Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
What price was the cheapest so far? I am waiting for Target/Best Buy Ad to see what they have before jumping on this man!

[quote name='Vortextk']All? No. Most? Yes, but "most" being: most are better, by an insignificant amount.

And we "know this" because it's everywhere online(and EXACT detailed results will be up on eurogamer, digital foundry, in a few days). A seemingly large drop in resolution on the 360 as well as compressed video and audio. 7.1 uncompressed audio with full 1080p cutscenes on the ps3 as well as a 720p actual resolution ingame.

I have like 10 ps3 games and like 50 360 games, you can tell which I prefer for multi-plats. However it's ignorant to say that all of them are still so much worse on the ps3, they aren't, and especially this exact title.[/QUOTE]

i have like 60 ps3 games and 30 for my 360. i'm not that skewed toward one console. :cool:

[quote name='jubeininja69']i have like 60 ps3 games and 30 for my 360. i'm not that skewed toward one console. :cool:[/QUOTE]

What are you even responding to?

Back on topic... sort of...

I got an e-mail this morning from Amazon announcing the faceplate bonus for the Xbox 360 bundle. This is old news to us, but I placed a pre-order for the bundle, and it's now properly eligible for release date shipping. This wasn't the case when the faceplate first became available on Amazon.

I want the game, but I'm going to hold off until I see if there will be a sale. I can do $60 locally and have it at the same price, just saves me gas money. I wonder what the odds are that it goes into my gold box. I've had many other RPG in there.

59.99 + tax + shipping... ends up being like $65.. even with the $10 credit, it's still about the same as getting it from Newegg and paying $55 for it with free shipping and no tax... Newegg is the winner here

[quote name='Jehryn']59.99 + tax + shipping... ends up being like $65.. even with the $10 credit, it's still about the same as getting it from Newegg and paying $55 for it with free shipping and no tax... Newegg is the winner here[/QUOTE]

tax? Maybe, depending on state. Shipping? Why would you pay shipping on amazon?

[quote name='Link127']anyone else have theirs ship?

my :ps3: copy is supposed to arrive later today[/QUOTE]

If this were true, I'd expect an ass load of people at your front door waiting for ups. I hope you like an audience when you game. Otherwise, maybe you mean BFBC2?

[quote name='Jehryn']59.99 + tax + shipping... ends up being like $65.. even with the $10 credit, it's still about the same as getting it from Newegg and paying $55 for it with free shipping and no tax... Newegg is the winner here[/QUOTE]

some of us have to pay tax for newegg

Except Amazon has free shipping too, and it's even nice and fast if you have Amazon Prime.

I love newegg. I buy thousands of dollars worth of computer hardware every few years because of their awesome service and selection but having to pay tax in CA stinks. Amazon is really the only big name retailer for games that has free shipping and no tax for me so...

[quote name='Link127']anyone else have theirs ship?

my :ps3: copy is supposed to arrive later today[/QUOTE]
lolwut.jpg

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Quick Question:

Does anybody who ordered the Ps3 version of FFXIII from Amazon have the name David Waybright under the name of FFXIII? WTF is that?[/QUOTE]

1 of: Final Fantasy XIII [Video Game]
By: David Waybright
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

no idea. i assume square enix decided to change their name.

To Amazon:

Now Target's ad shows it's a BETTER deal than yours.

What will you do?

I say, $49.99 + $10 Game Credit!!!!!!

[quote name='superjedi']to amazon:

Now target's ad shows it's a better deal than yours.

What will you do?

I say, $49.99 + $10 game credit!!!!!![/quote]

agreed!!!!!

[quote name='SuperJedi']To Amazon:

Now Target's ad shows it's a BETTER deal than yours.

What will you do?

I say, $49.99 + $10 Game Credit!!!!!![/QUOTE]

How is Target a better deal? Amounts are the same. It's actually a worst deal for most people since Target has a larger "tax" audience than Amazon. Is there some super secret ad I missed? I understand trying to get Amazon to become competitive, but so far they have the best deal for most people already.

[quote name='jccjr1982']How is Target a better deal? Amounts are the same. It's actually a worst deal for most people since Target has a larger "tax" audience than Amazon. Is there some super secret ad I missed? I understand trying to get Amazon to become competitive, but so far they have the best deal for most people already.[/QUOTE]

unless tax is $10 target is a better deal.

