Final Fantasy XIV Collector Edition (PC) - $19.99 + FS NEWEGG

tumblr_kweswzQupa1qzzd6io1_r1_500.png

[quote name='vamn']~$18 on Amazon for physical copy. ~$16 for download.

http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-40883Fantasy-XIV1-Download/dp/B006IUVDOS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344320739&sr=8-1&keywords=Ffxiv

Personally, I'd wait til it's 9.99 and after it's been relaunched.[/QUOTE]

It's the collectors edition, which is $38 on Amazon, not sure why the link isn't working though

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16832166014

or just search Final Fantasy XIV Collector Edition
-----------------------------------------------------------

The FINAL FANTASY XIV Collector's Edition includes:

BEHIND-THE-SCENES DVD - Get an insider look at the making of FINAL FANTASY XIV with exclusive video content, interviews and more in this special documentary DVD

SECURITY TOKEN - A FINAL FANTASY XIV branded Security Token used in addition to your regular password

TRAVEL JOURNAL - Record your travels in this beautifully bound journal filled with pages of never-before-seen concept art

RIGHT OF PASSAGE - Redeem a voucher to receive your fully personalized right of passage certificate, each stamped with a unique serial number

FREE TRIAL - Free trial for a limited time

BUDDY PASS - Invite a friend to play free for a limited time

GAME DISC

GAME MANUAL

The game might be broken now, and while the digital download has been sold many times around 5 bucks, the collectors edition is really nice at the 20 dollar price point, but most importantly, when 2.0 comes out later this year, you get upgraded for free for having owned 14 at one point and the improvements to it looks pretty nice.

How many MMORPG CEs are going to drop in price today?! Old Republic, Tera, now this.

I'd be tempted to pick this up, but it's already been $25 at Gamestop a long time ago when they still had the subscription fee waived. Still might be worth picking up if you have any interest in it for when they fix up the game in the upcoming patch.

[quote name='vamn']~$18 on Amazon for physical copy. ~$16 for download.

http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-40883Fantasy-XIV1-Download/dp/B006IUVDOS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344320739&sr=8-1&keywords=Ffxiv

Personally, I'd wait til it's 9.99 and after it's been relaunched.[/QUOTE]

Uhh...did you miss the "Collector's Edition" part?

Pretty sure it still is pretty active, so much has changed since '05 though. Supposedly leveling is much easier now, I wouldn't know though, I quit in 2004 when Rise of Zilart was the only expansion out. Heck I was only a kid but I must say, the best memories I had in a video game definitely came from that game. But even then I noticed how bad a MMO could sink its teeth into you. That was the last and only MMO I've actually ever played. (Aside from PSO/PSU which I don't count.)

It's just too bad XIV sucked hard, hopefully 2.0 remedies that, but I think I'm done with this game. Oddly enough, almost two years later I just don't have any interest in it anymore.

Still waiting to see if there is anything worth paying monthly for or just diving into Guild Wars 2 in a couple of weeks.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']wait...the behind the scenes DVD...does that include the behind the scenes of them re-building the game?[/QUOTE]

course not

If it had a collector's edition statue I'd have been all over this... but I have Guild wars 2 and star wars to scratch that MMO itch for me.

[quote name='Woocls']If it had a collector's edition statue I'd have been all over this... but I have Guild wars 2 and star wars to scratch that MMO itch for me.[/QUOTE]

This might sound bad, but I don't actually intend on playing this game.

I only bought it because:

1. It's relatively cheap for a Collectors Edition.
2. I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan.
3. And I'm a collector. :cool:

(oh and it has some nice Amano art work, too)

[quote name='keine']This might sound bad, but I don't actually intend on playing this game.

(oh and it has some nice Amano art work, too)[/QUOTE]
See I'm a sucker for collector's editions too... but I just don't see anything in this worth $20. I know I won't have time to play a third MMO when 2.0 comes out so getting the game isn't really a plus. Even if it had something cool like a map or decals. A making of DVD on how they made this piss poor product just doesn't do it for me.

[quote name='keine']This might sound bad, but I don't actually intend on playing this game.

(oh and it has some nice Amano art work, too)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the game was incredibly mediocre. I bought it and BOUGHT a GTX 470 before it came out just to be ready for it. Was a big FFXI fan up until 2004 when I quit, and I hadn't played a single MMO since PSOBB/PSU (If you can count that lol). So when they announced this, I figured they would improve on the mechanics of FFXI and maybe take some of other popular MMO's and merge it into this one, making it a fine MMORPG.. Oh yeah, I was DEAD WRONG. I think I played maybe the first 3 days, and quit. The worst purchase I have ever made.

But I think I'm going to go ahead and buy it, just because I really enjoyed FFXI back in the day. :'(.. and I dunno, maybe just maybe I might give it another try when 2.0 comes out (doubt it though.)

[quote name='eXiON'] and I dunno, maybe just maybe I might give it another try when 2.0 comes out (doubt it though.)[/QUOTE]
There's going to be some free trial time when 2.0 hits, it would be worth checking out.

bread's done
Back