Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
if its like $5 i guess that aint too bad, it would probably cost the same if i went to a store and paid tax and gas money anyways. hmm

but debating if i shoudl just switch to the super saver shipping, i could hold off a few days

hey i guess im already a amazon prime member, im good to go.. but dam i didnt realize it has been doing $79 auto renewel charges.. imma have to make sure it doesnt do it since i hardly order from them and been unemployed/back in school for a while. lol

[quote name='jubeininja69']i think its more of the xbots bashing the game because it sucks on their systems.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you do realize you are coming off as a worse fanboy than those who you're bashing right?

Question:

I've never transferred save data from PS3 to PS3 before. Do I just put it on a USB drive?

I'm on break right now, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish the game within 4 days, so I may need to grab my save data and finish it up at school.

Around 50-60 hours right? So 12-15 hours a day? =D

EDIT: nvm, i forgot i could just google

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='panzerfaust']Question:

I've never transferred save data from PS3 to PS3 before. Do I just put it on a USB drive?

I'm on break right now, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish the game within 4 days, so I may need to grab my save data and finish it up at school.

Around 50-60 hours right? So 12-15 hours a day? =D

EDIT: nvm, i forgot i could just google[/QUOTE]

FYI, some games lock their data to a particular PS3, so you can't transfer it without doing a full HD backup and deleting the original data. Yes this is an absurd, draconian DRM save system which I encountered after getting halfway through Demon's Souls on a friends PS3. I don't know if FFXIII will have this or not, but I recommend you check right after creating a new save file just in case.

It's not exactly draconian... what other way would you have in place to prevent exploiting trophies? It's not user-friendly but I rather have trophies still mean something.

[quote name='alexanderpink']FYI, some games lock their data to a particular PS3, so you can't transfer it without doing a full HD backup and deleting the original data. Yes this is an absurd, draconian DRM save system which I encountered after getting halfway through Demon's Souls on a friends PS3. I don't know if FFXIII will have this or not, but I recommend you check right after creating a new save file just in case.[/QUOTE]

Well my other system is at school so it looks like I'm just not going to sleep for the next 4 days so I can beat this game.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']It's not exactly draconian... what other way would you have in place to prevent exploiting trophies? It's not user-friendly but I rather have trophies still mean something.[/QUOTE]

Saves being tied to the gamertag rather than the console is a much better solution, both with regard to portability and to avoid being totally screwed in the event of a hardware failure.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']It's not exactly draconian... what other way would you have in place to prevent exploiting trophies? It's not user-friendly but I rather have trophies still mean something.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft ties saves to your gamertag. They are portable and retain "meaning" whatever that is. Sony is well known for being anti-consumer and having absurdly restrictive DRM.

Some saves are tied to PSN accounts, others are tied to the HDD. Some aren't tied to anything. But yeah, two-tiered system that Sony has is sort of retarded, especially because every game is different and you can't really tell which system it is unless you go out and search the answer specifically.

[quote name='Vortextk']I think what you think is completely wrong, does that make me right?[/QUOTE]

what are you responding to?

I was responding to the quote I quoted, obviously. And I agree with Exile here:

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Wow, you do realize you are coming off as a worse fanboy than those who you're bashing right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='opterasis']I find it hilarious that people are on the fence about this game. Sure, it's getting 8-9/10, but that's still above average, and everything still points to it being a great experience. Yet absolute crap like EDF2017 and Onechanbara come out and everyone shits their pants and absolutely has to have it.[/QUOTE]

Ah, so because you think EDF 2017 and Oneechanbara are terrible, then they absolutely are, and everyone else is wrong. Got it. Also, better graphics and sound automatically equal a better game.

[quote name='jubeininja69']i think its more of the xbots bashing the game because it sucks on their systems.[/QUOTE]

Try not to say stupid things. You'll feel better.

[quote name='Anti Lifesaver']The only time a game looks better on the 360 is because they developers are retarded.
[/QUOTE]

No, it's because the PS3 is harder to develop for. Like the PS3 all you want, that doesn't make it the most developer-friendly console. My source: about a million developer interviews. Just accept it already.

[quote name='eastx']Ah, so because you think EDF 2017 and Oneechanbara are terrible, then they absolutely are, and everyone else is wrong. Got it. Also, better graphics and sound automatically equal a better game.

Try not to say stupid things. You'll feel better.

No, it's because the PS3 is harder to develop for. Like the PS3 all you want, that doesn't make it the most developer-friendly console. My source: about a million developer interviews. Just accept it already.[/QUOTE]

Wow, someone didn't get enough hugs today. All I'm saying is this is seems to be consistently getting 8.5 to 9 across the board, and people are panicking and canceling preorders over it. EDF2017 and Onechanbara have had consistently MUCH worse scores. That's not my opinion, that's a fact, and it's my opinion that the games sucked, I'm sure as hell allowed to voice that opinion.

And I never said a word about graphics and sound, I don't know where you got that from. Probably the same place you got those "million developer interviews" from. Go get yourself some tampons, you're obviously having your period.

No, you're just coming across like your opinion matters more than other people's. You're well aware that lots of gamers enjoy EDF 2017 (I don't think Oneechanbara has nearly the same following), but you continue to imply that they are wrong for enjoying it. Checking any review of those two games though, you'd find that the major reason they didn't get top scores is their low production values.

Then again, placing too much emphasis on review scores is pointless, as several people have already said. You can keep believing in them all you want, but everyone's had the experience of playing a lower-rated game and enjoying it as much as higher-rated games.

The tampon thing is cute, but you should try to out smart me rather than out gross me. We'll just agree that you're grosser, okay?