The lowest Amazon went was $57 (and it's now at $60). Target has it for $50 according to SuperJedi's post. Both have the $10 offer, but Target's price is better, including tax.

I'm sticking with Amazon, though. Love me some delivery to my door on release day.

yes, i am in the right thread. Amazon sent me an email that my :ps3: copy of Final Fantasy 13 shipped yesterday. It will be here today. I'll believe it when I see it, hopefully later today.

what was weird is that in my order history the picture for the game didn't show up. obviously i think there was some kind of glitch b/c we know what the game case looks like, not sure why it didn't show in my order history. the order detail definitely shows the price of 59.99 and that a ps3 copy of Final Fantasy 13 was ordered. i'll know for sure later tonite

I keep getting some stupid Amazon rep. who won't apply my $20 from BC2 to my FFX order. It's quite hilarious, as what he's saying makes absolutely no sense. He's telling me that due to FFX having a $10 VGC, that I can't apply a VGC to my order. I told him this was never a problem before, but he insists that it is.

So, I ordered a second copy.... and want to guess what happened? My $20.00 instantly applied to it, proving him 100% wrong. However, my new copy costs $59.99 instead of $56.99, so I plan on getting them to change it. No matter how many e-mails it takes. It's rather bs.

Edit: Seems my third "response" e-mail landed with someone else. They fixed my problem, they refunded my Visa card $3.00, and told me to cancel the other order; thus giving it technically to me for the correct price of $56.99. Thank you, non-stupid Amazon rep.!

[quote name='jccjr1982']How is Target a better deal? Amounts are the same. It's actually a worst deal for most people since Target has a larger "tax" audience than Amazon. Is there some super secret ad I missed? I understand trying to get Amazon to become competitive, but so far they have the best deal for most people already.[/QUOTE]

Any game you pre-order at Target you get a $5 gc for. So, with Target (and 7% tax) you pay ~64.00 for FF13 and $15 in gc, and are able to pick it up on release day. Through Amazon, with no tax, you're paying ~60 for FF13 and $10 in gc, and have to wait for it to ship/arrive.

[quote name='Link127']yes, i am in the right thread. Amazon sent me an email that my :ps3: copy of Final Fantasy 13 shipped yesterday. It will be here today. I'll believe it when I see it, hopefully later today.

what was weird is that in my order history the picture for the game didn't show up. obviously i think there was some kind of glitch b/c we know what the game case looks like, not sure why it didn't show in my order history. the order detail definitely shows the price of 59.99 and that a ps3 copy of Final Fantasy 13 was ordered. i'll know for sure later tonite[/QUOTE]

Underneath the Delivery Estimate on the Your Orders page, there should be a link to the item. Can you paste it in here?

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I keep getting some stupid Amazon rep. who won't apply my $20 from BC2 to my FFX order. It's quite hilarious, as what he's saying makes absolutely no sense. He's telling me that due to FFX having a $10 VGC, that I can't apply a VGC to my order. I told him this was never a problem before, but he insists that it is.

So, I ordered a second copy.... and want to guess what happened? My $20.00 instantly applied to it, proving him 100% wrong. However, my new copy costs $59.99 instead of $56.99, so I plan on getting them to change it. No matter how many e-mails it takes. It's rather bs.

Edit: Seems my third "response" e-mail landed with someone else. They fixed my problem, they refunded my Visa card $3.00, and told me to cancel the other order; thus giving it technically to me for the correct price of $56.99. Thank you, non-stupid Amazon rep.![/QUOTE]

I just went through the same thing. Thankfully they resolved it for me too :D

[quote name='Salamando3000']Any game you pre-order at Target you get a $5 gc for. So, with Target (and 7% tax) you pay ~64.00 for FF13 and $15 in gc, and are able to pick it up on release day. Through Amazon, with no tax, you're paying ~60 for FF13 and $10 in gc, and have to wait for it to ship/arrive.[/QUOTE]

A CAG would have the game shipped to them on release day for free. Amazon is the better deal if you're not charged tax.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Any game you pre-order at Target you get a $5 gc for. So, with Target (and 7% tax) you pay ~64.00 for FF13 and $15 in gc, and are able to pick it up on release day. Through Amazon, with no tax, you're paying ~60 for FF13 and $10 in gc, and have to wait for it to ship/arrive.[/QUOTE]

Were they doing in-store preorders wtih $5 credit on FF13?

