Final Fantasy XIV for PC for £4.85($8.00 US) @ Zavvi.com + TheHut.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the online still free, or did they start charging for it? (if so, does it come with a month free on new accounts?)

It is still free, a couple of my friends play it and I was thinking about getting this as well. It should come with a free month and I'm not really sure about how many characters you get. Thanks OP!

You get one character for free with this game, and one month free play time. After that you are supposed to pay a monthly fee, but Square Enix decided that the developers of this game so fucked up its launch that they aren't charging a monthly fee to play yet (SE fired most of the dev team, and hired a new one to fix the game so not to screw up its PS3 launch too). So right now, its free to play.

I play it here and there but be aware, its like playing a game in beta. There are alot of problems, missing content, and bugs that are slowly getting fixed. IMHO, I beta tested this game, and it never should have been released when it was, so to see a new dev team working on it, and no monthly fees to play have been encouraging.

All in all, I'd say this is an OK deal if you can play it in your region.

Sort of related, but theres a game on thehut I want to buy, and I was wondering how I should format my shipping address to make sure they actually ship it. Any help?

Bump about my question. Also the "deal" is still up, just in case someone has a ff14 hankering.

Choose your country from the drop-down menu first, then put the first line of your address on the first line, the second line on the second, your area code in the "post code" box, etc.

If your country isn't listed, shoot them an email. Mine wasn't, but they added it after I emailed them. :)

This is how my address shows up on the address book portion of their webpage

My Name
MYSTREET PL
MYCITY, NEW YORK
United States
12345-6789

Could you show me what your's looks like at https://www.thehut.com/hut/accountAddressBook.secure ? You can take out your real info and replace it like I did.

edit - and their support didn't actually answer my question :/

I don't know if it's even worth trying. Berzerker said that you won't be able to play the game because it'll come with a UK serial number that can't be used with a US billing address.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Hrm, according to allakhazam's ff14 webpage, it seems to say that.

This is a requirement in order to play XIV. Unlike FFXI, all players must log in with their Square Enix account information.

Click here to begin registering your Square Enix Account
Enter your corresponding region -- This is very important! Your game software must match your registered region.
Proceed through the steps to enter in the rest of your information and complete the registration.

Also atleast this bump was relevant to the thread :D

bread's done
Back