Don't talk about smart please, when you obviously miss the entire point of my post instead you got focused on the butthurt of some low quality games that I threw out as examples. Pay a bit more attention and you'd notice my entire point was exactly the same as your second paragraph. That people don't need to freak out over scores. But hey, you get back to that super awesome goal of trying to outsmart folks on these crazy interwebs if it helps you sleep better at night.

Well what review scores basically teach us is, if a game has low production values, dock it. If the game has one of the biggest budgets ever, production values don't mean shit. DOCK IT :)

[quote name='opterasis']Don't talk about smart please, when you obviously miss the entire point of my post instead you got focused on the butthurt of some low quality games that I threw out as examples. Pay a bit more attention and you'd notice my entire point was exactly the same as your second paragraph. That people don't need to freak out over scores. But hey, you get back to that super awesome goal of trying to outsmart folks on these crazy interwebs if it helps you sleep better at night.[/QUOTE]

So we're agreed that you're gross, then. Excellent. And apparently we agree that review scores don't matter. Delightful. Well, that wasn't what I took issue with when I replied to you in the first place, was it?

[quote name='eastx']So we're agreed that you're gross, then. Excellent. And apparently we agree that review scores don't matter. Delightful. Well, that wasn't what I took issue with when I replied to you in the first place, was it?[/QUOTE]

Nope just some imaginary issues of me thinking only my opinion matters and that I said better sound and graphics make a better game.

[quote name='opterasis']Nope just some imaginary issues of me thinking only my opinion matters and that I said better sound and graphics make a better game.[/QUOTE]

That's how it came across. Maybe I misunderstood you, but overreacting to simple sarcasm isn't much better.

[quote name='newlu']shipping soon :applause:[/QUOTE]

Same.

I hope my copy of Raging Blast gets here today so I have something to play 'till it arrives. I have a huge backlog, but I don't want to start another RPG/Action/Game with a story I haven't heard before, before FFXIII gets here.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Same.

I hope my copy of Raging Blast gets here today so I have something to play 'till it arrives. I have a huge backlog, but I don't want to start another RPG/Action/Game with a story I haven't heard before, before FFXIII gets here.[/QUOTE]

hahah. I'm making that mistake this week with Star Ocean 4 i rented. It's going to tide me over until FF13 gets to me.

Shipping soon for me too :D I'm....kinda pumped.

[quote name='danh920']am i getting a big drop off purchasing the 360 version over the ps3?[/QUOTE]
The PS3 version is better in lots of ways. The 360 version in completely playable though and will be a worty purchase for people that only have a 360, but if you have both systems why in the world would anyone get the 360 version over the PS3 one?

From my experience. If you have a large tv (example, my 94 inch projector screen), the 360 one looks like junk. I *hope* the PS3 one will look better. I think it should since its at 720p

[quote name='Reimu']I hope mine ships early. I always receive the package late in the evening.[/QUOTE]

Same here (with the exception of AC2 which I got at like 11AM on the day of).

OT question: Has anyone had Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition ship yet from Amazon? I thought they might stick it into the same box with FF13, but it hasn't even moved to Shipping Soon yet.

Mine is "Shipping Soon" but I tend to not get release-date games until late in the afternoon so I'll be renting it tomorrow morning so I can play through the day XD

[quote name='Temidien']Mine is "Shipping Soon" but I tend to not get release-date games until late in the afternoon so I'll be renting it tomorrow morning so I can play through the day XD[/QUOTE]

Wow, now that's what I call dedication. Renting a game you already bought. :lol:

If you are spending extra money/gas/time to go rent the game (are they even available that soon?), why not just get the game locally with msrp and tax in the first place?

[quote name='newtypex']Wow, now that's what I call dedication. Renting a game you already bought. :lol:[/QUOTE]
you call it dedication I call it something else

[quote name='wasabi5858']if you are spending extra money/gas/time to go rent the game (are they even available that soon?), why not just get the game locally with msrp and tax in the first place?[/quote]

+1

My copy looks like it's scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, but when I was thinking it wouldn't come until Wednesday, I was seriously considering buying it from Best Buy on my way home from work, then returning my sealed Amazon copy to Best Buy later, all to have the game one day earlier.

Final Fantasy, it does things to people.

it wont kill you guys to just wait.. you rather wait in line @ bestbuy doing a return and giving those employees work.. =\
i suppose you guys will skip out on taking a dump/shower/eating breakfast huh just to get it huh lol

[quote name='GUNNM']not sure how my game is coming tomorrow if it still hasn't been shipped yet =/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. When I pre ordered MW2, Amazon shipped it on the Friday before.

[quote name='hypertek']it wont kill you guys to just wait.. you rather wait in line @ bestbuy doing a return and giving those employees work.. =\
i suppose you guys will skip out on taking a dump/shower/eating breakfast huh just to get it huh lol[/QUOTE]
I haven't taken a shower in a week and I hold my shit in.. so yeah

[quote name='GUNNM']not sure how my game is coming tomorrow if it still hasn't been shipped yet =/[/QUOTE]

Depending on the scheduled origin of shipping, it may not take much time for release-day shipping. I've had several things reach me the same day that it shipped.

Edit: Oh, and canceled my pre-order. Picking it up tonight from Gamestop for $30 instead. Probably not going to play it until I finish God of War II, but I've got nothing better to do than stand around at midnight.

Don't worry about it. If it wasn't scheduled to arrive on time they will most likely send you a notice that is has been delayed for a certain reason. They shipped ME2 and MW2 the day before release and I got them both the next day. It all depends on where the carrier is in relation to where you live.

bread's done
Back