Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='panzerfaust']well it's going to be the lowest rated FF game ever (probably 80-85% on metacritic once everything is in).

but i'm willing to bet that's because gaming critics are now pouncing on anything that isn't an open-world, dialogue emphasized RPG.

this is one of the situations where you really have to acknowledge how unreliable gaming journalism really is. right now linearity is a "bad" thing, and FFXIII is apparently straight as an arrow.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I like JRPG's the way they are. People who don't should just stick to western role playing games and quit expecting every RPG to follow suit to Mass Effect and whatnot. Every series doesn't have to drastically change or evolve with each installment to be a great game.

[quote name='Sushi-X']Agreed. I like JRPG's the way they are. People who don't should just stick to western role playing games and quit expecting every RPG to follow suit to Mass Effect and whatnot. Every series doesn't have to drastically change or evolve with each installment to be a great game.[/QUOTE]

I wish Square-Enix had kept that in mind. Don't get me wrong, I still think XIII will be great, but I like JRPGs the way they are too. I like Western RPGs too, and I like the fact that I have the option of playing both. No part of me is clamoring for them to become the same thing.

[quote name='Sushi-X']I like JRPG's the way they are. People who don't should just stick to western role playing games and quit expecting every RPG to follow suit to Mass Effect and whatnot. Every series doesn't have to drastically change or evolve with each installment to be a great game.[/QUOTE]
Interesting to see a sentiment like this applied to FF13, which by all accounts is a radical evolution of the JRPG formula, to the point where the devs are saying its structure was more influenced by Call of Duty 4 than the previous Final Fantasy games.

[quote name='panzerfaust']well it's going to be the lowest rated FF game ever (probably 80-85% on metacritic once everything is in).

but i'm willing to bet that's because gaming critics are now pouncing on anything that isn't an open-world, dialogue emphasized RPG.

this is one of the situations where you really have to acknowledge how unreliable gaming journalism really is. right now linearity is a "bad" thing, and FFXIII is apparently straight as an arrow.

i personally love that design as do many others, but Bioware and Bethesda have the spotlight now, and the west will view FFXIII as the worst of the franchise.

i personally don't give a damn, but it's a shame to see bias in reviews.[/QUOTE]

Well said. Hell, I couldn't give a damn myself what reviews say. If I am interested in playing a game I just play it and then have my own opinions about it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Interesting to see a sentiment like this applied to FF13, which by all accounts is a radical evolution of the JRPG formula, to the point where the devs are saying its structure was more influenced by Call of Duty 4 than the previous Final Fantasy games.[/QUOTE]

Similar as in the whole thing is a long hallway, but really JRPGs and WRPGs differ mostly in that JRPGs tell the story from everyone's perspectives, you get way more background information and character depth about your party members, etc... whereas WRPGs focus on the player's persona, an intimate adventure of solidarity. Obviously there are other characters who are introduced along the way, but the story ends up being about you. Everything else is a throw away.

This is generally speaking, and I don't prefer one way to another so yeah. It's two different ways to tell a story.

It will be very interesting for me to go from Heavy Rain to FFXIII. Many complaints are about how much CG is in the game, and how it lacks "game." I enjoy watching movies, anime. I'm impressed by Heavy Rain so far, and if FFXIII can tell an amazing story (I love cheesy and cliched Japanese plots), I will be pleased.

Aren't those suppose to be limited edition first print only... how is amazon taking pre-order on an item of an imported first print and out of print limited edition sound track?

I guess we shouldn't doubt amazon and its buying power...

anyway, I am still getting it cheaper at yesasia

edit: well. i suppose they are just transferring inventory from amazon.co.jp to amazon.com in anticipation of the NA's release.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/ファイナルファンタジーXIII-オリジナル・サウンドトラック-初回生産限定盤-ゲーム・ミュージック/dp/B002U4RQ9W/

amazon still have them in stock.

Yeah. FF13 gets a mini guide / PDF. I guess Square realized even with no bonus, people will buy it anyway.

Crisis Core - UMD case
Dissidia - calendar or soundtrack
358 Days/2 - LE slip case
FFCC: Crystal Bearers - calendar

[quote name='Reimu']So, apparently Amazon is importing the LE soundtrack and selling it for $71.99.[/QUOTE]

"Incl. 4 soundtrack CDs + 1 drama CD "FINAL FANTASY XIII Episode Zero -Promise- Story01 -ENCOUNTER-"

haha, I hope that's as awesome as it sounds.

[quote name='leeloo1977']Oh wow, that totally (ok, well almost) makes up for the lack of towns. I am really looking forward to unlocking those! Are there any other unlockables known of? None of the previews/reviews I have read have mentioned them.[/QUOTE]

Nope. It's technically not even confirmed that the US version will have them, but there's no reason for them not to be there.

