line television, the graphical differences are going to be largely unnoticeable.

[quote name='spmahn']What's the sense in nitpicking on subtle nuances with the graphics between the 360 and PS3 versions. Only .001% of the people who are going to play the game will notice the difference anyways. It's not like you're comparing Adventure for the Atari 2600 to Zelda 64 here. If you own an X-Box then buy it for X-Box, if you own a PS3 then buy it for PS3. Unless you own a top of the line television, the graphical differences are going to be largely unnoticeable.[/QUOTE]

Did you even take a look at the screenshots for the 360 version? ._.

360 is compress to
Disc 1: 5.9GB
Disc 2: 5.8GB
Disc 3: 6.6GB
Total: 18.3GB

ps3 is uncompressed on a 38gig bluray disc. 360 is also 567p; ps3 native resolution at 720p. if you can't tell the difference, you may need a new monitor.
340x.png

Needless console fapping, to each his own system. Also, everyone knows PC is superior.

About FF, in my opinion hold off. This is a title that some people will buy, burn through once, then sell. Snatch it up used, enjoy the same great gameplay.

[quote name='tosheeb']Needless console fapping, to each his own system. Also, everyone knows PC is superior.

About FF, in my opinion hold off. This is a title that some people will buy, burn through once, then sell. Snatch it up used, enjoy the same great gameplay.[/QUOTE]
Or you could, you know, support the industry that puts out the games that you enjoy.

[quote name='mythus']

ps3 is uncompressed on a 38gig bluray disc. 360 is also 567p; ps3 native resolution at 720p. if you can't tell the difference, you may need a new monitor.
[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt the difference in graphics is that great. Find me a gameplay trailer that looks that bad and I'll bow down to you.

I'll be renting this either way. Don't know what system I'll be playing it on though. If they make the 360 achievements possible (since most RPGs acheivements are impossible and require 70+ hours a la Lost Odyssey) then I'll pick it up for my 360. If not, I'll just get it for PS3.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I highly doubt the difference in graphics is that great. Find me a gameplay trailer that looks that bad and I'll bow down to you.

I'll be renting this either way. Don't know what system I'll be playing it on though. If they make the 360 achievements possible (since most RPGs acheivements are impossible and require 70+ hours a la Lost Odyssey) then I'll pick it up for my 360. If not, I'll just get it for PS3.[/QUOTE]

To get all Trophies/Achievements in FFXIII, it will require 80-150 hours, and that might be low balling it. Lots of grinding will be involved in that one, since every enemy near the end of the game has like...8 million HP. Basically, if you define Lost Odyssey as hard, Final Fantasy XIII is really hard.

Gameplay resolution it's 720p vs. 576p. If you look at both, you'll be able to notice
Cutscene resolution it's 1080p vs. 720p. Don't quote me on the 360 cutscene resolution

also FFXIII PS3 has unlock able themes as you unlock trophies. Pretty sure there won't be any in Xbox 360 version

im curious as to how well it will do on the 360. I mean, before the graphical issues I always thought most FF fans would have a PS3 since Versus is still exclusive...

or do people not care about that one?

who knows..

[quote name='panzerfaust']im curious as to how well it will do on the 360. I mean, before the graphical issues I always thought most FF fans would have a PS3 since Versus is still exclusive...

or do people not care about that one?

who knows..[/QUOTE]

I hate to ask but what exactly is the "versus" edition about ?? is it more like add-on DLC for FF13 or a whole new game?

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']I hate to ask but what exactly is the "versus" edition about ?? is it more like add-on DLC for FF13 or a whole new game?[/QUOTE]
Final Fantasy Versus XIII is a completely different game that is I believe being made by the Kingdom Hearts team at Square-Enix directed by Tetsuya Nomura.

The entirety of the FF13 world is going to be based on 3 games. Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3/360, Final Fantasy Versus XIII for the PS3, and Final Fantasy Agito XIII for the PSP.

So far Versus XIII is announced only for the PS3 so we won't know whether or not it will be ported to the 360. Nomura though is a known Sony fanatic and I believe he said they were very much optimizing the game for the PS3 which might make doing a 360 version a bit harder.

Hope that information helps.

[quote name='knight613']Final Fantasy Versus XIII is a completely different game that is I believe being made by the Kingdom Hearts team at Square-Enix directed by Tetsuya Nomura.

The entirety of the FF13 world is going to be based on 3 games. Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3/360, Final Fantasy Versus XIII for the PS3, and Final Fantasy Agito XIII for the PSP.

So far Versus XIII is announced only for the PS3 so we won't know whether or not it will be ported to the 360. Nomura though is a known Sony fanatic and I believe he said they were very much optimizing the game for the PS3 which might make doing a 360 version a bit harder.

Hope that information helps.[/QUOTE]
I just hope they get Versus out relatively soon after XIII so the story is still fresh in our minds.

