Final Fantasy XIV pre order $34.99 at Newegg

I don't think it'll go lower, but I might as well ask...I can cancel a Xillia pre-order if a better one comes up here or elsewhere right?

I don't think it'll go lower, but I might as well ask...I can cancel a Xillia pre-order if a better one comes up here or elsewhere right?
Yup, very easily too. All done via website. I know I lucked out probably, but I even got to cancel in the packaging stage of shipment when I forgot about my Dead Island preorder there. Sure they charged me, but I got the refund in about 4 days with no hassle.

I think there's a 10 off 50 with newcustomer06 making the game 49.99 for xillia but u might have to make a new account :p

No early access or preorder items for XIV, seems pretty dumb to gimp yourself out of a week of early gameplay and 2 rare items for 5$ lol

I would love to cancel my Amazon pre-order of Xillia and get it it from the egg but Newegg completely blows when it comes to any pre-order bonus stuff and so I'm not sure if they would even get the Day 1 editions of Xillia. I'd rather pay 7 bucks more and make sure I get all the Day 1 extras from Amazon.

If you have to pay a monthly fee to access the game, is it really a deal?
The monthly fee doesnt really matter since someone planning on buying this will have to pay the monthly fee anyways, so why not try and find the lowest price on the disc of the game .... your argument makes no sense -_-

If you have to pay a monthly fee to access the game, is it really a deal?
Even though FFXIV 2.0 is a lot better than 1.0, I still think it's very weak compared to FFXI. That being said I will still defend the monthly fees. SE constantly works on their MMOs and constantly adds tons of content for free, like perpetual DLC, so it's definitely worth it if you like the game.

FFXI gave me thousands of hours of unforgettable content, people and memories; as such even with the monthly fee I still think I got a great deal.

Even though FFXIV 2.0 is a lot better than 1.0, I still think it's very weak compared to FFXI. That being said I will still defend the monthly fees. SE constantly works on their MMOs and constantly adds tons of content for free, like perpetual DLC, so it's definitely worth it if you like the game.

FFXI gave me thousands of hours of unforgettable content, people and memories; as such even with the monthly fee I still think I got a great deal.
Can I add a different view? As in, why are we paying for nothing? I remember a time when FFXI got maybe 1 update a year, the rest being just patches and fixes every 3-4 months. It took them 5+ years to roll out one expansion, Wings of the Goddess, while the dev team was split focused on secret new MMO, which turned out to be FFXIV. That's pretty inexcusable to take that long to "finish" the expansion.

Welcome to disagree with me, but I feel monthly fees are old and outdated models. It makes you feel obligated to login and play that MMO, because you're paying for a service you should use it. I feel a full rebuild of AAR/2.0 could have been a chance to change the model, adopting Guild Wars or other FTP models. Giving people a choice to pay for what they want, because the game was a one time fee or free, feels much better and willing to do so as a consumer.

I understand why they are doing monthly fees, they almost have to after the failure of the game, but I don't agree with them. I can't imagine how Dragon Quest X on Wii/WiiU monthly fees would fly if it ever comes to NA.

Pre-ordered FF14 and Xillia. Not sure if I'll keep FF14 since the PS3 beta does not look as good as it does on PC and makes my eyes become blurry. Not sure on Xillia either. I was hoping for a better deal, and then there is still that LE that I kind of want. So undecided. xD

Yup, very easily too. All done via website. I know I lucked out probably, but I even got to cancel in the packaging stage of shipment when I forgot about my Dead Island preorder there. Sure they charged me, but I got the refund in about 4 days with no hassle.
Thank you very much! I am preordering it now...and then we'll worry about the extras that it should hopefully get since it's a first-print run.

I would love to cancel my Amazon pre-order of Xillia and get it it from the egg but Newegg completely blows when it comes to any pre-order bonus stuff and so I'm not sure if they would even get the Day 1 editions of Xillia. I'd rather pay 7 bucks more and make sure I get all the Day 1 extras from Amazon.
Xillia is one of those games where every copy in the first print is the LE.

I hope so thought the same for Project X Zone and everyone is getting a standard edition from Newegg. I'd rather not trust Bamco right now and they are still on my bad list from companies (Capcom and Square-Enix are living in this abyss too....). I just don't trust them....will likely still keep order on Amazon than save a few dollars and end up with just a bluray case with the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope so thought the same for Project X Zone and everyone is getting a standard edition from Newegg. I'd rather not trust Bamco right now and they are still on my bad list from companies (Capcom and Square-Enix are living in this abyss too....). I just don't trust them....will likely still keep order on Amazon than save a few dollars and end up with just a bluray case with the game.
I hate Bamco as much as the next guy, but you can't really blame the Newegg fiasco on them. It was Newegg's decision to do it, not Bamco.

I'm not so sure, not with Newegg.