[quote name='Reimu']So, apparently Amazon is importing the LE soundtrack and selling it for $71.99.[/QUOTE]

Wow, can't thank you enough for posting that.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Interesting to see a sentiment like this applied to FF13, which by all accounts is a radical evolution of the JRPG formula, to the point where the devs are saying its structure was more influenced by Call of Duty 4 than the previous Final Fantasy games.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I honestly feel sorry for you if you believe crap like that. Square just throws that type of bullshit out there in attempt to attract more western gamers / hype the title; why do you think he picked CoD of all American games? I'd like to hear anyone in their right mind, after playing XIII, say that they saw how it was influenced by Call of Duty. Did you actually read his reasoning behind that statement? It was ridiculously stupid, and seriously reaching.

[quote name='Sushi-X']Wow, can't thank you enough for posting that.

Heh, I honestly feel sorry for you if you believe crap like that. Square just throws that type of bullshit out there in attempt to attract more western gamers / hype the title; why do you think he picked CoD of all American games? I'd like to hear anyone in their right mind, after playing XIII, say that they saw how it was influenced by Call of Duty. Did you actually read his reasoning behind that statement? It was ridiculously stupid, and seriously reaching.[/QUOTE]

They said they were influenced by CoD in terms of what kind of action western gamers like or something. Doesn't mean a whole lot really.

But FF games are usually above and beyond the typical JRPG out there

[quote name='leeloo1977']Oh wow, that totally (ok, well almost) makes up for the lack of towns. I am really looking forward to unlocking those! Are there any other unlockables known of? None of the previews/reviews I have read have mentioned them.[/QUOTE]

Oh come on, dude! You're honestly saying ONE theme with different backgrounds makes up for lack of towns? Seriously? That theme isn't even dynamic, amateurs make ones better than that.

[quote name='Sushi-X']Wow, can't thank you enough for posting that.

Heh, I honestly feel sorry for you if you believe crap like that. Square just throws that type of bullshit out there in attempt to attract more western gamers / hype the title; why do you think he picked CoD of all American games? I'd like to hear anyone in their right mind, after playing XIII, say that they saw how it was influenced by Call of Duty. Did you actually read his reasoning behind that statement? It was ridiculously stupid, and seriously reaching.[/QUOTE]

Interesting - because if there was any truth to this I'd cancel my preorder ASAP ;). I have absolutely no interest in playing a CoD type game and never will. That crap doesn't need to infect other games does it - aren't there enough of those (all the CoDs and its clones) already? :roll:.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Oh come on, dude! You're honestly saying ONE theme with different backgrounds makes up for lack of towns? Seriously? That theme isn't even dynamic, amateurs make ones better than that.[/QUOTE]

First I am not a dude, second there is more than one wallpaper background, and yes, a dungeon crawler (with a battle system that is being praised) with trophies and unlockables is definitely something to get excited about. It may not be the best jrpg ever, it may not even qualify as a true jrpg... but it is definitely looking like it will be an entertaining way to whittle away my free time. And whenever I saw that wallpaper on my PS3, I would know that it took a platinum trophy to do it. Sounds like good times to me.

I guess devs now-a-days say anything to sell a few more copies of their game

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Oh come on, dude! You're honestly saying ONE theme with different backgrounds makes up for lack of towns? Seriously? That theme isn't even dynamic, amateurs make ones better than that.[/QUOTE]

you don't have to "make up" for not having towns. it was a game design choice, not a flaw.

To anyone that pre-ordered the ST off the Squeenix site last week, did you recently receive a refund? I ask because I did, today. Apparently when it says Out of Stock it really means it, regardless if it is a pre-order. :cry:

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']If you're getting this for PS3 it's probably that your still bitter that this game decided to come out on 360.[/QUOTE]
That made no sense at all.

[quote name='leeloo1977']First I am not a dude[/QUOTE]
I hope that mywhitenoise is dude enough to apologize.

[quote name='panzerfaust']you don't have to "make up" for not having towns. it was a game design choice, not a flaw.[/QUOTE]
I've avoided almost everything about XIII so far but what? There's no walking around areas raiding houses, buying tings and talking to random people/non-people? They made it mission after mission or something more liner or what ever the word is?
This isn't going to stop me from buying the game, I'm just curious.....

[quote name='no_exit']I hope that mywhitenoise is dude enough to apologize.[/QUOTE]
I think he just meant "Oh come on, Human!" I don't think he wanted to call her a man, just to be a jerk. That's sooooo 3rd grade/Ms. Swan......

[quote name='Gourd']Yes. USB. That is correct.[/QUOTE]
Awwww...... :cry: I was expecting some sexy HD towns and crap..... Oh well, there's always Versus and future FF games. They're so lucky that I have nerd love for FF and the RPG genre in general or I might be pissed. I trust them though, I guess there's a reason for this.