[quote name='genfuyung']I just hope they get Versus out relatively soon after XIII so the story is still fresh in our minds.[/QUOTE]
I very much doubt it'll be released in the US this year. If Japan is lucky they'll get it before Winter, although there really isn't much known about the game so far. There's been like 2 trailers and one showing real time footage though none showing any gameplay. It could be a good year or two until it comes out. I did notice though that Amazon changed the price of the game from $56.99 to $59.99.

Not sure what the buzz is about XIII... Everyone I know seems to be eager to get their hands on a copy.

I'm a bit... skeptical.

[quote name='Ocajavati']Not sure what the buzz is about XIII... Everyone I know seems to be eager to get their hands on a copy.

I'm a bit... skeptical.[/QUOTE]
The first new Final Fantasy game of a console generation typically receives quite a bit of buzz. Happened with VII and X. I believe usually the first ones are also the ones that end up selling the most copies for their generation of games. It's just a cycle that happens every new console generation.

[quote name='Ocajavati']Not sure what the buzz is about XIII... Everyone I know seems to be eager to get their hands on a copy.

well it's going to be the lowest rated FF game ever (probably 80-85% on metacritic once everything is in).

but i'm willing to bet that's because gaming critics are now pouncing on anything that isn't an open-world, dialogue emphasized RPG.

this is one of the situations where you really have to acknowledge how unreliable gaming journalism really is. right now linearity is a "bad" thing, and FFXIII is apparently straight as an arrow.

i personally love that design as do many others, but Bioware and Bethesda have the spotlight now, and the west will view FFXIII as the worst of the franchise.

i personally don't give a damn, but it's a shame to see bias in reviews.

Graphics impress, full 1080p cg cutscenes on ps3, I've heard nothing but good things about the battle system and the music is apparently top notch as usual(but a different composer, right? interesting). What little I've heard at work I quite like the english voices, and the game is fully voiced, but I'm sure being in english AND fully voiced is a negative for some people.

The only problems that I hear are rpg tropes being tossed aside. Towns, npc interaction, side quests. All pretty much non-existent until late game, with a very linear path to follow through most of the game as well. Personally, I have around 100 jrpgs at my disposal with towns and sidequests, so that's cool with me.

And maybe it's just me, but if I know a game has a lot of CG, I'm pretty damn positive that it's going to be a linear game. That's just how it is, and all of these type of games are "linear" anyway, sidequests for extra equipment be damned.

I think it's a very easy decision to know if you're going to like this before you play it.

[quote name='dino88']I'll still get it, but now just at a discounted price. The most I'll pay is $30.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that one. No way is a game this linear worth anything more than that in my book. Besides, I still have waaay too many awesome PS2/PSP rpgs to catch up on. I'm barely finishing up Persona 3 (PS2) and Disgaea (PSP)!

edit: damn, that 360 version looks like ass. Times like this make me glad I own both a 360 and PS3 so I can play the superior version of each multiplatform title.

[quote name='trogoldito']I'm with you on that one. No way is a game this linear worth anything more than that in my book. Besides, I still have waaay too many awesome PS2/PSP rpgs to catch up on. I'm barely finishing up Persona 3![/QUOTE]

a 40-50 hour completely linear game is really quite amazing IMO

fuck this game! 60 Bucks for a linear game that lasts only 40-60 hours. NO fucking WAY! It should last 1000 hours and then makes me a sammich afterwards. Games are all about the number of hours and not about quality gameplay!

[quote name='Vortextk']the music is apparently top notch as usual(but a different composer, right? interesting).
[/QUOTE]

It's good, but I've seen a lot of people tossing around things like "best FF music ever" and the like. Those people either have incredibly short memories or have never heard a FF score before.

Don't get me wrong, it's not bad by any means, but there's nothing fantastic about the game's music in any sense. XII's was better, and I probably wouldn't even put XII in the series' top 5.

[quote name='salazarmark']fuck this game! 60 Bucks for a linear game that lasts only 40-60 hours. NO fucking WAY! It should last 1000 hours and then makes me a sammich afterwards. Games are all about the number of hours and not about quality gameplay![/QUOTE]

GET THE fuck OUT OF HERE , SERIOUSLY . UNLESS YOU WERE BEING SARCASTIC :spam:

[quote name='62t']also FFXIII PS3 has unlock able themes as you unlock trophies. Pretty sure there won't be any in Xbox 360 version[/QUOTE]

Do you mean wallpaper themes for the PS3, or in-game menu themes? Unlockable PS3 themes would be pretty cool. I love unlockables.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']GET THE *@#% OUT OF HERE , SERIOUSLY . UNLESS YOU WERE BEING SARCASTIC[/QUOTE]
I'm think they were sarcastic because they said
"Games are all about the number of hours and not about quality gameplay".

if they weren't, then I think I died a little inside...

bread's done
Back