Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
So the game gets to my UPS center this morning, then 20 minutes later instead of saying Out for Delivery, it says Departure Scan. Super... :\

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Ummm...mine didn't go to Louisville, KY and I live in Texas also. That's where it started though. Then to Tulsa, and now it's just there. Also about 5 hours away.[/QUOTE]

hha yeah. Mine started in Coffeyville, KS, guess it drove to Tulsa to hop on a plane, then I guess ...got on the wrong plane?

Or maybe there arent' flights that go from Tulsa to DFW? hah

I just thought it was weird. Why go backwards, its a waste of resources!

Mine went to KY yesterday, but it's in Stafford now. Hopefully they deliver it early, it's only 30-40 minutes away from me.

UPS = failblog, Amazon last minute release date delivery shipping = failblog, I'm getting both my guide and game tomorrow. I won't be able to play anyways cause I gotta study so maybe its a sign that God wants me to pass my test and paper lol.

I live in DFW and my release date shipping went straight from Kansas to Fort Worth (not sure how it skipped the airport).

Mar 9, 2010 7:30 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery​

FORT WORTH, TX​

Mar 9, 2010 7:25 AM
At local FedEx facility
FORT WORTH, TX​

Mar 9, 2010 4:14 AM
Departed FedEx location
FORT WORTH, TX​

Mar 8, 2010 11:59 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
FORT WORTH, TX​

Mar 8, 2010 8:15 PM
Shipment information sent to FedEx​

Mar 8, 2010 6:48 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
PARSONS, KS​

Mar 8, 2010 8:40 AM
Picked up
PARSONS, KS​

Amazon is full of a bunch of evil magicians... I'm getting the PS3 version of the game (shipped really late last night), the Limited guide and a couple of those insanely priced comic books today.

Looks like my game and guide were right around the corner as of 8:00 this morning. Maaan, I can hardly wait any longer.

I hate UPS in my area...My package went out for delivery at 5:30 this morning but I won't get it until around 7pm tonight...ugh...

[quote name='jacknicklson']360 version is down to 56.99 again if anyone cares[/QUOTE]

! Can't you get a small refund since the Pre-order guarantee is in effect until the END of the release date?

[quote name='plutoknight']! Can't you get a small refund since the Pre-order guarantee is in effect until the END of the release date?[/QUOTE]
Good call. If you don't get the refund automatically, I'd email them before the end of the day. You're right, the preorder price guarantee is technically in effect until the end of the release date.

[quote name='DoriftoShoes']I hate UPS in my area...My package went out for delivery at 5:30 this morning but I won't get it until around 7pm tonight...ugh...[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel, it's the same way for me. The worst part is the UPS building is about 10 minutes away.

[quote name='plutoknight']! Can't you get a small refund since the Pre-order guarantee is in effect until the END of the release date?[/QUOTE]

Dude...that's being sold by Buy.com....not Amazon. Amazon still has it for $59.99.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Dude...that's being sold by Buy.com....not Amazon. Amazon still has it for $59.99.[/QUOTE]

Ah you are right. Guess Amazon is sold out of 360 FF...

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Dude...that's being sold by Buy.com....not Amazon. Amazon still has it for $59.99.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='plutoknight']Ah you are right. Guess Amazon is sold out of 360 FF...[/QUOTE]I emailed CS about it (before I knew it was from buy.com) and still got a $3 refund... :lol::lol:

Hello from Amazon.com.

I have checked our website and see that the price of the " Final Fantasy XIII" has been reduced.

We will automatically refund the difference between the price you were charged and the lowest price in the amount of $3.00 in next 2 to 3 business days.

If you don't receive this refund in next 2 to 3 business days please write back to us and let us know using the following link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

Interesting, wonder if they will automatically credit me or if I'm going to have to e-mail them. I suppose I'll wait a bit and e-mail them before the day is over if they haven't.

My promo credit came in today, so I happily put in my order for Resonance of Fate. Amazon is truly my hero, I love these cheaper prices, plus no tax, plus special promotions.

I ...I think I hate UPS now. Instead of leaving the game on the porch, like, oh, every other package I've ordered that ends up shipped UPS via Amazon (a mic stand, Dead Space, Brutal Legend, several DVDs and other stuff from Christmas), they attempted delivery and since there was no one to sign for it, they..will try again

/sigh.

[quote name='plutoknight']I ...I think I hate UPS now. Instead of leaving the game on the porch, like, oh, every other package I've ordered that ends up shipped UPS via Amazon (a mic stand, Dead Space, Brutal Legend, several DVDs and other stuff from Christmas), they attempted delivery and since there was no one to sign for it, they..will try again

/sigh.[/QUOTE]
Oh thats fucked up, I'd be killing puppies and shit!!

[quote name='Brother Daz']Oh thats fucked up, I'd be killing puppies and shit!![/QUOTE]

Why the hell do you need to go out and kill puppies? Go kill some pedophiles, spiders, and shit.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Why the hell do you need to go out and kill puppies? Go kill some pedophiles, spiders, and shit.[/QUOTE]

hahaha. Maybe I wiull! Spiders suck.