I've never seen the pre-order cards out.

[quote name='dino88']A CAG would have the game shipped to them on release day for free. Amazon is the better deal if you're not charged tax.[/QUOTE]

How do you get free release day shipping on Amazon? That is, if it's something other than by using Amazon Prime.

[quote name='plutoknight']Were they doing in-store preorders wtih $5 credit on FF13?

I've never seen the pre-order cards out.[/QUOTE]

Hell if I know. I know I see pre-order cards out, but I never cared to look for one specific to FF13. I've had this preordered at Amazon for 57 for awhile. This is just the logic I see people using in the thread on the Target deal.

[quote name='Salamando3000']How do you get free release day shipping on Amazon? That is, if it's something other than by using Amazon Prime.[/QUOTE]

It's Amazon Prime.

[quote name='Salamando3000']How do you get free release day shipping on Amazon? That is, if it's something other than by using Amazon Prime.
[/QUOTE]

Amazon Prime, which was free for a long time (may still be).

Plus you didn't factor in gas money and time, since you'll have to make 2 round trips to Target. And a lot people (including yourself) were able to pre-order FF13 for $57 from Amazon.

[quote name='dino88']Amazon Prime, which was free for a long time (may still be).

Plus you didn't factor in gas money and time, since you'll have to make 2 round trips to Target. And a lot people (including yourself) were able to pre-order FF13 for $57 from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't here to argue that Target's really a better deal, only meant to show how a person looking at the two options before them (Target and Amazon) could rationalize Target as a better deal.

Caved and finally ordered it. I was waiting for a gold box or maybe a price drop but no dice. At least i'll get it on launch day.

[quote name='abhinav']Caved and finally ordered it. I was waiting for a gold box or maybe a price drop but no dice. At least i'll get it on launch day.[/QUOTE]

Why NOT at Target? You will get it at 8AM!!!

Let's see, Target = 8AM you have it and can play right away, $10 Gift Card buy ANYTHING you like!

Amazon, Get it whenever your mail delivers, even if it's release day delivery you WAIT until at least NOON most places for mail deliver!

And, $10 credit ONLY goes towards certain games. No DVDs, No Music, No Food, etc!

[quote name='SuperJedi']Why NOT at Target? You will get it at 8AM!!![/QUOTE]
cause not everyone is unemployed?

I canceled my pre-order. Backlog is too massive and I'm sure the price will hit $50 around the same time I'll need it. :D

LOL, my bad. I assumed wrong that A LOT of people would take the day off to play their FAVORITE game... :p

Well, if it's "I am not taking my day off at all to play FF13" then I can understand that Amazon works. :)

Comon Best Buy... Be the BEST DEAL !!!

I wouldn't be suprised to see FREE Faceplate with just Game purchase too, but I don't want that. I already paid $10 for it and want something else for FREE!!!

When I got a $10 promo for Tekken 6, I used the code on razor blades. So I think it can really be used on almost anything. True or False?

[quote name='SuperJedi']LOL, my bad. I assumed wrong that A LOT of people would take the day off to play their FAVORITE game... :p

Well, if it's "I am not taking my day off at all to play FF13" then I can understand that Amazon works. :)[/QUOTE]

I have the 9th and 10th off to play. Going at midnight to GS to get my Bundle. Ordered 2 CE guides and a :ps3: copy from amazon as well as a :ps3: CE from HMV :D

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']When I got a $10 promo for Tekken 6, I used the code on razor blades. So I think it can really be used on almost anything. True or False?[/QUOTE]

Man, after the debacle that was Tekken 6's online mode, I'd spend it on razor blades too.

I guess that's neither here nor there.

[quote name='SuperJedi']LOL, my bad. I assumed wrong that A LOT of people would take the day off to play their FAVORITE game... :p

Well, if it's "I am not taking my day off at all to play FF13" then I can understand that Amazon works. :)[/QUOTE]
If you take off from work to play a game, you may have an addiction problem. That being said, addiction to video games is a lot better than being addicted to crack...

bread's done
Back