Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

Yeah, winners were announced a bit ago and both are so plain I'm pretty shocked.  The female one that won was actually less liked than the true winner, but due to the ridiculous voting scheme (read: not idiot-proofed) we only have SE's word that it won.  The hairstyle isn't even unique and rode an accessory to victory, which really doesn't speak much to this as a hairstyle contest.

I'm just pissed I missed out on submitting for the last SS contest they had because there was virtually no fanfare for it at all.  Even Reddit failed to alert me about it going on. :(

Live letter was. . .awful. :(

They showed nothing new of significance and just confirmed the new content was coming in November.  This expansion I feel drew so many resources to get done and essentially added nothing of value in terms of breaking the mold they've created.  It seems strange to me that I actually spend less time in the new zones doing anything at all, when 2.0 was all about dungeon hopping and fate grinding in CCH/NT (and still is).  I feel like all this content was created and is still a shell waiting to be filled by the devs, who desperately need a vacation.

Few of the jobs are happy (crafters/gatherers for sure are pissed), the grinds are real with no carrot, and instead of discussing the next big thing for the game people are left to bitch about having nothing to do.  More and more people are having to say, oh we're just burned out or should take a break, it's just a game.  It's an excuse for lazy design that has fallen into the development treadmill of nothing-is-exciting-because-WE'VE-ALREADY-DONE-IT-BEFORE.  Once people are familiar with a system, they draw conclusions before it even arrives and THAT is the real problem.  XIV needed a gamechanger in this LL and pet battles are not it.  I forget the statistics Blizzard once ran on their pet battle system but IIRC they said 50% of the population at least tried it out of their then 10 million subs.  Now was not the time to introduce this system and devote resources to it IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice i was wondering how close you guys where to clearing.
Yeah we've been close for like 2 weeks lol, just had to have that one clean run.

Didn't help that we don't run DRG like most clear groups, but we had weeks of crushing sub4% wipes

Good to be done with it finally.

That's pretty intense lol; who got the mount?  Our server doesn't have a group clearing yet and most have broken up by now.  Being a non-raider now I realize I don't miss it at all, it really was just filling a void for me when there was nothing to do.  On the bright side I'm catching up on other games but this game is very much dead to me.  Only reason I log on anymore is just to talk with friends, so once they go. . .well, I hope they don't. :(

That's pretty intense lol; who got the mount? Our server doesn't have a group clearing yet and most have broken up by now. Being a non-raider now I realize I don't miss it at all, it really was just filling a void for me when there was nothing to do. On the bright side I'm catching up on other games but this game is very much dead to me. Only reason I log on anymore is just to talk with friends, so once they go. . .well, I hope they don't. :(
Our SMN got the mount, he rolled a 99 aha

But yeah, I have no interest in leveling other classes atm. Just going to log in once or twice a week to cap and clear savage.

This is probably my last patch, going to be busy when next semester starts and can't do 25 hours a week for progression anymore, twas fun while is lasted and I don't think anything they add in 3.1 outside of the afro hairstyle will really interest me.

So in my boredom I found out they're doing another SS contest finally!  Here's my Cartographer submission and I'm going to work on finding a good seeker submission soon.

Found my entry, a winner without a doubt! :p

Pillars of Strength

F4nfSpi.png

Figured I'd bump this just to say I won lol. The person that did my map won as well! :3

Sadly, I've retired at this point; the expansion was too samey-lamey for me and didn't invigorate my interest in doing the same things we've done for the past two years. I still log on here and there but I will probably only sub every other month just so my house doesn't go boom in case I ever want to come back in a year or two. I really hope they come up with better things to do in the game and stop copying WoW because it was a fun two years, but now they're on rinse repeat cycle and are killing the game slowly. GL;HF to anyone still playing!

LMAO I saw the pictures coming out of that and was like wut? RNG gear from something anyone can do trumps all gear from arguably the hardest raid to date? I feel so bad for anyone that raided but then again, what does gear matter in this game when there's nothing to challenge outside of raiding? Gee gee.

SE loves their 99%

Anything to stop their complaining about how hard A3s and A4s is lol But damn to provide possible BiS pieces through the two worst things in FF14(hunts/rng hybrid) is just ridiculous. 

Haha, hey I liked hunts. ;)

But yeah, they recycle too much content as "new" so it was only a matter of time before I burned out. They were on such a roll too, each patch felt like it brought something new and interesting until they just started reusing stuff. Even though I couldn't care less about triple triad, that patch still had gold saucer to explore. This patch just added another crystal tower (meh), diablo III (bleh), and pet battles (another WoW thing that I had zero interest in) so it fell flat for me after five months of having nothing to do but level alts.

Can't let people off the treadmill or they will move on heh.

I just got a PS4 this morning and I've always been curious about FFIX.  I hear nothing but good things.  Gotta admit, I'm a bit intimidated, though.  Any thoughts to share to a potential new recruit?

It's a lot of fun but it's a huge time sink. Don't do research on classes. Go with your gut feeling, because if you hate it, it's easy to change. Of course, take what role you want to play into consideration. Oh and consider the fact that to move on to heavensward you must complete over 100 quests at level 50

Yeah, don't worry too much about character creation. The stat differences between the races are nominal, so you're good to choose totally based on aesthetics (you will be able to change your gender and look later on too so even that is not permanent). Also the only important thing that's really determined by class choice is which city you will start the story in. You can easily switch between any and all classes later.

