Final Fight Double Impact $4.99 on PSN

i gameshare quite a bit with my friends (rockband songs which we play online anyways) and for 5 bucks they can buy this on their own. I dont mind having to be logged in to the internet to play because if i didnt have internet to begin with then i wouldnt have been able to download this game in the first place huh?

Most psn games i play and beat within a matter of days anyway and then i never touch them again. I dont think ill be too concerned "if i move and get a new internet provider and cant play final fight for 2 days" because im pretty sure if i move ill have a lot better stuff to be doing for 1-2 days than sitting in my new home unpacked playing final fight. If anything ill play final fight one for gba until then.

[quote name='Chacrana']Actually, the poor emulation on a lot of the games in that compilation mean that those aren't things you should support. That said, I miss compilations.[/QUOTE]

Actually most reviews indicate that the emulation for most of the games on this collection is just fine. The only notable exceptions are the Street Fighter II games in V1.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Yes, let's argue about people not having Internet while we're on the Internet. And where did you get the bullshit 22% statistic?

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/bw/1001/ - That site says that among active Internet users, 94.55% are using broadband. And even if that site is wrong? Who gives a shit? It has little to do with this conversation. If you can buy Final Fight on the store, you have broadband Internet. If you do some extra legwork like going to a friend's house to buy it or whatever, you're in the minority. And like I said, chances are if you're buying shit off the store, you have broadband.

No shit people buy DLC for games they play a lot. That's the whole business model. The costumes was just one example, I wasn't going to list every possible example of DLC. I don't buy map packs either because I don't care about them. Does it bother me that companies are releasing them instead of including them on the disk? No, I don't give a shit.

To further my point about paying to play online since you thought that was a victory for you, I'll just stop playing online. I won't be crying in my pillow because I have to pay to go online.

My main point to you and that other loser sudoku or whatever his name is is that there is a difference between informing people about the DRM and throwing a shitfest when someone says they want to buy the game anyways or don't care about the DRM. If you guys would have left it at that notice (even posting it in every page wouldn't have been a big deal), then it's cool but you guys are starting some bullshit argument about some trivial aspect of a $5 game.

By the way, Capcom doesn't care what system you buy it on. As long as you bought it, that's money in their pockets.

Hahahahha.[/QUOTE]
Because I have the internet now does not mean I will have it forever or should not stand up for people that do not have it... bullshit statistic? http://www.internetworldstats.com/dsl.htm

How does the amount of people able to get online with a PS3 have no bearing on whether or not games should require authentication during play, especially if it happens to more games?

Again, funny how you equate costumes with full game experience and think listing anything beyond that is listing every DLC example. You ignore the fact that games are sold broken up, and now say you don't care. You should care that you're paying for a game that is no longer the full game requiring you to either miss out on it or pay a premium for it. The attitude that it's no big deal is why this has occurred and will continue to get worse.

It is ridiculous that you defend practices that help contribute to practices that will effectively prevent you personally from playing games online anymore. You're fucking over yourself.

I haven't thrown no shitfest. I saw someone (you) make a completely antagonistic post against someone trying to educate people about the DRM so I calmly responded to you.

But you know I look further in this thread and this is the type of posts I see you making:
[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm gonna buy this game just to spite all you nerds whining about something so trivial.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gettinmoney662']But what if the apocalypse hits and we never have an Internet connection ever again? THEN YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PLAY FINAL FIGHT!!! You basically just wasted your five dollars, congratulations.

Or even better, what if you move and you have to change cable/Internet providers? You might not have Internet access for 1-2 days. THAT MEANS YOU CAN'T PLAY FINAL FIGHT FOR 1-2 DAYS!!!!!! fuck Capcom![/QUOTE]
No one ever incurs circumstances which make them unable to afford luxuries... or has no access to games when they all end up requiring authentication.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Ooo, a man of principle! The ladies must go wild.[/QUOTE]
Your posts speak for themselves. People post reasons why they don't want to buy a game with DRM or they post reasons why you should not support it and you go out of your way to try and insult them. You're the one who is throwing a shitfest. We are just trying to reason with you, but you won't have none of that because you're afraid of how it makes you look.

I already said people should buy it on 360 where there is no DRM so I don't understand why you're making that comment. Show Capcom that you don't approve of this DRM by buying the version that does not have it. Simple and beneficial to you. Or you can defend practices that hurt the consumer and require you to pay more for less... Hmm, this requires a lot of contemplation.

On a side note, (And i guess actually on topic). Is the online still active for this? If so i think i might buy it (Seeing as i have about 100+ dollars worth of PSN credit from the K-Mart sales just sitting around)

[quote name='chimpmeister']These are the kinds of releases you should be supporting, no BS restrictions, unlimited play rights, physical media:

33o3ckj.jpg

2ekkysm.jpg

As for the crappy internet-connected-only version of this game offered on PSN, I'll pass. As many others have said here, when you support this kind of crap, it will just get worse. No thanks to DRM garbage like this.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir, couldn't have said it better myself. And I second your recommendations, both can be had for about $5 each and you get both of those games and lots more, lots of bonuses and extras along with it as well.

I'm not going to throw myself in this argument as it looks like it's never ending anyway. But for the record I don't support this type of DRM either, and since I own about 80% of every Capcom game from PS1 onward, I'll support them with my money for quality products and for doing the right things, but not for them doing this.

Also something to note: Sony came up with the DRM tools that Capcom used in the PS3 version, they only took the developer tools and put them in the game, so make sure the fingers are pointed at all parties and not just the one offender.

[quote name='Chacrana']Actually, the poor emulation on a lot of the games in that compilation mean that those aren't things you should support. That said, I miss compilations.[/QUOTE]

Actually unless you played a majority of these in the arcades, the emulation is not as spotty as you suggest. And outside of owing the cab itself, using Mame or something similar no one here would know the difference. I know many of us actually played these in a real arcade, but I'd bet a larger amount here have never been to an arcade...:cry:

So which is more sad a port that isn't 100% or people not playing them at all.

J7, that's why he's on my ignore list, and why he's been there for years.

For what its worth, I didn't think these games held up that well over the years.

After the nostalgia wore off, I was left with a shallow game filled with cheap deaths (like most arcade games), juggles, and boredom...

bread's done
Back