Finally about to finish Xenogears...

cthcky33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (94%)
after many years of starting and stopping this game, im finally close to the end. Though i must say the storyline is WAY confusing. right now im at the escaping Solaris part. One question, besides just explaining what is going on, are there multiple endings???

I bought the game four years ago. I played it on and off, and eventually got all the way to the last dungeon... and went on permanent hiatus. That was 2 years ago.

i got about 40 hours in like 3 years ago and didnt pick it up again til a week ago. and somewhere along the line the save from the first time got erased

Last I checked, my save file was around 86 hours. I remember that I had unlcoked every single Deathblow, save for Fei's final move. The little progress chart says I've learned %100 of it; I just need Fei to be at a high enough level to use it. I believe I have him at level 80-something. Damn that game.

damn im still at like level 58 and only like 40 hours. but i have been flying thru it pretty fast.... maybe there is more to go then i thought....

That game was good until disc 2 when it seemed like the budget was cut. I spent so much time watching Fei in that damn chair and reading that by the time I finished the game I had lost all interest.

[quote name='cthcky33']damn im still at like level 58 and only like 40 hours. but i have been flying thru it pretty fast.... maybe there is more to go then i thought....[/QUOTE]

I've done pretty much everything there is to do in the game; every sidequest, every rare item, I did it all. And now I just can't motivate myself to finish it.

Also, don't finish the game without getting Citan's, erm, "secret" weapon. You may have already, but it's a totally different game once you do.

[quote name='Ledhed']I've done pretty much everything there is to do in the game; every sidequest, every rare item, I did it all. And now I just can't motivate myself to finish it.

Also, don't finish the game without getting Citan's, erm, "secret" weapon. You may have already, but it's a totally different game once you do.[/QUOTE]

Semi spoiler

The Sword??? i thought u had to get that, or are u talking about an omnigear of his or something?

end small spoiler

[quote name='Ledhed']I've done pretty much everything there is to do in the game; every sidequest, every rare item, I did it all. And now I just can't motivate myself to finish it.

Also, don't finish the game without getting Citan's, erm, "secret" weapon. You may have already, but it's a totally different game once you do.[/QUOTE]

Ledhed, like always, is absolutely right about Citan-- that weapon makes the game much much easier. If you're looking to powerlevel, there is a spot in the final dungeoun that gives incredible exp and money-- check out an FAQ, as I can't remember exactly.

The entirety of the Xenosaga is confusing as all get out, there was a webpage that completely intertwined Gears with the two made Saga games pretty well, give me a little to find it again.

ill have to check a few faqs about it. will i still be able to get it or am i too close to the end. i would get the guide, but it costs like a million dollars

[quote name='cthcky33']ill have to check a few faqs about it. will i still be able to get it or am i too close to the end. i would get the guide, but it costs like a million dollars[/QUOTE]

If you're where I was at when I was at 40 hours, you have plenty of time. I think I gt it around 60 or 70 hours; it's relatively close to the end.

Also, I got the guide used from GS for $2. :D

[quote name='Ledhed']If you're where I was at when I was at 40 hours, you have plenty of time. I think I gt it around 60 or 70 hours; it's relatively close to the end.

Also, I got the guide used from GS for $2. :D[/QUOTE]

ill give you $4 for it!! ;)

theres a good profit margin for ya

[quote name='cthcky33']so does anyone know about whether there are multiple endings or just one??[/QUOTE]

I'm almost positive that there is just one. But, I've yet to even finish the game once, so I can't say that I know for sure.

this game is great but it took me 3 yrs of off and on to beat i guess the religion part starts to get to me and the constant talking but the best part was the options with the combat with the combos great game hope you enjoy beating it as much as i did.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Ledhed, like always, is absolutely right about Citan-- that weapon makes the game much much easier.[/QUOTE]

Uh...this game was hard? I breezed through Xenogears in a little under 40 hours, never died on a boss, never had any real problems whatsoever, except for the fact that the first 18 hours of it was terrible, but, thankfully, the last 20 hours more than made up for it.

[quote name='Otherguy676']That game was good until disc 2 when it seemed like the budget was cut. I spent so much time watching Fei in that damn chair and reading that by the time I finished the game I had lost all interest.[/QUOTE]
that's because the budget *WAS* cut; the funds went to FF8

bread's done
Back