Did anybody pre-order Dark Souls from Newegg? If so did you get the Day 1 Limited Edition? Considering it's the same publisher as Xillia, that would give us a better idea.

Can I add a different view? As in, why are we paying for nothing? I remember a time when FFXI got maybe 1 update a year, the rest being just patches and fixes every 3-4 months. It took them 5+ years to roll out one expansion, Wings of the Goddess, while the dev team was split focused on secret new MMO, which turned out to be FFXIV. That's pretty inexcusable to take that long to "finish" the expansion.

Welcome to disagree with me, but I feel monthly fees are old and outdated models. It makes you feel obligated to login and play that MMO, because you're paying for a service you should use it. I feel a full rebuild of AAR/2.0 could have been a chance to change the model, adopting Guild Wars or other FTP models. Giving people a choice to pay for what they want, because the game was a one time fee or free, feels much better and willing to do so as a consumer.

I understand why they are doing monthly fees, they almost have to after the failure of the game, but I don't agree with them. I can't imagine how Dragon Quest X on Wii/WiiU monthly fees would fly if it ever comes to NA.
Well I quit in early 2004, but didn't they also get Chains of Promathia & Treasures of Aht Urhgan? Or do you mean, it took them 5 years to finish Wings of the Goddess?

If Square didn't have that stupid policy where your character got deleted after 3 months, I probably would've joined again and played.

I will agree that XIV was lackluster compared to XI, it didn't have anything that made XI great. I haven't played 2.0 yet, and really don't think I will. I completely agree with monthly fees becoming an outdated model. It used to work because there were just a handful MMO's. Now, there's too many to even name, and with many adopting a F2P model and charging only for premium content, I can't see how games like these can survive.

XIV got a whole lot of backlash, and from what I played, I was left with a sour taste. I only played for literally a week before quitting, it was just a god awful experience. So even now that I hear how much improved 2.0 is, I'm not sure... I would rather wait for a game like PSO2 to hit North America (which is F2P) and support them through in-game purchases.

What I expect and what I want are different. I'd buy it at $40. Mayyyybe even $45. But not more than that. I'm willing to wait for my price point; I'd just prefer it sooner than later :)
I guess it depends if the Limited Edition stuff matters to you or not, if not then yeah you should probably wait for $40-45.

If Square didn't have that stupid policy where your character got deleted after 3 months, I probably would've joined again and played.
They got rid of that ages ago. They save your character forever and you can take as big a break as you want whenever you want. I still come back to the game during the summer months cause there's usually not much to play and I still love the game,. I've have yet to find any game that gives me the same rush as when tanking/soloing tough NMs on Ninja.

Gonna have to pass though. Only save $5 and what about shipping? 

If you don't get the pre-order DLC then why bother? Unless you do get the pre-order moogle hat and the beheamoth minion.

its free shipping
DLC included, or no?

I have the CE pre-ordered. Also, with Newegg, will you get the code to redeem to play the full game early, or not? Since, if you order from Newegg, it might not arrive until after it starts, you're probably just better off pre-ordering in store.

Besides, it's only a $5 difference.

I emailed customer service inquiring about Xillia being the Limited Edition. They gave the standard copy & paste response about not being able to guarantee a specific "edition or version" and from the articles I've read about the LE it is only going to be sold by "participating retailers". They also don't provide release day shipping. I'd rather pay full price and get the LE stuff elsewhere, personally.

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

I would like to assist you. However, we cannot guarantee the edition or version of the products. Generally, our stock moves so fast that we have the latest version or revision of everything. Unfortunately, we do not have a way to physically get our hands on our most current stock and tell you what revision we have at the moment. Also, we cannot tag a particular item for a particular order. We do not guarantee revision numbers unless it is specifically noted on the description on the website. We hope this information is helpful.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still require any assistance, please feel free to reply directly to this email.

I emailed customer service inquiring about Xillia being the Limited Edition. They gave the standard copy & paste response about not being able to guarantee a specific "edition or version" and from the articles I've read about the LE it is only going to be sold by "participating retailers". They also don't provide release day shipping. I'd rather pay full price and get the LE stuff elsewhere, personally.
Just so they don't sound so demonized, they do provide free 3-day shipping most of the time. And it almost always arrived on launch date, except for Sunday releases, which arrive on Monday.

For those who have played the beta, could you answer a few questions, please?

How is the interface, will it work well for the PS3 controller?

Is the game more like XI or like WoW?  I really liked a lot of the mechanics in XI, especially the sub jobs, but I preferred WoW because of the interface and the ability to jump in and out of being a hardcore player.

I'm still trying to decide whether or not I want to preorder this game and whether I want to preorder it for PS3 or PC.  I played XI on the PS2 and I had a blast using the controller.

Thank you!

