Finally fix PS4?

jms209

CAGiversary!
So I've had my ps4 broken for 6 months,worked fine.

Next day I turned it on and hdmi was dead.

Been using it to play local games with remote play with vita tv, but that only goes so far.

WWE 2k15,cod single player,axiom verge, and other games run fine.

Games like COD are unplayable online, which brings me to BLOPS 3.

I really want to play the game, but I need to fix my ps4 for $162 from Sony.

On the other hand, I can continue to play on PS3. My cousin pays me $15 and I pay $25 for digital version.

You think I'm correct in assuming the PS3 and PS4 versions won't be much different in MP?

Atleast with COD AW, I got the cross-buy. So when my ps4 stopped working, I could go on my PS3 and play there since I had the license for both.

I've been holding off fixing my ps4 because I don't think I need to honestly.

I only play wwe 2k15, cod, and some indie games. They all run fine offline.

Other days I get pissed off because remote play is unplayable some days. :wall:

I just need some suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been broken for six months? How long have you actually had it since the warranty from Sony is one year. I'd keep calling in until you get someone to wave or reduce the repair fee.

Bought from my cousin around July last year.
He bought it on release.
Warranty was up November last year.

Hdmi stopped working around March this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember some people who worked there that said they'd get the repair fee waived even though the warranty expired so I'd keep calling in to see if they'll fix it for free or at least reduce the fee. Tell them the MSRP dropped down so the repair fee should be lowered.

I told them that. They wouldn't budge.
Kept saying it covers replacement and other issues they might find. Could not lower price at all.

$162 for faulty hdmi looks like too much to pay.

Should have purchased the warranty on PSN. Actually not sure if you can, but boot up in remote play and purchase the warranty on PSN, wait a couple weeks and call and say you have the warranty. Not sure if it'd work. I know The accidental has to be purchased within a month of retail purchase, the other I think is different.

bread's done
Back