Final Fantasy XIV-2: A Realm Rebooted

DemonKysho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Putting aside the stigma for XIV 1.0 and considering the fact that Square-Enix literally had to summon bahamut to blow up the servers.

It pretty much takes place 5 years after the original game and functions quite a bit differently.

At this moment we are in Beta phase 4. Your characters will carry over when the game officially launches.

The server's are currently getting hammered with people trying to get on.

If you had/have a copy of 1.0 that can still be redeemed for a copy of 2.0. If you were legacy status before you should have it still. If you had the collectors edition redeemed of 1.0 you will get the 2.0 digital bonuses, not the pre order bonuses.

Currently there are 8 classes which start in a specific city-state.

Ul'dah

Gladiator

Pugilist

Thaumaturge

Gridania

Archer

Lancer

Conjurer

Limsa Lominsa

Marauder

Arcanist

When you level up those classes you can then get advanced jobs. To be unlocked you have to level certain classes, think Final Fantasy Tactics.

Those jobs are currently -

Paladin - Gladiator 30/Conjurer 15

Dragoon - Lancer 30/ Pugilist 15

Monk - Pugilist 30/ Lancer 15

Bard - Archer 30/ Conjurer 15

Warrior - Marauder 30/ Gladiator 15

White Mage - Conjurer 30/ Arcanist 15

Black Mage -Thaumaturge 30/ Pugilist 15

Summoner

Scholar

There are five races to choose from, they have slight differences in stats. Like with XI, it wont have any major effect on if you want to change your job. 

Also if you think your moogle's an alcoholic, like soft squares. hate hugh jackman, hate plastic grenade juices, think the concept of fish a.i is nothing new, that dog killstreaks were in FF8, if you ever wanted to sail in a firefly, want to go cross country hunting spirits, grinded red giant or generally feel like your weapon will pierce the heavens.

Then feel free to contact me.

I picked up a copy of the original CE for 5$ hoping it would pay off when ARR launched. Played for 3 days in the free 30 day trial. It was VERY traditional. Stand still and use skills while you take turns wacking at each other. Still, theres just something about the atmosphere and aesthetics of the game that is very satisfying. I fired up the client just to see what would happen and just let it sit for a bit so I could listen to the music.

I doubt that the game will have undergone such a drastic change that if you hated it before you'd like it now, but perhaps little things (for instance I didn't realize that waypointing in FFXIV was so prohibitive, you only got so many points a day to spend on convenience stuff such as teleporting) can be changed for the better, though I think much of those things are a core part of the game and people like having to waste time walking everywhere :p

Anyway, I missed out on being a Legacy account so that sucks, though even as legacy you'll be paying 120$ a year for a single game. I saw a chart somewhere saying the game was 13$ for 6 months as the standard price, so if that is true I'll give it another go. lol, that is per month IF you buy 6 months at a time. fuck that. I'll try it if it goes free to play on one of the platforms.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt that the game will have undergone such a drastic change that if you hated it before you'd like it now
The game is a night and day difference from what it was before. About the only thing you could even possibly compare between the two now would be the graphics.

The game is a night and day difference from what it was before. About the only thing you could even possibly compare between the two now would be the graphics.
I wouldnt go that far...

The game is much better, and consumer (noobie) friendly. But id say the majority of the game is exactly same. They added some new features but the core of the original is still there.

The biggest difference is the leveling mechanics

XIV was exactly one jizzilion times better than XI based solely on the fact that I was able to figure out the controls without resorting to google.

But yes, I hate having to walk back to places no matter the game. Its fine going to new places but once I've seen somewhere no need to make it tedious.

Don't forget to get ANY kind of faster travel you had to do tons of quests, or pay a whm to port you, and the quests for those porting spells were a huge pain in the ass, too.

I pre-ordered the game and downloaded the game client.  Looking forward to the early access tomorrow.  Any other CAGs playing and what server do you plan on joining.  It would be nice to get a group going. 