[quote name='USB Cable']I've avoided almost everything about XIII so far but what? There's no walking around areas raiding houses, buying tings and talking to random people/non-people? They made it mission after mission or something more liner or what ever the word is?
This isn't going to stop me from buying the game, I'm just curious.....[/QUOTE]

yeah, that's basically it. no talking to random NPCs, no shops (stuff is bought at save points instead).

think of it like following paths in FFX except without breaks to mess around in towns. not sure really, haven't played it myself yet.

[quote name='saetia']To anyone that pre-ordered the ST off the Squeenix site last week, did you recently receive a refund? I ask because I did, today. Apparently when it says Out of Stock it really means it, regardless if it is a pre-order. :cry:[/QUOTE]

nooo, wtf? ill have to check tomorrow if the same thing happened to me.

shouldn't the system prevent you from ordering OOS items?

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']If you're getting this for PS3 it's probably that your still bitter that this game decided to come out on 360.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting this for the PS3 because the game started on the PS3 (PS2 actually), looks better, sounds better, and runs better...only 360 fanboys who are too blind to see these advantages would buy this game for their Xbox.

[quote name='SynGamer']I'm getting this for the PS3 because the game started on the PS3 (PS2 actually), looks better, sounds better, and runs better...only 360 fanboys who are too blind to see these advantages would buy this game for their Xbox.[/QUOTE]

...or those of us who don't own a PS3 and see no reason to plunk down $299 for one just to play one game. Especially since there's supposed to be another price drop before the summer. I might buy a PS3 at the $249 price point, but I see no compelling reason to buy one now. There are zero exclusives on it that I am interested in playing.

Actually, development of FFXIII started on the PS2. There was a recent kotaku article that talked about the evolution. That might even be part of the 1up cover story, too.

The series started on Nintendo though.

so whos gonna leave it sealed and throw it in the closet to be original? so years from now, when the market is flooded with greatest hits versions, that original might be worth something

[quote name='hypertek']so whos gonna leave it sealed and throw it in the closet to be original? so years from now, when the market is flooded with greatest hits versions, that original might be worth something[/QUOTE]
i'm playing it as soon as i get it.

[quote name='hypertek']so whos gonna leave it sealed and throw it in the closet to be original? so years from now, when the market is flooded with greatest hits versions, that original might be worth something[/QUOTE]

I can understand someone doing that if they are collectors, but why would anyone use it just to turn a profit is beyond me, because there are just so many better ways to make money out there than sitting on a game and hoping that it will appreciate in value. It's not worth it most of the time.

[quote name='Sushi-X']I'd like to hear anyone in their right mind, after playing XIII, say that they saw how it was influenced by Call of Duty. Did you actually read his reasoning behind that statement? It was ridiculously stupid, and seriously reaching.[/QUOTE]
He is talking about structure, not gameplay. He's saying that the game is fast-paced without any downtime, that it leads the player down a corridor from set piece to set piece, with no exploration or backtracking in between. Exactly like a COD game.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Final Fantasy started on Nintendo, pal.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he meant that development of FFXIII started on PS2, which is true.

As to your comment about perceived PS3-owner bitterness, I think I can submit these two things as true:

1) Any PS3 owner who's truly upset about the game coming out on 360 is just a fanboy.

2) Anybody who thinks the general population of PS3 owners (which includes people like myself who own both) are just saying that version is better because they're bitter it came out on 360 is such a big fanboy that they put the people in category 1 to shame.

There's no fanboyishness to it. That the PS3 version is superior is practically indisputable at this point, so I'm getting the PS3 version. If the 360 version was superior (as it is with many games) than that's the one I'd get.

Sounds like you're not grinding enough, or something. No offense, but especially with older ones like 7, there is little you can do other than being really bad or never doing some kind of leveling on the side.

And to better answer, you're fully healed after every encounter. So each encounter is fresh and from what I hear, the need to grind is a minimum. Especially early in the game since you don't have enough of the ingame systems open to you to actually spend the points you get from battle anyway.

[quote name='Vortextk']Sounds like you're not grinding enough, or something. No offense, but especially with older ones like 7, there is little you can do other than being really bad or never doing some kind of leveling on the side.

And to better answer, you're fully healed after every encounter. So each encounter is fresh and from what I hear, the need to grind is a minimum. Especially early in the game since you don't have enough of the ingame systems open to you to actually spend the points you get from battle anyway.[/QUOTE]
Sounds good to me.

so how does amazon ship their games? do they require signature confirmation etc? im thinking about jumping on this since it will save a few bucks compared to buying at a store and paying taxes. I just might not be home when it arrives so im curious if it will be in the mail box, i got a fairly large mailbox.

[quote name='hypertek']so how does amazon ship their games? do they require signature confirmation etc? im thinking about jumping on this since it will save a few bucks compared to buying at a store and paying taxes. I just might not be home when it arrives so im curious if it will be in the mail box, i got a fairly large mailbox.[/QUOTE]They send it UPS Next Day Air. So they will probably just leave it inside your screen door (if you have one)

bread's done
Back