I may just have to take the hour-drive back to my house from my dorm to sign for it. I usually go back on weekends...on Fridays...but I WILL make an exception to make sure I get the damn game.

Does UPS still have that thing where they sent the package back if they attempt and fail at 3 delivery attempts?

Apparently my delivery has been delayed because of "[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]extreme weather conditions or an unforeseen natural event." I didn't realize a little rain counted as extreme weather conditions to UPS, never mind the fact they never deliver till 7 p.m.
[/FONT]

[quote name='mythus']got my 10$ code, got a rep to apply it to god of war 3 that already had eca + gold box. so 38.44 for gow3.[/QUOTE]

How did you do that? Call? Email?

[quote name='mythus']got my 10$ code, got a rep to apply it to god of war 3 that already had eca + gold box. so 38.44 for gow3.[/QUOTE]

Did you have to call?

[quote name='Hostile']Did you have to call?[/QUOTE]

i called. they cancelled my first order; they got all promotions and gold cart and reapplied it to my promotion tally which was 18$ something. then i just reordered.

Hmm anybody order both PS3 and XBOX 360 FFXIII and get only one $10 credit? This is not how it worked when I ordered both copies of Modern Warfare 2 from them before. To note I got Prime while my cousin doesnt, so I order for both of us.

Hate seeings the UPS truck drive past my house at 11:00 A.M knowing he won't come back until 5 in the afternoon.

Somehow my guide and game caught up with each other and I should be getting them both at once. Just a few more hours...

Although I'm a bit let down by the fact that my regular edition soundtrack was back ordered from the SE site.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Although I'm a bit let down by the fact that my regular edition soundtrack was back ordered from the SE site.[/QUOTE]

Same, the site seems really awkward to check on stuff too. Not a whole lot of information.

Oh my guide and darkstalkers book was literally just dropped off, I heard them hit the floor outside. One day for the game =/

Ok I noticed something weird on the tracking on Amazon compared to UPS.
On UPS it says:
MAPLE GROVE, MN, US 03/09/2010 7:48 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
And that it it, no more lines afterward.
But on Amazon's tracking it says:
March 9, 2010 07:48:00 AM Maple Grove Hub MN US Arrival Scan
March 9, 2010 07:48:00 AM Maple Grove MN US Out for delivery
March 9, 2010 07:43:00 AM Maple Grove Hub MN US Arrival Scan

Anyone know what this could mean? It shows an arrival scan right after it being sent out for delivery. Usually the UPS has come to my house by now, so I am getting a little worried.

[quote name='Easystride']Ok I noticed something weird on the tracking on Amazon compared to UPS.
On UPS it says:

Anyone know what this could mean? It shows an arrival scan right after it being sent out for delivery. Usually the UPS has come to my house by now, so I am getting a little worried.[/QUOTE]

It ends up saying that on my packages as well. Just be assured that it is actually out for delivery regardless.

[quote name='panzerfaust']It ends up saying that on my packages as well. Just be assured that it is actually out for delivery regardless.[/QUOTE]
Alright, thanks for the speedy response. I feel better now. :D

[quote name='Easystride']Ok I noticed something weird on the tracking on Amazon compared to UPS.
On UPS it says:

Anyone know what this could mean? It shows an arrival scan right after it being sent out for delivery. Usually the UPS has come to my house by now, so I am getting a little worried.[/QUOTE]

Mine showed that, but it came in the end, dont be worried. Its out for delivery.

Figures that my guide came today and the game apparently didn't. Not really sure how normal prime shipping got here early and the release-date delivery didn't but oh well.

For this game, Amazon shipped it in a envelope with padding instead of the
normal small box. I have prime and got release date delivery. Game was not harmed, but weird choice of packaging.

I've been dealing with the "shipping DVDs/BRs/video games" issue with Amazon for numerous months. If your order is less than 60 days old from the date you placed the order, file packaging feedback on the order and make sure they understand that shipping these items in a BA8 bubble mailer isn't acceptable.

Frankly the bubble mailers are almost never acceptable. I've gotten a few books with a bent cover/pages because they put them in one of those bubble mailers.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I didnt know that, thanks shrike. I'm going to do that now for all my recent orders.[/QUOTE]Anything that's less than 60 days from today's date (so anything 01/10/10 or newer should be in the right range) is submittable for packaging feedback. Go into your order history, and there should be a button/link to provide packaging feedback on the order. It's a simple form, though the big ones you need to hit are "Did the packaging protect your items adequately?" and "Was the box size and packaging appropriate for the items?". The whole thing is a fill-in-the-blanks form.

[quote name='Warlock82']Frankly the bubble mailers are almost never acceptable. I've gotten a few books with a bent cover/pages because they put them in one of those bubble mailers.[/QUOTE]I've been OK with guides coming in bubble mailers, since BA8 bubble mailers are #5-sized mailers, which are the ones I use for shipping guides. For DVDs, BluRays and video games, they're not even close to the right size. I'd had numerous items get damaged in shipment due to them bouncing around inside of the bubble mailer.

bread's done
Back