Make sure you choose data center Aether and server Cactuar though so you can play with me. ;) (Actually, if you're legit going to play, shoot me a PM and I can give you a referral code that will grant you some bonuses when you subscribe!)

Thanks, buddy. But I don't think I'm really for reals just yet. There is just too damn much to play for me to deep dive into an mmo. But I'm still darn curious. I will try the trial this weekend or maybe over the holiday break.

Yeah, whenever you start the trial post up what your character's name is. I can get you an invite to my FC if trial characters are allowed to join one, not sure.

For those of you who don't also have the Windows version of FF14, you can get it for about $5 right now via the Square-Enix 3 Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/

In addition to enabling you to switch back and forth between platforms, buying it also adds 30 days of subscription time to your account.

So. did you ever give into the urge?
Heh, not just yet. But I keep looking at stuff about it online and I dl'd the demo (haven't started it yet). I'm going to trade some stuff in at GS tomorrow with their mega trade in deal thing going on and if I get enough, I'll probably get this. it's the monthly sub that is keeping me at bay. Well, that and the growing PS4 backlog I'm amassing.

Hello everyone. I play on the Couerl server if anyone ever wants to group. I have a wife son and daughter and well all play together (me PC, son ps4, wife PC, daughter PS4). We have a great time too. My daughter is the best of the group, I have been playing since the original launch, I just take long breaks in between. My kids know every event by heart, but can't remember to clean up their rooms. I play the ninja most often. I have a keyboard that i was able to macro the ninjitsu combos which makes the class a lot more fun.

Gauis Baltar

Does anyone here know what all the code that comes with the Complete Experience version of FF XIV for PS4 contains?
I am not 100% sure if it comes with any of the collector's goodies from ARR, but I doubt it as it is only $60, but it definitely is the base game + expansion + 30 days sub time.

It contains the Base game and the Heavensward Expansion. I dont believe it has any additional bonuses attached to it but you should be able to upgrade to the CE of them for like $20 a piece if you wanted that stuff

Just a note, if you're starting the game now, you're totally fine to wait on buying the expansion until you're at level 50 and done with the main storyline. The only part of Heavensward that you can even access before finishing A Realm Reborn is the Au Ra race for character creation.

So I just got the email notifications about how my houses will go boom unless I log into the game. This is where I have a huge beef with SE: the fact they can ransom your hard work for cash due to the 'limitations' of their hardware for housing. The only other game I can compare that had housing to this level was SWG and that game allowed you to pay in-game credits (gil in this case) to "maintain" the house while you were gone. On the one hand, I love my mansion and people who play the game still would visit it and have fun inside. It also has many rare items now, worth millions; some of which are irreplaceable because of seasonal events and more than likely will become cash shop later on. If I ever came back to the game, which honestly seems unlikely, I'd want to have my house still obviously.

On the other hand, paying $15 here and there just to preserve in-game value without actual desire to play is stupid. It makes me sad that SE has even put me in this position and is the final nail in the coffin for me with this game. I won't be back. It was fun while it lasted and Yoshi-Pls really saved their asses with this one, but like all good things: nothing ever lasts.

LzwzibS.png

Hello everyone. I play on the Couerl server if anyone ever wants to group. I have a wife son and daughter and well all play together (me PC, son ps4, wife PC, daughter PS4). We have a great time too. My daughter is the best of the group, I have been playing since the original launch, I just take long breaks in between. My kids know every event by heart, but can't remember to clean up their rooms. I play the ninja most often. I have a keyboard that i was able to macro the ninjitsu combos which makes the class a lot more fun.

Gauis Baltar
it's bad to macro ninja skils lose dps

So I just got the email notifications about how my houses will go boom unless I log into the game. This is where I have a huge beef with SE: the fact they can ransom your hard work for cash due to the 'limitations' of their hardware for housing. The only other game I can compare that had housing to this level was SWG and that game allowed you to pay in-game credits (gil in this case) to "maintain" the house while you were gone. On the one hand, I love my mansion and people who play the game still would visit it and have fun inside. It also has many rare items now, worth millions; some of which are irreplaceable because of seasonal events and more than likely will become cash shop later on. If I ever came back to the game, which honestly seems unlikely, I'd want to have my house still obviously.

On the other hand, paying $15 here and there just to preserve in-game value without actual desire to play is stupid. It makes me sad that SE has even put me in this position and is the final nail in the coffin for me with this game. I won't be back. It was fun while it lasted and Yoshi-Pls really saved their asses with this one, but like all good things: nothing ever lasts.

LzwzibS.png
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

For anyone still playing *crickets* there's an Amazon promo going on right now with the purchase of $20 or more for select gaming items will include a code for six ingame items including: Original Fat Chocobo mount, Maid Outfit, Butler Outfit, Crag Mask, Inferno Mask, and 99x of the angel wing items you get from Bonding Ceremony. I didn't care about the promo but in pre-ordering The Last Guardian CE I was given a code and redeemed my items with an inactive account. Just an FYI for anyone out there that wants them because it will only be available for a week and you can always cancel a pre-order later after getting the code.

I don't play, so here's my code: 25N8-Q6NM-UWKL-N1AE

To redeem your code, visit https://www.ffxivredeem.com/amazon and enter your promotional code to receive your exclusive FINAL FANTASY XIV item code!

Once you’ve redeemed your code, you’ll be shown six in-game item codes that you can use on the Mog Station on the Square Enix account of your choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back