I pre-ordered the game and downloaded the game client. Looking forward to the early access tomorrow. Any other CAGs playing and what server do you plan on joining. It would be nice to get a group going.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310469-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-79-final-beta-phase-3-session-from-710-to-715-82713-ps4-in-2014-3999-7999-ce/page-15#entry11007731

(its in the ps3 forums)

But theres at least 10 + CAGs on Cactaur.

We have a linkshell already as well

If you dont have a character already and really want to get on the same server as the CAGs, I highly recommend you try to make a char ASAP once the early access goes live (even if you make a char and go to bed) as Square Enix has already stated they will likley limit new character creation/login on certain servers, because theyre expecting more people to play than originally anticipated.

Eitherway theres a good chunk of info from all the CAGs playing the game in that thread

(and yes the PS3 + PC people play on the same servers and what not, which is why that threads buried in the ps3/ps4 section)

Thanks, that thread has way more activity. I joined Cactaur with no problems today.  I also didn't know how to import my old character's I created, so I had to do a new one.  

Is there a way to tell the difference between a PS3 and PC players?

Ugh, just spent 20 minutes customizing a character only to get to "All worlds are undergoing maintenance" and the program closed.

Lol, I like the thread title: A Realm Rebooted. . .again and again and again. . . :lol:

Has anyone registered there game yet?  I did all the early access stuff and currently playing but I received a code from Amazon for the digital version and not quite sure where to register the game.

Edit: I found it.  Its under accounts on the game launcher which takes you to the Mog Station.

got some quick question can i create ps3 character and pc character on one account or can i use my pc character to ps3 version ?

thanks

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310469-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-79-final-beta-phase-3-session-from-710-to-715-82713-ps4-in-2014-3999-7999-ce/page-15#entry11007731

(its in the ps3 forums)

But theres at least 10 + CAGs on Cactaur.

We have a linkshell already as well

If you dont have a character already and really want to get on the same server as the CAGs, I highly recommend you try to make a char ASAP once the early access goes live (even if you make a char and go to bed) as Square Enix has already stated they will likley limit new character creation/login on certain servers, because theyre expecting more people to play than originally anticipated.

Eitherway theres a good chunk of info from all the CAGs playing the game in that thread

(and yes the PS3 + PC people play on the same servers and what not, which is why that threads buried in the ps3/ps4 section)
I plan on picking the game up tomorrow. I'll be sure to make my toon on Cactaur. Looking forward to it!

I plan on picking the game up tomorrow. I'll be sure to make my toon on Cactaur. Looking forward to it!
You may or may not be able to make a character on Cactaur and/or any servers right now

im really not sure what the deal is (try googling it) but there are significant restrictions to character creation atm due to server overload

The game is pretty fun. Much better than 1.0 by far. I'm on Adamantoise since I know a bunch of people there.

You may or may not be able to make a character on Cactaur and/or any servers right now

im really not sure what the deal is (try googling it) but there are significant restrictions to character creation atm due to server overload
You can create a character, but it can be as tough as logging in. The main difference being that you can hit the refresh server list button every 3 minutes or go through character creation over and over to bypass the refresh wait time.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like they disabled some all together:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/4dd98d16de736e2981711dcd2fd59965998a1e04

Yeah, it looks like I missed out. My nearest GameStop and/or Walmart is about a 45 minute drive. Went there today after I got out of class, and they were both completely out of stock. I'm one of those people who prefers the physical copy of a game... Even if the discs only get used once. Haha.

EDIT: Finally managed to find a copy of the game and create a character on Cactuar.

Anyone know what the minimum stats a computer needs to run this WELL?  My laptop meets the recommended requirements (except it precludes the i processors), and it runs like crap

Anyone know what the minimum stats a computer needs to run this WELL? My laptop meets the recommended requirements (except it precludes the i processors), and it runs like crap
I would probably go with the recommended specs:

Operating System: Windows® 7 64 bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5
Graphics: NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX 660 or higher, AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 or higher
Memory: 4GB of RAM.
Disk Space: 20GB.

I'm running a PC with an old i5-750 (GTX 760 4GB for Video)and it's running the game pretty well.

bread's done
Back