Finally did it and bought a PS4:-)

buffalo

CAGiversary!
Be here Tuesday from Amazon and got Knack with it and being a huge fan of platformers......I thought that would be a great first game!. Really excited to finally own my first next-gen console:). So what are some other games I should checkout?..know one that I'm getting next and that is Infamous: Second Son.

can you take it back
What is that supposed to mean? Trolling?

OP, congrats on your purchase! If you like racing games, Need for Speed: Rivals looks and plays great. If you like FPS games, Killzone: Shadow Fall looks fantastic and runs smoothly. If you like shmups, Resogun is fantastic, a blast to play. There are also Steamworld Dig and Dead Nation, both great games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Infamous is good.. I'm currently playing Thief now and I didn't think I would like it, but it's actually pretty good.

What is that supposed to mean? Trolling?

OP, congrats on your purchase! If you like racing games, Need for Speed: Rivals looks and plays great. If you like FPS games, Killzone: Shadow Fall looks fantastic and runs smoothly. If you like shmups, Resogun is fantastic, a blast to play. There are also Steamworld Dig and Dead Nation, both great games.
Thanks man, have Rivals on PS3 and love it, for Killzone will check it out and still need to start and finish part 3 and not much into shmups but thanks for the ideas!.

Congrats! IMo Your 1st game should have been infamous amd not knack.
Got because I love platformers and action/adventure games and told myself when I bought the console that Knack will be my first buy and sure I will love it!. But Infamous is second on my buy list for sure!.

Check out BF4 if you like first person shooters. Child of light was OK...check the demo first. A bit light content but it's the only rpgntje PS4 currently has to my knowledge.

Get PS+ if you don't have it. Some of the free indie games so far have been pretty good and I'm sure it will start getting some retail games in a year or so (like PS3 and Vita do) once there are some older games that have stopped selling much.

Congrats on getting a PS4. Don't let anyone tell you that you made a bad decision with Knack. Sounds like a good game and if you enjoy then it was worth it. I've been wanting to try it too. 

InFAMOUS, Outlast, and TowerFall are essentials for PS4 fans. Especially Towerfall if you've got 2 or more controllers for local multiplayer parties

Congrats!!

You should @ least try out Resogun. That game had me addicted for a while. Its a very good game and its free (still free right?) so u got nothing to lose.

Infamous is a must. Umm..Killzone is ok, but imo BF4 is a much better online experience (when its working) lol.

If you like sports, Nba2k14 and MLB the show looks crazy on this gen with greT gameplay.

For racing, wait till Driveclub or Project cars imo.

Oh yea n Watch Dogs!!

Enjoy ur shiny new system!

Welcome! Your first plan of attack is to get ps+. You'll need it for online gaming (only on ps4, all other systems are free) AND you'll be getting a ton of free games in the future. If you really want to take advantage of ps+ though you should get a ps3 as well since they have regular ps+ sales at unbeatable prices. My top recommendation for you is either RESOGUN or Infamous: SS. Killzone is also a good choice and probably one of the best looking games so far.

thanks guys, in transit and be here today and work tonight and off tomorrow and you know what I'll be doing Wednesday:)....can't wait!

Have Rayman on 360 and love it and thanks for suggestion, please everyone add me on PSN it's buffalo29....loving Knack!

Congratulations for spending money on a consumer electronics product! Join the club. Here is your membership card. You will be required to have the following opinions...

I wish I had a PS4.  I so would get:

Killzone: Shadow Fall
InFamous: Second Son
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Planet Side 2
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Batman Arkham Knight
Whatever else is a PS4 exclusive not on XB1
Whatever else is on PS4 that's not on PS3/360.

bread's done
Back