Just so they don't sound so demonized, they do provide free 3-day shipping most of the time. And it almost always arrived on launch date, except for Sunday releases, which arrive on Monday.
I wasn't intending to demonize them. I ordered Graces F through them last year and thought it came several days after release. Turns out it was only 1 day after release which isn't bad for free shipping (and I only paid $47.99 for it). My only concern with Xillia is that it probably won't be the LE edition.

I wasn't intending to demonize them. I ordered Graces F through them last year and thought it came several days after release. Turns out it was only 1 day after release which isn't bad for free shipping (and I only paid $47.99 for it). My only concern with Xillia is that it probably won't be the LE edition.
At least according to Siliconera, the LE is "limited to the game’s first-print run" and "available at all U.S. and Canadian retailers." They aren't even creating any non-LE copies until the first print run is depleted.

You guys are starting to make me worry though. :lol: What's the specific concern with Newegg?

For those who have played the beta, could you answer a few questions, please?

How is the interface, will it work well for the PS3 controller?

Is the game more like XI or like WoW? I really liked a lot of the mechanics in XI, especially the sub jobs, but I preferred WoW because of the interface and the ability to jump in and out of being a hardcore player.

I'm still trying to decide whether or not I want to preorder this game and whether I want to preorder it for PS3 or PC. I played XI on the PS2 and I had a blast using the controller.

Thank you!
I've played WoW, FFXI, and have beta tested both versions of FF14 (1.0 and 2.0).

FF14 2.0's interface is very much like WoW's, easy to pick up and play and semi customizable (and rumor has it the developers are considering allowing addons like WoW too). Its like a cross between a FFXI style world with WoW style gameplay and accessability, with no more party only grinding for experience or deleveling when you die. Next beta test there will be a dungeon finder implimented so no more standing around waiting for parties. Also, don't want to wait for a party to level? Go out with your chocobo and level...it can be made into a party member.

I haven't tested out the PS3 controller this round (I played 1.0 almost exclusively with the controller and was sick of it) but PC players have the option of choosing to play with both a keyboard and a controller (in fact during the ingame tutorial, the first question it asks PC players is how they want to play, with controller or keyboard). However a friend that I have been testing with has been exclusively using the controller for his PS3 and loves it.

Technically there are no subjobs in FF14, but you can just mix and match various skills to whatever class your playing.

This game is going to open beta soon so the best thing for you would probably be to apply to test both PC and PS3 and see for yourself which you prefer.

Hope that helps!

I've played WoW, FFXI, and have beta tested both versions of FF14 (1.0 and 2.0).

FF14 2.0's interface is very much like WoW's, easy to pick up and play and semi customizable (and rumor has it the developers are considering allowing addons like WoW too). Its like a cross between a FFXI style world with WoW style gameplay and accessability, with no more party only grinding for experience or deleveling when you die. Next beta test there will be a dungeon finder implimented so no more standing around waiting for parties. Also, don't want to wait for a party to level? Go out with your chocobo and level...it can be made into a party member.

I haven't tested out the PS3 controller this round (I played 1.0 almost exclusively with the controller and was sick of it) but PC players have the option of choosing to play with both a keyboard and a controller (in fact during the ingame tutorial, the first question it asks PC players is how they want to play, with controller or keyboard). However a friend that I have been testing with has been exclusively using the controller for his PS3 and loves it.

Technically there are no subjobs in FF14, but you can just mix and match various skills to whatever class your playing.

This game is going to open beta soon so the best thing for you would probably be to apply to test both PC and PS3 and see for yourself which you prefer.

Hope that helps!
Wow, great response, thanks a lot! I'm definitely going to want to check this out. I just hope I don't get too caught up in it, my life has changed quite a bit since XI and WoW days...

Well I quit in early 2004, but didn't they also get Chains of Promathia & Treasures of Aht Urhgan? Or do you mean, it took them 5 years to finish Wings of the Goddess?
Yes, there were previous complete expansions. I was saying Wings of the Goddess, from when it was released, took them 5 years to finish rolling out its content. Imagine installing your new expansion to a MMO and being done with it in a few hours. Now wait 3-6 months for the next 2 hour worth of content patch. Over the course of 5 years.

At least according to Siliconera, the LE is "limited to the game’s first-print run" and "available at all U.S. and Canadian retailers." They aren't even creating any non-LE copies until the first print run is depleted.

You guys are starting to make me worry though. :lol: What's the specific concern with Newegg?
Check out the Project X Zone Newegg thread. A lot of unhappy posts about not getting the LE.

Check out the Project X Zone Newegg thread. A lot of unhappy posts about not getting the LE.
Thanks. Definitely food for thought. I might consider moving my preorder if Amazon or Best Buy change their listing to explicitly note that they're selling the first print LE and Newegg doesn't.

bread's done
Back